Awoo.

Shovel Knight [PC/3DS/Wii U]

Meow

I get being disappointed in missing out on a feature, but every version of the game is going to end up with a fuckload of extra content, they're hardly ignoring the other versions.

• Thumbs Up 8

I have the PS3 version. Also, seriously, do you really believe, or anyone that isn't a GoW fanboy, a boss battle with Kratos over co-op mode is a fair trade? I find it ri-di-cu-lous-ly. This is Capcom level of dickery. Close we are to the day where we'll have to pay extra to play with a friend, even offline.

I have the PS3 version. Also, seriously, do you really believe, or anyone that isn't a GoW fanboy, a boss battle with Kratos over co-op mode is a fair trade? I find it ri-di-cu-lous-ly. This is Capcom level of dickery. Close we are to the day where we'll have to pay extra to play with a friend, even offline.

Idk the only thing that Nintendo got before the whole amiibo thing is the game releasing first on Wii U and 3DS and that's it. On the other hand, the other versions have some cool extra stuff (such of a cameo boss battle that give you really fantastic gear). Co Op doesn't really matter for me but I would say it's a fair apologize for people who only own Nintendo consoles. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Idk the only thing that Nintendo got before the whole amiibo thing is the game releasing first on Wii U and 3DS and that's it. On the other hand, the other versions have some cool extra stuff (such of a cameo boss battle that give you really fantastic gear). Co Op doesn't really matter for me but I would say it's a fair apologize for people who only own Nintendo consoles. 

Plus not to mention that this something that people are paying for whereas the extra content that the PS/Xbox got were free. 

I get being disappointed in missing out on a feature, but every version of the game is going to end up with a fuckload of extra content, they're hardly ignoring the other versions.

It's like Rayman 2 all over again, lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

As someone who will probably never play co-op, I'd rather have an extra boss battle and a unique armor/fighting style. And I don't even give a fuck about Kratos.

And again, acting as if they don't "give a fuck" about your version when they're still working on 3 new characters with their own campaigns and misc other modes for everyone for free is unwarranted. You'll be hurting yourself for ditching the game over this one gimmick when there's still a ton of cool content in the future.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm annoyed because the amiibo is most certainly going to be facing stock shortages and would take several months to find its way back onto shelves. I'd buy this anyway, it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth that something as big as co-op is locked behind a sure-to-be rare toy rather than being released as its own update.

Edited by Sean

@Diogenes You don't get the point. I made a critic to the industry, as it is wrong that something as trivial as a 2-players mode is exclusive to a single console, let alone demand people to buy an expensive toy just to unlock it. Maybe you have money left to buy it, or maybe you simply don't care, but I do, I don't swallow this kind of devs behavior, as it seems to be a coup. Yatch Club is making new content and for free? Cool, I think is nice of them. But most of it is locked inside a toy that's as expensive as the full game, as some people here have said. I guess I don't have to explain more, you're smart. Also, a co-op mode, especially if online, increases the game's longevity hours and hours. A boss battle? 10 minutes. BTW, Kratos armour is shit and takes away the bouncing mechanic... It's not a cool armour nor is fun, so don't compare lol I'm not angry, I'm disappointed, and even sad about the U owners that have their extra content locked to a toy that after the first use, will get dust in a shelf. But go ahead and buy it anyway, it's your life and money anyways. Like I said, I don't support this kind of devs behavior. Soon they'll be able to start charging people to save and load a game, and they'll find OK.

Well apparently the Shovel Knight amiibo will be produced in a separate factory, so we'll see if they'll have better quantities than the Nintendo amiibo.

From what I've heard, they're producing it solo, so they don't have to decide which Amiibo to produce like Nintendo do, and its going to have a massive number produced.

A physical CD soundtrack exists apparently, which I didn't know of until yesterday. I bought a copy of it at PAX for 15 dollars. I couldn't find any place to purchase it online (VGMdb claims it's Kickstarter backstock and was also sold at PAX 2014), so it looks like these retail versions will be the first time they'll be available to the general public. Neat.

