Awoo.

Who's Your Favorite Sonic Generations Boss?

UltDevilDoom

I'll kick things off. My favorite Sonic Generations boss is Shadow, and not just because he's my favorite. He is the only boss who is a challenge sometimes (on Hard Mode). Yesterday I spent 11 minutes on him! My record is less than 3 minutes!

2. Perfect Chaos. Minus Super Sonic.

3. Egg Dragoon. It's now somewhat easy for me. Even on Hard Mode I can get an easy S rank.

4. Metal Sonic. I think he's cool, even though he's no threat to me at all in this game. I almost didn't mention him.

Last. Silver. An ill-concieved, stupid boss battle for an ill-concieved, stupid character.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

What's wrong with the Silver fight? If anything I find it one of the most fun in the game, him constantly using his psychic powers to create different formations of rubble along a desolate broken highway. And then he tries to crush you with a giant ball of wreckage, while STILL throwing shit at you. And then he gets crushed by it.

Perfect Chaos is a pretty fun level in boss clothing and Egg Dragoon has that nice challenge factor, as well as the cool sky diving segment.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 6

Gonna have to say Perfect Chaos. It's the only one that actually provides a challenge while still being fun. All Rival battles are too easy. Time Eater is just frustrating. Egg Dragoon is okay, but not very interesting. And Death Egg Robot is just way too slippery.

Still though, I do find myself going back to the Rival bosses every now and then, especially Metal Sonic. Guess they just have that appeal where despite being easy, they're still fun and keep you coming back for more!

death egg robot, purely for nostalgia's sake, I was so happy when it was announced he was going to be in the game and seeing him updated in glorious next gen graphics was such a treat.

I always really liked the Egg Dragon fight in Generations, especially on hard mode. Silver, too, especially when you try for a No Boost run with him.

Speaking of which, did anyone else notice Shadow's glitchiness if you don't boost during his fight?

Absolutely Perfect Chaos. I really like the idea of cinematic levels with boss fights tied in. If they'd have made it a bit longer with a few more hits, I think it'd have been perfect~ Plus it was really nice seeing him actually use those water tentacle things to tear apart buildings, rather than just flail aimlessly around.

Second favorite is probably Shadow, since even though it's easy, it's fun to play. And then Silver. I'm not too keen on Metal Sonic's fight or Death Egg Robot's... and Egg Dragoon I don't often play, not sure why. o_O

EDIT: YES. I did notice the glitchiness in Shadow's fight! I once turned around during his attack phase and let him go on without me so I could explore, then found him completely stuck at the end of the platform, unable to move. xD I got him down to 0 rings by homing attacking him, but then he went invincible. Welp!

Edited by Dr.Zoidberg

Shadow's boss fight. The sheer intensity of how badly the bastard gets owned brings a tear to my eye. ...but as an actually boss fight I'd have to say Silver as the mechanics were brilliant and hitting him was very, very satisfying.

Edited by The Batman
  • Thumbs Up 2

Big Arm from the 3DS, if only for the badass remix by Cash Cash, HD I'm gonna say Shadow, it felt great taking him on again, just wish the Arena was bigger and more diverse than a simple lap around part of the ARK.

A special place in my heart for Metal Sonic too, he looked menacing but at the end of the day he was reduced to a chase battle which ultimately made him suck.

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter

Egg Dragoon is probably the most satisfying, as it is the only boss that feels at all challenging; even if its length makes it pretty repetitive. The ones I go back to the most though are Shadow and Perfect Chaos, mainly because I love the former's location and generally for nostalgia.

For boss I'll have to pick Egg Dragoon. A very diverse battle, it's fast, hard and has great music. And I always think Eggman boss fights are much more menacing and fitting. Perfect Chaos is a close second, tho.

For rival battle, I'll have to pick Metal Sonic because I'm lesbian with the Stardust Speedway bad future remix tongue.png And Metal Sonic is my favorite non-Eggman villain, soooo. But Silver rival battle is great too, especially if you change the music to His World.

Edited by Jango

I would pick the Shadow boss fight. It improves on SA2's version in just about every way. The music track for the boss (which was excellent in the original) is an awesome remix, which really suits the atmosphere of the Generations fight. I like the layout of the level which moves left and right, whereas it is just dead straight in SA2. It's a boss fight that makes the boost gimmick look cool.

Edited by Nightwing

I think Egg Dragoon is the best, he's the only boss that can take a beating and dish one out, it takes like 15 hits to take it down unlike the other pussy bosses that go down after 3-5 hits. On hard mode, he felt like the hardest boss in the whole series, but now he's pretty easy and that honor goes back to biolizard.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll have to say Egg Dragoon myself.

Egg Dragoon got an upgrade from the last game and you finally get to fight it as regular Sonic. Its pretty fast paced and there's plenty of action going on. Not to mention you get to hit Robotnik's robot in the PINGAS!

As for the others Death Egg Robot was ok, it didn't had the feel of the original since it was mostly slapping the boss' hand in the cookie jar. Metal Sonic was a nice reconstruction of the fight. Perfect Chaos was ok, it had more platforming due to platforms coming out of nowhere than the original and it does make me wanna shout out bullshit despite Sonic getting stronger. Shadow felt more like a race than a boss fight. And Silver was a major improvement especially since he wasn't doing his constant psychic grab bullshit and used his psychic powers more productively.

So yeah. Improved Egg Dragoon gets my vote. What a nice change of pace.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how Egg Dragoon fight is made, it's pure Robotnik vs. Sonic thing and that music!
I also like Metal Sonic fight, and Shadow's.

