Awoo.

Saints Row IV

Carbo

I'm currently not sure how I feel about this. I like Saints Row but... I don't know, something about this has me kind of eh...

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, it's a shame I've never played the first 3. But seeing this.. I'm kind of sorely tempted. Just... what? I know the series is considered a more zany Grand Theft Auto, but the levels of batshit are off the chart here.

I think I'll get it. I need a break from Rockstar's fetish for hyperrealism.

• Thumbs Up 2

And here I was thinking that this game would have dialed back the crazy...

Looks like it's gonna be the last game though; not much you can do once you've blown the "Alien Invasion/going to space" load.

Edited by FourCartridge

And here I was thinking that this game would have dialed back the crazy...

Looks like it's gonna be the last game though; not much you can do one you've blown the "Alien Invasion/going to space" load.

Yeah, it'll be kind of hard to top this. This series jumping the shark in a tasteful way that's for the art and not just a cash cow being milked dry. Will be the end of an era...

Until we get Super Saints Row Galaxy anyway.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I just, I don't know, I've watched the trailer, and I don't know how to feel about it. Just what the fuck is this game. Wait... now I remember, they did cancel some expansion to turn it into 4, so its all making sense now... or lack of sense... or some sense... whatever, its Saints Row, fuck logic.

Edited by Jetstream Sam

tumblr_lydigiOuvX1qajgzpo1_500.gif

I want whatever these programmers are taking...

I also want this game since I loved the Saint's Row series. Definitely one of my favorite open world franchises with it's "Have fun. Go apeshit!" approach to the formula. Curious to see how all this mayhem will work with whatever looney story they have cooking up for this game.

Sayonara, sanity! Hello ecstasy, marinjuana, RED BULL, Saint's Row IV!

Edited by YoshiUnity Never Dies!

That was quick and unexpected. I admit I think this one looks even more crazy I guess they weren't fucking kidding about Gangsters in Space.

I just hope there is still some Gangster style elements in it and not just wall to wall insanity  I miss the balance of the second game but I guess we have gone way beyond that I mean how can you top a military unit with a Skybase task to take down Gangsters?blink.png

Still going to get it but is it wise to release it so close to GTA V? Seeing as that will probably stomp it in sales and no doubt the press will want to compare them and make them look like their competing with each other?

• Thumbs Up 1

Before it gets eclipsed! tongue.png

...Niiiice.

===

I think the month difference will really help out, as Carbo stated.

Though I'm amazed they're not more open about wanting to compete, given that they once said "We make Grand Theft Auto Grand Theft Auto," subtly bashing how GTA's going down the realistic path whereas Saints Row is remaining loony and ridiculous.

I just can't wait until you have to stop for traffic lights or get the cops after you in GTA V! Screw that, I'm gonna play Gangsters in Space. This game just looks like it's going to be deliciously ridiculous, and I've always kind of wanted to get some of the series.

Same general idea, but very different approaches. They're kind of meant to be rivals.

• Thumbs Up 2

It doesn't look too different from the last one apart from more crazy type stuff. I hope its not all ray guns and aliens. I hope there is still gangs to fight and more "realistic" weapons to balance it a bit.

Will it be in Steelport again or Stillwater again or a new City? Also which ending do you think they will go with? smile.png  

I never played Saint Rows 3 and i was told i should buy the third, but after seeing this, and its release date not sure what to do xD
i might get Saint rows the third since its cheap, but then again this game looks like and upgrade, but not sure if i should pay full price for this, when i can get Saint rows the third (complete edition with the DLC) for around 20-30$ :P
hard choice, also people are complaining how this looks like saint rows 3.5, last i checked this was actually suppose to be a DLC not a new game so i hope people realize that soon :P

They had me at "outrun enemies and use telekinesis," but after seeing that trailer I can officially say that I inexplicably need this game. Also for those of you watching it embedded here on SSMB (and yes, if you go full screen from the embedded video it will still work,) there should be a speed option under settings that's side-by-side with where you change the resolution at. I found it twice as trippy being watched at quarter speed or double speed.

You know I just thought about something.

Whenever aliens are involved you only usually see their armies and governments. But logically if they have economies and sentience they probably have crime syndicates too...

Alien gangsters. Gang Wars that are no longer confined to one city, but now encompass entire galaxies.

I'm liking where this is going!

Romeo + Juliet's gonna have nothing on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is just Saints Row The Third: Enter the Dominatrix, spun off into a full retail title.

I'm not at all complaining, because it looks great and it will be a perfect companion to GTAV's hyper-realism, but yeah. Aside from the new blub about being the President of the US, this is the same as the expandalone title that was announced about a year ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

PC and current-gen consoles

incidentally confirmed for not WiiU

I'm not sure what I was expecting (it was this) but watch them come out and say WiiU isn't next gen at a later date. Hypocrites of convenience everywhere.

sr_1wmu50.jpg

sr_2hnuga.jpg

I don't... don't know.

I liked the third one... at least I think I did, I don't remember much about it other than I made my character look like the joker... *suddenly remembers he reviewed the third one* Oh here we are... oh now it's coming back.

Yeah now I think I know why I'm not too excited. it looks wacky and totally out there, but as the third one showed, just because it's wacky doesn't mean it's immune from those age old problems.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wouldn't even call it wacky at this point. Would only call it sci-fi batshit insane.

It's basically Crackdown in Saints Row except you're the president fighting against aliens. Lord knows I thought Saints Row 3 was too much but with this I can't say I mind a single bit; not after I'll be able to run and jump across five story buildings while raining death from above.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't even call it wacky at this point. Would only call it sci-fi batshit insane.

It's basically Crackdown in Saints Row except you're the president fighting against aliens. Lord knows I thought Saints Row 3 was too much but with this I can't say I mind a single bit; not after I'll be able to run and jump across five story buildings while raining death from above.

Kinda hoping they make a crackdown 3 to be honest, I love those games.

sr_1wmu50.jpg

sr_2hnuga.jpg

Why am I having flashbacks to Deus Ex? Specifically Human Revolution. Combined with the Matrix.

Anyways, I liked (note not love) Saints Row the Third but I do felt like the over the top stuff was more forced than anything. I'm glad its finally found its identity among the few GTA clones and its a nice change of pace compared to the rest of them due to it being rather silly. But again it just feels forced.

I'm wondering what they're gonna do for this game though. Not that the Saints have nowhere to go but up I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

sr_1wmu50.jpg

Actually... you know what this reminds me of? And if they don't include it in the game, they've really missed a trick...

Spotted it yet? Heres a clue...

Not that specific line, but the actual scene from the movie when they enter the bank. I know you could also claim Batman and Robin, but for some reason it just reminds me so much of that scene from Suburban Commando.

• Thumbs Up 2