Awoo.

TimeSplitters Rewind - PC-only HD update of the series' multiplayer

Patticus

Does that mean you never experienced the amazingness that is co-oping TimeSplitters Future Perfect's Assault Mode against bots with a friend? D:

Mars Prison Assault man... Heck, even Training Ground is good too, but ya gotta do it with a friend who knows what he/she's doing. tongue.png

Oh I know very well the joys of Assault mode.  My friends and I used to have a blast on that.  I'm just saying I played it alone more often than not so I'd love to have a timeless PC version of those modes too.

To be honest I actually spent the majority of my time making elaborate single player campaigns on MapMaker but I'd have been surprised if that returned even in a full blown remake.

Ah yes how I enjoyed Timesplitters, the 2nd game on the Gamecube was my entry into the FPS games.

Such a crazy assortment of characters, from Aliens, to Zombies, to mutants, cyborgs, mobsters, ducks, gingerbread men, golems and all those little Monkey's.

Good times

Also can't forget the music in these games to, who doesn't love Scrapyard?

I love Scrapyard, I like Industrial Tileset... But Mexican Mission es mi casa, amigos!

Anyway, I too, am a bit bummed about there still being no single-player, but dammit -- I haven't played Timesplitters in so long, so I'll do just fine in a multi-player only romp. Shoot I remember putting tons of hours into them alone after I finished the campaigns. The TimeSplitter series was one of the few FPS games that I actually didn't mind playing against bots. So, I'm definitely getting this.

Also. Cyborg Chimp. All day, Everyday.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Oh, yes, the beautiful array of outstanding scores is a sadly-overlooked feature in these games.  I'm quite partial to the main theme from the Siberia level, which is both calming and unsettling.  It fits ever so perfectly into the scenario of a stealth mission in a snowy military base overrun with guards around every corner and snipers who will make your life absolutely miserable if you can't locate them fast enough.

I also love the training grounds music.  I love the somber, yet patriotic sound.  It blends well not only within the level itself, but very much into the Assault game mode.  That was always my favorite game mode, because it felt like you were working together to achieve a common goal as opposed to just killing each other.  It was less about who could kill the most people as much as who can hold their fort long enough to keep the other team from fulfilling their goal.

I think my favorite, just for nostalgia sake, would have to be the Chinese Restaurant level from the first game...

That has to be the map I played the most on this game.  It was just loads of fun.  Also, I liked shooting gongs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget Mansion of Madness and the Hotel from 3, shoot these games got a lot of goofy moments and characters, but the Zombies, and the Zombie levels always scare the hell out of me.

Show of hands, who here beaten the god-damn Atom Smasher on Hard in Timesplitters 2, cause I seriously HATED that level with a pain.

Don't forget Mansion of Madness and the Hotel from 3, shoot these games got a lot of goofy moments and characters, but the Zombies, and the Zombie levels always scare the hell out of me.

Show of hands, who here beaten the god-damn Atom Smasher on Hard in Timesplitters 2, cause I seriously HATED that level with a pain.

I did... once. And I NEVER attempted it again. It wasn't event a satisfying victory, I was just glad to be done with it after an umpteen amount of attempts.

Any luck on XBO though? love for me and my brother to try this out. if not I guess I could get a PC version but it wouldn't be the same. sad.png

Glad its coming to Wii-U! Belongs with nintendo as much as any other console.

Any luck on XBO though? love for me and my brother to try this out. if not I guess I could get a PC version but it wouldn't be the same. sad.png

They said Microsoft are a pain and expensive to work with, so they're not really putting any attention into it now.

Though I have yet to get a Wii U, as one of the developers said, "the more the merrier."  Plus, if I manage to get a Wii U before I get an awesome gaming rig, then I can just buy that version, assuming they don't water it down too much.