Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I think it says a lot of positive things for the show when basically everyone had the episode so thoroughly pegged that we could have written the script ourselves based on our predictions and how we understand Rainbow's personality and have it come out nearly the same, but it was still thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. It even managed to work the episode moral in a way that is very clearly "Dash" without just making her shrug the whole thing off immediately like the other two episodes did. Dash gained a lot of stock for me in this episode.

Also:

Daring Do's actual voice was awesome the few times she spoke (rather than Dash's narration), and there were a lot of fun visual gags in this episode too. Like Dash's... flawed Ninja attire. And I was surprised by how little of a role Twilight played in the proceedings, though there is nothing wrong with how it was done.

Edited by Celestia

The plot was painfully predictable but still very solid and a lot better than the last Dash episode.

Guys:

124750%20-%20bingo%20meta.jpg

Almost there. Especially since the Big Mac one is almost inevitable.

Edit:

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was an, eh, kinda alright ep. though pretty predictable. Well, the only part I really like was RD pulling a ninja/MGS in the hospital, which was pretty funny near the end. The Daring Do part felt dull because it was basic Indiana Jones cliche parody. Also, it was pretty disappointing that Twilight didn't have more of a role here since being the bookworm of the team and all, and would have had more interesting interaction between chars.

EDIT: Also, I would have preferred it if RD looked at more books than just one to mix up genres a bit.

Edited by AdventChild

You mean this one?

mjolnir__pony_of_thunder_by_felixattchar-d4oj8zw.png

I mean... This one?

120745%20-%20background_pony%20ePiSoDe_41%20Mjoll_Neigher%20Mjolna%20Mj%C3%B6lna%20Sandy%20season_2%20the_super_speedy_cider_squeezy_6000%20Thors_Hammer.png

I think her most common fan nickname is Mjolna, and she already has an ask blog.

xD

Wow, they're fast.

Also, I saw shed.mov a few hours ago (as soon as I woke up, pretty much). Pretty funny, but nowhere near as good as apple.mov or dress.mov.

It was a little cruel, and funny at times. But most of the time, it was just a gigantic parody of Cupcakes, which was okay, I guess... I can't say I didn't laugh however. I liked this one, but apple.mov is still the best one.

Also, gonna watch the new ep right now. Thanks for embedding it, Celestia!

Yay! New episode time.

* Love the Daring Do segments. Wouldn't mind seeing more of it in the future.

* Lots of AppleJack "cowgirl" talk in this one. I LOVE THAT.

* YOU SUNK MY CLOUDSHIP!

* LMAO at the crazy barking pony. That whole scene had me scratching my head, and then the payoff at the end was great.

* Who else wanted some sort of a Dr. Evil reference when the villain was petting that cat?

* Finally, a RD episode this season that makes her likable again.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

1. I love this episode!

2. I actually enjoyed the Daring-Do story. I'm a sucker for adventure stories, myself. And of all genre, it would make sense for that kind of story to grab RD's attention!

3. BARK! BARK! ocO ARF! BARK! BARK! *runs*

I really liked this episode a lot more than the last dash one. I'm left wondering just what the fuck happened to that pony in the full body cast...

I really liked this episode a lot more than the last dash one. I'm left wondering just what the fuck happened to that pony in the full body cast...

Maybe he broke a Pinkie promise.

See look. An episode that made Rainbow Dash a likable character.

Now that wasn't so hard, now was it?

"Help! Burglar Burglar! Someone's trying to steal my slippers!"

130508656057.jpg

This episode was pretty good.

Rainbow Dash is a difficult character for me to get a good read on (I just realized the accidental pun right after I typed that), and as such- even though I've always liked her- she's never been high on my list of favorite characters. I've always been a bit less invested in her character and personality than the other ponies, but this episode fleshed her out a bit, and I definitely like that.

The other characters didn't play a major part here, but there were some good jokes; I enjoyed Pinkie's ruckus/fracas tangent, the barking pony, etc. Good times.

Other than that, not much to say about this episode! Looking forward to next week's.

Edited by Flam

Ugh. This episode was just so painfully predictable and unoriginal that it actually hurt to watch it. I mean, this is actually the very first episode in which I actually had to force myself to watch it from beginning to end. I mean, ugh. Just ugh. The introduction of the book was so ridiculously non-subtle and her progression from an overt hater of any and all things books to a complete and total fangirl of the medium was so ludicrously instantaneous that it completely killed any possible moral that could have come out of this. She literally went from "I HATE BOOKS THEY'RE LAME" to "I FREAKING LOVE BOOKS" within the very few first sentences of the first page. Pacing? What's that?

Not to mention the book segments themselves were so incredibly boring and cliched to begin with. Filler everywhere. I would have much rather preferred cutting out those scenes entirely and have focused on Rainbow in the hospital, gradually warming up to the concept of reading over time. Also, more Twilight. Speaking of which, if this is the kind of stuff that Twilight enjoys reading in her spare time than she has been confirmed for terrible taste in books.

Bah. When will Rainbow Dash get a genuinely good episode? "The Mysterious Mare-do-Well" and "May the Best Pet Win" both carry nearly the same exact faults that this episode does. They really need to get one of their better writers to tackle one of her episodes, rather than Merriwether "This is my first episode of MLP" Williams and Charlotte "Recycled concept from countless other cartoons without really contributing anything to make it stand out amongst them" Fullerton.

Edited by E-10000B

I think the simplicity of the episode actually helped it A LOT. I mean RD isn't the most complex character in the world. "I'm awesome, spontaneous and my feelings and opinions can change like the wind." That's her in whole and in this episode.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Plus this episode actually got her to perform a change in behavior, which as far as I can tell means this is the only episode in the entire series where she actually learned something without fobbing it off before the episode was over.

I personally loved this episode, cause I pretty went through the same thing Dash did when I began to gain interest in My Little Pony. Heck I didn't even want to say I loved the show at first, since... I'm not gonna lie, insulted bronies in the past. =P When I started realizing I probably enjoyed My little Pony more than I thought, I pretty much went... "I'm a Brony ain't I?"

Though that's just me. Just a little cheesy comparison to me and Rainbow Dash to you all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Plus this episode actually got her to perform a change in behavior, which as far as I can tell means this is the only episode in the entire series where she actually learned something without fobbing it off before the episode was over.

May the Best Pet Win wasn't so bad about this. Yes, one could argue that giving Tank a mechanized helicopter pack undermines her not caring about his lack of speed/flight, but she still willingly accepted him as her pet before deciding to do that, and it seemed apparent she would have anyway, regardless of that addition.

I'm not even gonna try to defend Mare Do Well though. Everyone was so off there that I can't say much about it.

Edited by Flam

The only thing I can say about Mare Do Well right now is that it was better than Owls Well That Ends Well.

Though, saying you're better than Owls Well That Ends Well isn't saying much at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I can say about Mare Do Well right now is that it was better than Owls Well That Ends Well.

Though, saying you're better than Owls Well That Ends Well isn't saying much at all.

The only thing I can say about Mare Do Well right now is that it was better than Owls Well That Ends We was the weaskestll.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually genuinely enjoyed Owl's Well That Ends Well, and have never understood the fandom's widespread dislike of it. While Secret of My Excess was a better Spike episode in every way imaginable, Owl's Well wasn't bad.

Oh well, different preferences for different fans, I guess!

• Thumbs Up 1