I also saw the amiibo there on display, it looks fairly well made. Hopefully there won't be any trouble finding one when it releases.

• Thumbs Up 1

Release date confirmed: Plague of Shadows is out on September 17th on all supported platforms in all supported regions.  That's a week tomorrow.

plagueDay2-630x427.png

*throws all other games into the furnace*

• Thumbs Up 4

I think Nintendo didn't want Shovel Knight to fight Link, and have a Fairy do the talking for Link, as he is silent. They could've outsourced, and gave us a Shantae Boss Battle, between her first, then Risky Boots, and her Oceanic Tinker Tub, Mark III!

Plague of Shadows looks amazing and I'm really excited that it has a release date now. 

As for why there isn't a special boss fight in the Wii U/3DS version: It was mentioned that Nintendo wanted Shovel Knight to stand out on their platforms. That, and it's no secret that they're pretty protective of their IP's and characters. 

They could've outsourced, and gave us a Shantae Boss Battle, between her first, then Risky Boots, and her Oceanic Tinker Tub, Mark III!

Still hoping for a potential crossover between Shovel Knight and Shantae.

The Plague of Shadows update is out!

plague_of_shadows_out.png

I've been playing around mainly in the Plains.  Plague Knight is very hard to get used to... but it's starting to make sense.  I'm sure it's no coincidence that the first alternative Burst you can buy is the very forgiving Float Burst, and I recommend it.

Plague takes some time to get used to but I'm really enjoying the versatility that he has with so many different components. I was a bit worried that the game would get bogged down in switching bits around, but it keeps a pretty good pace while still encouraging you to change up your bombs as needed.

Also

Shovel Knight is a fuckin cheat he's not supposed to be able to have the horn yet >:(

E: ahaha, wow, this is great.

Plague can get the ability to dance from the Trouple King. You can dance almost anywhere by holding down.

...but not in the same room as Mona. If you try, he just acts embarrassed.

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is not available on PS3. Called it. The ass kissing of exclusive consoles in this generation of gaming is ridiculous. Edit: Well fuck me, my game started without asking for any update. I reinstalled it and worked...

Is not available on PS3. Called it. The ass kissing of exclusive consoles in this generation of gaming is ridiculous.

It is. It's in an update. It released on all Sony platforms yesterday, I updated the PS4 version and Plague of Shadows was there.

It depends on what consoles you have, really, but Yacht Club Games really seems to try and give them all something special.

I haven't had much chance to play Plague Of Shadows yet, but I notice I'm down one Cipher Coin in both King Knight's stage and the new Forest of Fishing.  I haven't checked over the former yet, but I've done multiple runs through the Forest of Fishing and I still can't find the one I'm missing.  Perhaps there's some hidden wall niche I've overlooked, but I have been looking around.

It depends on what consoles you have, really, but Yacht Club Games really seems to try and give them all something special.

I haven't had much chance to play Plague Of Shadows yet, but I notice I'm down one Cipher Coin in both King Knight's stage and the new Forest of Fishing.  I haven't checked over the former yet, but I've done multiple runs through the Forest of Fishing and I still can't find the one I'm missing.  Perhaps there's some hidden wall niche I've overlooked, but I have been looking around.

Wow... I never even knew you could check what was missing in each stage. After reading your comment, I pressed several buttons and realized I could check it by clicking "Select". Now that's helpful.

Try

walking left in the beginning.
I was missing one too. 

Anyway, the game is amazing. Plague Knight is so much fun: Jump, burst, double jump, burst, throw, burst. Fly around all day. 

Wow... I never even knew you could check what was missing in each stage. After reading your comment, I pressed several buttons and realized I could check it by clicking "Select". Now that's helpful.

Yeah, it took me until this update to realize that too. I felt dumb. 

Edited by Captain Fun
  • Thumbs Up 1