Awoo.

Final Fantasy XV [Formerly Versus XIII] (Xbox One, PS4)

Detective Shadzter

Sick of waiting for updates on Final Fantasy Versus XIII? So was a naughty press person. Someone recorded some footage of a trailer for the game shown to press behind closed doors at TGS. Square-Enix have got the footage taken down at YouTube, but fortunately CVG are still showing it in their own video player.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=265195

I'm super excited for Versus, but it's sickening to see how S-E doesn't miss a chance to fuck over their fans (and development teams).

Saved the video on my computer in case they make CVG remove it.

Not gonna get too excited about this game until I get a solid release frame. Tired of Squeenix stringing me along.

Looking forward to it though. It'll most likely have to be my KHIII substitute since it doesn't look like that game's coming out this gen.

Not gonna get too excited about this game until I get a solid release frame. Tired of Squeenix stringing me along.

Looking forward to it though. It'll most likely have to be my KHIII substitute since it doesn't look like that game's coming out this gen.

I think I will have grandkids before they even start working on FF7.

So I'm confused and I need somebody to clear it up for me. Is this what FF13 was supposed to be?

I think I will have grandkids before they even start working on FF7.

So I'm confused and I need somebody to clear it up for me. Is this what FF13 was supposed to be?

That's what the fanboys say, I see them as two different games. I personally believe FFXIII was going to turn out that way regardless of whether or not it jumped to the xbox 360. I just hope Versus is going to be good, FFXIII was a bad choice as a first Final Fantasy...

And as for a Kingdom Hearts 3... I wouldn't hold my breath, we'll probably see that when PS4 comes out...

I did not mean it in a fanboy way or anyway dealing with consoles. It's just seems more legit. I mean Nomura has his finger prints all over this one. All Nomura did in FF13 was character design. I am not saying that a FF game has to have Nomura, but considering that he is really involved with the franchise, to see him barely with FF13 and all over Versus...it is just kind of odd.

Versus is an Action RPG from the KH team with a pseudo-contemporary setting. It got announced at the same time as FFXIII way back then and only shares a few mythological "concepts" with mainline XIII. Sort of how there's always Chocobos, Behemoths and a guy named Cid dealing with airships in every FF. Nomura's all over it because it's his pet project.

And yeah, Nomura's group is the best S-E team. No big surprise it looks so appealing.

• 4 months later...

New Footage!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-gameplay-final-fantasy/709809#comments_top

Just... JUST LOOK AT IT! LOOK. AT. IT!

I... I can't even explain what I just saw! That was so epic, it gave me a headache!

1. Get PS3

2. Wait patiently, impatiently, for it to come over here...

3. Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Edited by YoshiUnity for Mayor!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...

For a moment I thought the gameplay was going to be similar to FF13's autoplay, but it looks more like Kingdom Hearts instead.

Graphics are orgasmic, as usual...not exactly too impressed overall.

Entire first half looked dull as fuck and heavy on bleach. Its like there's no life in there.

The gameplay and combat, what I looked forward in seeing, looks pretty sparse and light-weight. Doesn't look nearly as heavy as Kingdom Hearts.

Consider me cautiosly skeptic for now. I'll wait until a hopefully much better trailer since this looks more like something I'd expect from a movie, but since I've never been too impressed with what Squeenix delivers with them either way, I'm not going to get my hopes up. I really want to see more of the combat.

Edited by Carbo

I'm going to be optimistic and that those are the beginning stages of the game. Look at Noctis HP. The crazy awesome in the game isn't accessible until later levels...just like both Kingdom Hearts games.

Translation courtesy of ff-xii.net

Driver: Prince Noctis. (Several times)

Driver: That over there's intense isn't it?

Noctis: It's just like an occupation.

(Tool booth says that it's closed, but they get to go through anyway since he's a prince.)

Noctis: Goodbye, whoever you are.

Lady: You see the light too, right Noctis?

Lady: So do I.

Lady: When the goddess Etro opens the gates to welcome the souls of the fallen, the dazzling light that lights up the land of the dead leaks out into the heaven.

Lady: Sometimes there are those that can see the light. These people are gifted with powers from the land of the dead.

Lady: Did you receive any powers Noctis?

Noctis: I don't know about Etro's light or whatever, but I don't like seeing that.

Lady: But why... why are there people who can see it and people who can't, I wonder?

Lady: I believe that there is some special meaning to it, and I've been thinking about it for a long time.

Noctis: A meaning with.. seeing the light?

Lady: Yes. For example maybe there is something I must do or accomplish?

King: I see, so you are just using it?

King: However, I'm sorry to say that you can not become king.

King: I will not turn over the throne to anyone.

King: I will go down in history as the last king

Noctis: Ignis, how was it?