Perfect Chaos, no doubt. I love how it's kinda of like a level, but you play it while fighting a boss.

Metal Sonic, as well. It just feels so​ satisfying to hit him.

Edited by thapoint09 (temp)

It's a toss up between the Egg Dragon and Shadow. Although with the Shadow boss fight, it did take me about twenty minutes to figure out how to beat him. Yes, I'm slow.

I really enjoyed the Egg Dragoon boss fight the most. So much fun. Perfect Chaos is really close. The rival fights are awesome too but I am totally disappointed with the Time Eater though. Totally had high expectations for this to come out something really epic. 

Even though the Modern levels are my least favourite ones, the two bosses for that area are definitely my favourites. Silver for being one of the most interesting and varied versus character type boss fights in the series (which I approve of since his first boss incarnation was the absolute worst versus character type boss in the series), and Egg Dragoon for having a moving weak point that changes the recommended strategy with each circuit (I admit I wasted a lot of time grinding on the upper rails when his weak point was at the bottom and I could've just boosted straight into him), and for being the boss that does the best job of testing the skills you've built up through the game proper.

I’ve always been a sucker for the vs. character boss fights, so I greatly enjoyed the rival battles, even if they were a tad too far on the easy side for my liking. The Shadow boss battle was rather exhilarating, and I can see why it gets so much love. As far as boosting goes, that was the boss battle concept we’ve all been waiting for.

Despite that, hands down I think the best boss in the game was the throw down with Silver. I think that one was the best representation of the strengths of both characters (Silver and Sonic). It also had the largest hole to crawl out of (looking at you ‘06) so the end result was that much more of a surprise.

I thought the boss battle was put together in a pretty cleaver way. Having to use Silver’s projectiles to get to him made for an energetic and fast paced fight that was both cinematic and climactic. His pinch move has to be one of my favorite in the series so far. Plus getting buried under his own trash heap was a nice touch. Epic death for an epic move.

So yeah, I drool over that Shadow boss battle just as much as everyone else, but I got mad respect for Silver’s entry.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

For me, it's probably Metal Sonic or Shadow.

Although the Metal Sonic chase is blatantly because I recently realised I freakin' love Sonic CD! :D That roundhouse kick at the end is just glorious! :D

Shadow is a fun chase, but I had bought SA2 on Steam a few weeks before getting Generations, so it did feel very similar to me. This version was a lot more fun though, I loved smacking into the asteroids and kicking his ass that way.

I have to say I was a little underwhelmed by the Death Egg robot. Probably because that boss was so epic for me back in '92 that I doubt it would be possible to recreate the feelings I had when I finally figured out the silver Sonic's pattern of attack, the O.o at seeing the robot rise out of the floor and the elation when I finally beat that boss and got the neat end game sequence. :B

I'm gonna have to say silver and the egg dragoon. They both to me provided the most challenge out of them all. Silver was just a great lovely surprises. I was just lovin the way he used his powers and made it feel like a true sonic rival battle. Egg dragoon provided lot of different moves providing challenge. I honestly don't see the glitches people talk about in this boss. I still deep down kind of wish that Classic sonic could have fought silver. I could just see it working. So much they could have done design wise. I also have to shout out to perfect chos. I'll take that version over the SA one any day. It's got so much more to do in this one.

Metal Sonic is a great first boss even if he is on the easy side.  Just really satisfying with really great music.  I also love Perfect Chaos for basically being a dramatic, ever-changing level.

Big Arm is great too, if tragically short for the remix involved.

Silver is great too, though I admit the reused graphics from Crisis City do make it feel a bit bland somehow.

And yeah I'll agree that Egg Dragoon was great simply on the basis of being a better "final exam" boss than the Time Eater was.

My vote goes to Egg Dragoon as it's the most challenging boss in the game. Indeed it's pretty much the only one that feels challenging. And it looks epic! That's how Eggman's creations should look like!

Perfect Chaos looks super epic and the music is awesome! The attacks of the boss are cool looking but the whole fight is just too easy and short. Same goes for Silver fight.

I don't really like Death Egg robot. It's way too easy and it's design is the worst (my personal favorite design of the boss is from Sonic 4 Episode 1). Metal Sonic is okay but too easy as well.. And Shadow isn't even a boss. It's just a race though a nice one.

Don't even want to touch Time eater (though I love the music of the battle!)

I'd say Perfect Chaos, but its offensive is just soo...eh. In comparison to Sonic Adventure, attacks like the tornadoes or the laser things aren't nearly as effective, and it's kinda disappointing. Despite that, it's pretty fun to run through. Despite being just a race, I find myself constantly returning to the Shadow boss battle. I like mixing things up a bit with this one, boosting or not boosting, allowing Shadow to get his chaos power thing charged, etc. I also love Silver and Egg Dragoon boss fights, and I personally find them to be one of the best parts of the game. Silver's boss fight is pretty fun, depsite the chase nature of it. Egg Dragoon gives me that challenge I was looking all over for in this game (not like Planet Wisp), and going through it and defeating the boss is immensely satisfying. Metal Sonic is sweet but short, and I personally find it to be okay. Death Egg though...I love the music and the stuff around the boss, but I find the actual fight (especially the second half) to be incredibly meh.

Edited by Burnt Ash

Silver, because I love beating the crap out of him and he has my favorite boss music in the game.

The way you defeat him is absolutely brutal. You crush him under piles of cars and concrete. He should be dead. Very dead.