Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I mean you might as well expect Luna's return to amount to just a cameo in that case.

We already know that Luna is getting at least one episode based entirely around her which will be "epic," so this comparison is false.

Agreed. Not making her at least a minor or supporting character would be a pretty silly move on the creators' part.

Ask an anime fan what happens when creators implement fanwank into canon for fanservice purposes. You'll be lucky if they don't murder you.

(Of course I could very well be getting the meaning of the word 'scripted' wrong)

You are. Scripted means that she shows up in the episode's script. It does not mean she has lines or that she even plays a role in the episode's plot.

You are. Scripted means that she shows up in the episode's script. It does not mean she has lines or that she even plays a role in the episode's plot.

Why would they bother going through the trouble of putting her in scripts, storyboards, and giving her a set of animations if she's not going to do anything relevant? There would be absolutely no need for that stuff if she was just going to keep on being a background character and occasional sight gag. And again, this is all that has been revealed. While it's true they haven't said she's going to do anything special, that doesn't mean we should take the lack of information at face value either.

Why would they bother going through the trouble of putting her in scripts, storyboards, and giving her a set of animations if she's not going to do anything relevant? There would be absolutely no need for that stuff if she was just going to keep on being a background character and occasional sight gag.

I have to say that if you are saying this that you don't know the process that cartoons go through in their creation, because the answer is pretty obvious. For starters, writing her into scenes from the start makes it a lot easier to actually get her into the scene.

And again, this is all that has been revealed. While it's true they haven't said she's going to do anything special, that doesn't mean we should take the lack of information at face value either.

I've found that taking things at face value and being surprised is a hell of a lot better than anticipating the best and getting nothing.

If you disagree, fine, but I still find your expectations to be terribly overconfident (and perhaps even ill-informed) based on what we do know.

Edited by Tornado

...And you're an animation expert? I don't know much about animation, true, but I am very familiar with scripting and...Ah forget it, I think we both need to listen to Applejack and Rarity. Let's stop before one of us says something they're truly going to regret.

Edited by Speederino

...And you're an animation expert?

I know enough about the process to know that scripting and storyboarding Derpy scenes in Season 2 would be a hell of a lot easier than adding them after both of those steps were done like they were doing in Season 1. Particularly if they want to eliminate the Derpy duplicates that were all over the place in Season One.

Edited by Tornado

Alright, moving on from the buzzkill conversation:

pinkie_vs_predator_by_csimadmax-d41efxj.png

I can totally see Pinkie doing that XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's see if I still have any painting skills...

A.K.A. I'm working on something.

A.K.A. Watch as I waste time working on something other than what I should be doing.

All done.

Before:

1009961copy.th.jpg

In Progress:

1009962copy.th.jpg

Complete:

1009963copy.th.jpg1009964copy.th.jpg

30 hours of painting (if you include dry times), partially because I originally did a white undercoat so that nasty SNES Yellow wouldn't show through and fuck with the blue top coats. Took me about an hour to get the face printed out correctly, and about 5 hours to actually make the thing (because I did it the hard way rather than the easy way, because I couldn't remember the easy way).

Edit: Apparently, you can't embed links in pictures anymore, so here are the links:

http://imageshack.us...009961copy.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...009962copy.jpg/

https://picasaweb.google.com/110323704036184757117/GTPBroniesOriginals#5636835215699095266

https://picasaweb.google.com/110323704036184757117/GTPBroniesOriginals#5636835214481464178

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

Watched it again with my little Sister...

She liked it... I didn't... BUT, THE HELL!!!?

It made me laugh at how stupid the characters were in Episode 19 (The Dogs)

Jesus Christ, I feel stupid.

I just realized something. When Twilight Sparkle says "but my little ponies, you opened up my eyes", Who wants to bet that she picks up a box containing a Twilight Sparkle Figure when she says it? If she did, that would be hilariousness.

Picked up my first Pony toy today. My Pinkie Pie is now sitting on a windowsill, letting her curls dry...

Tried to curl the hair with pens instead of the popular straws and pins method. Not sure how it'll turn out, but hoping Pinkie turns out okay XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Picked up my first Pony toy today. My Pinkie Pie is now sitting on a windowsill, letting her curls dry...

Tried to curl the hair with pens instead of the popular straws and pins method. Not sure how it'll turn out, but hoping Pinkie turns out okay XD

Hey Jenny, where did you buy her? smile.png

The ending of Of Mares and Magic was absolutely fucking terrible, to the extent that I feel like I wasted my time reading it in the first place. You don't build up 10 chapters of believable, profound and powerful character development (which, if you were lucky enough to see that emo post I made about it before I got embarrassed and deleted it, you know how much I personally connected with the story); and then throw it all out with a Star Crossed Lovers ending that directly contradicts shit that happened two chapters previously and completely undermines the previous 10 chapters, just so you can make use of that shiny new [sad] tag that you stapled to the story seemingly last minute.

I'm both absolutely devastated and furious. Just... fuck.

Here's the DVD competition results.

Gah! Why cant I get Winter Wrap Up out of my head?! Makes me want to write Summer Wrap Up to say goodbye to this unbearable heat

I laughed at this FunnyJunk picture. laugh.gif

Fitting+in+Oh+no+ponies_4d01e0_2438806.jpg

Was it supposed to be this:

284469_10150329363472915_617892914_9368701_5152150_n.jpg

?

This also kind of calls back to the problem with a lot of the fandom this show has gathered: "My Little Pony" as a line of toys existed before and will continue to exist after the show, and really, that's primarily what these characters are associated with.

I hate your people.

Because a very close friend of mine... Sucked me into this damn franchise.

I hope you people are happy.

Anyways... I like the rainbow pony.. Who's name escapes me.

Ok, I can't take it anymore, why do you guys buy the TOYS? I thought it was the show that we liked?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I can't take it anymore, why do you guys buy the TOYS? I thought it was the show that we liked?

Guess we're on the same boat, Broskii's.

People like a show, they buy merch of it. T-shirts, figures, DVDs, stuff like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I must admit, I've never really understood why people buy the toys either. Not just for My Little Pony, this goes for pretty much everything. I just don't see the appeal to figurines and action figures. There just isn't much you can do with them.

I'm not trying to slam anyone who likes this stuff, I'm just not personally into it.

I don't see myself buying the toys either, unless its a gift.

Also @TheREVerend, WelcomeToTheHerd.gif, Her name's Rainbow Dash.