Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I'm guessing a sidescrolling game in vein of Sketchhog really. It could hardly be anything else.

Ha, even with the edit they made it still says projects when referring to one game: "building on the success of their first projects on iOS - Sonic Jump –". SEGA, why are you the king of leaks? Lucky I randomly decided to go on Twitter when I did and saw the SEGA Jobs tweets. They were pretty quick editing that out. Only took them about 40 minutes.

Ha, even with the edit they made it still says projects when referring to one game: "building on the success of their first projects on iOS - Sonic Jump –". SEGA, why are you the king of leaks? Lucky I randomly decided to go on Twitter when I did and saw the SEGA Jobs tweets. They were pretty quick editing that out. Only took them about 40 minutes.

Unfortunately, they weren't quite quick enough. I look forward to an official announcement now. I hope it's not far off.

Sounds... Intriguing. I'd prefer something like we haven't had on mobile devices before, like a 3D platformer. But I just hope the do and Android version AND RELEASE IT AT THE SAME TIME AS IOS!

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately, they weren't quite quick enough. I look forward to an official announcement now. I hope it's not far off.

Shouldn't be far off. The job ad implies it's already finished and awaiting release. I wonder if their other projects mentioned are going to be Sonic titles, too. 

While it will most likely be 2D side scroller, a part of me wishes it was full on 3D in the style of the storybook titles (or yes, Temple Run) with graphics that matched Sonic 4 Episode 2's special stage. 

Lookie that, a new Sonic game kinda! Not the news I was hoping for this month, but this is the next best thing, so it'll do.

If Sonic Dash is anything like Rayman Jungle Run, instabuy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god I seriously don't hope that SEGA considers this as their "big" main series Sonic game for this year........................................I don't want Sonic doomed to iOS forever........................but hopefully we still have a main series console game coming sometime soon and I can appreciate this for what it is. 

Oh god I seriously don't hope that SEGA considers this as their "big" main series Sonic game for this year........................................I don't want Sonic doomed to iOS forever........................but hopefully we still have a main series console game coming sometime soon and I can appreciate this for what it is. 

Really doubtful, this is just one of the "many digital games" of this year. The big one will be boxed as always.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeeeeeeeeeeey.

Uh, I mean... *cough* well, that'd be nice if t'were true. *folds arms*

I actually really like Sonic Jump. I think the old nostalgy Badniks, Badnik-popping noise and stuff appeals to an old codger like me. :B If this so called Sonic Dash is in a similar vein, I'd be all over it! :D

So, a Sonic endless runner?

Bravo. Perfect fit. The genre just screams "Sonic".

Edited by Cola

Wait...Sonic Dash... What's another famous fast animal? Rainbow Dash. With a Sonic Boom ability....MLP AN SONIC CROSSOVER CONFIRMED!

Edited by Aqua
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting.. Sonic Dash, you say? Ready to see what this is about. Calling an advanced Sketchhog or a Temple Run knockoff. :v

What? Temple Run... knockoff!? NO! That stupid game ripped off Sonic. Look at the power ups even! There's also other clones that even use the Quick Step mechanic! If Sonic does a simple run and dodge game it won't be ripping off Temple Fail, it will be a simplified version of Sonic Rush/Unleashed.

Wait...Sonic Dash... What's another famous fast animal? Rainbow Dash. With a Sonic Boom ability....MLP AN SONIC CROSSOVER CONFIRMED!

Please no 
Edited by Exblend

Since they brought back Sonic Jump, an old mobile game, I wonder if this will be a new version of that other old mobile game Sonic 2 Dash.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since they brought back Sonic Jump, an old mobile game, I wonder if this will be a new version of that other old mobile game Sonic 2 Dash.
Sonic 2 Dash is just a port of Sonic 2. No reason to rerelease that when S2 is already available for iOS.
  • Thumbs Up 2