Ignis: L'cie(?) were continuing as if nothing happened. They continue to thrive together with the crystal.

Ignis: I believe that this is the best way it could end for the Niflheim side. (There's some word that sounds like like Hanawa.. but I don't think it fits in. Might be referring to some in-game thing that I/we don't know anything about.

Noctis: That means we will do a full assault and recapture the crystal, right?

Ignis: No, look at it realistically Noct.

Noctis: You saw my strength, didn't you!?

Gladiolus: We saw it, but your body isn't used to your new power yet. I must be tough right now.

Ignis: You're going to need time.

Grumpy: Let's go!

Noctis: Why should I, the strongest of us all, run away?

Ignis: When you're here the number of victims will increase.

Noctis: Why!?

Ignis: You're their target. They probably want to take you hostage and use that advantage in negotiations.

Noctis: Negotiations? At this stage?

Noctis: I'll just beat them all.

Ignis: Noct, I'm sorry but you're just not strong enough.

Noctis: WTF!?

(DRAGOON! HELLZ YEAH!)

Ignis (I think): Do you have a plan? Something 10 times worse.

Noctis: I'm going to think of a way to return it hundredfold.

• 1 year later...

Over a year later bump...

http://kotaku.com/5927645/rumor-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-is-dead

Not that I care (because I rather have XIII-3 then this) but Versus XIII looks like it's dead. But we *should* know this by now. When was the last time we saw a proper Versus XIII trailer or gameplay?

On the good positive side of things, Versus XIII may become Final Fantasy XV.

Over a year later bump...

http://kotaku.com/59...us-xiii-is-dead

Not that I care (because I rather have XIII-3 then this) but Versus XIII looks like it's dead. But we *should* know this by now. When was the last time we saw a proper Versus XIII trailer or gameplay?

On the good positive side of things, Versus XIII may become Final Fantasy XV.

You're not the only one who's glad for this news. I, for one, love hearing Ali Hillis as Lightning. It'll be great to hear her again. Also, I love her as Lady Palutena. She's like my FAVORITE Voice Actress in gaming! And with Versus XIII cancelled, maybe we'll FINALLY see Kingdom Hearts III, where Master Sora can finally PURIFY Master Xehanort's Heart with the Light of Kingdom Hearts!

You guys are aware you're taking a Kotaku rumor as fact here, aren't you?

Kotaku.

Rumor.

Kotaku

Let that sink in.

So Kotaku has a bad reputation for spreading false information? Even though it's one of the most popular gaming websites today?

Kotaku actually has a decent rating for confirmed rumours.

Now, if you want to discuss how high they can go on the sensationalist tabloid posts list, now there's where the true stinkers pile up.

Edited by killemoff

Kotaku... Well, it's considered a complete joke by most intelligent gamers. As far as gaming journalism credibility goes, it's one of the worst.

Plot wise, it's pretty engaging at this point. I would hope they wouldn't just let it end where they left it end.

So Kotaku has a bad reputation for spreading false information? Even though it's one of the most popular gaming websites today?

And like many popular things, they got there by making a lot of shit. Kotaku is the Twilight of journalism, their sources can be usually found at the rear end of a bovine. If they get something right it's because they stole it off some other site.

Now, considering I've heard quite the opposite to what their rumor states from several actual reliable sources, I'm gonna say they're fishing for hits - nothing new for Kotaku, really. Fuck, if I'm not categorically stating that they're wrong is because sometimes the unexpected happens and the donkey plays the flute. I'm paranoid enough that a 1% chance will make me doubt.

This was the only Final Fantasy game I was excited for.

Also, isn't it a bit odd that they recently announced that to finish the game, they were going to sell it in DLC portions?

Edit: The recently released anniversary game had FF Versus 13 in it. Why would they include the game if it was canceled? Something here is DEFINITELY not right and I'm sure this is a flat out false rumor. I mean, it IS Kotaku. >.>

Edited by Autosaver

This was the only Final Fantasy game I was excited for.

Also, isn't it a bit odd that they recently announced that to finish the game, they were going to sell it in DLC portions?

Edit: The recently released anniversary game had FF Versus 13 in it. Why would they include the game if it was canceled? Something here is DEFINITELY not right and I'm sure this is a flat out false rumor. I mean, it IS Kotaku. >.>

To clarify: The DLC portion thing was just an april fools joke from a site i go to:

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2012/04/01/dear-internet.html

Also, the is already too far in development to be canceled. It wouldn't make sense from a financial point of view.

Kotaku is obviously trolling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well would ya look at that. Square shot themselves in the foot. Again.

I'm seriously tempted to just start buying Kingdom Hearts games used so as to not have to give them any of my money; I'm sick and tired of shit like this.

Also, the is already too far in development to be canceled. It wouldn't make sense from a financial point of view.

And we know this how?