Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

The controls were unbelievably stiff from what I remember. 

Well I'm playing the PS3 version so maybe that has something to do with it. Game still sucks though, even without the bad controls and camera it would still be underwhelming compared to previous games in the series. 

That's certainly impressive. You are clearly a god among us :D

When I first played 06 I used to get game overs in Wave Ocean, mainly on the mach-speed section.

Ah, but let's not forget the collective face palm around the world people must've gotten when they got game-overs only to discover the game's failure to auto-save.

Hey not trying to brag but I completed the ball puzzle in dusty desert first time, don't see what's so hard about it. 

Hey not trying to brag but I completed the ball puzzle in dusty desert first time, don't see what's so hard about it.

At your first trial? Well, the reasons why it's hard at least to me:

1. You have no indication where the ball is going to go: if you want to get the ball where you want it to go, you need to be perfect with Silver's hit place, otherwise the ball will go to wrong place.

2. Physics: beside having to be precise, it's just not easy to control the ball with games physics engine. And those crates which are suppose to help to prevent the ball going to wrong hole but they are next to useless. They can even sometimes get in your way.

3. Timer: you can only hit ball 9 times, that means you can't be really carefull because otherwise the timer runs out.

4. Timer's questionable effectiveness: what it really counts as a hit? It just seems sometimes to count a hit even if you didn't do anything and sometimes by hitting many thing in row, it can go like from 5 to 0.

Wow, that's a first. That was infuriating when I first played through the game. It's pretty much the only part of the game that is badly designed from the get-go in my opinion.

You deserve an award. 

• Thumbs Up 1

At your first trial? Well, the reasons why it's hard at least to me:

1. You have no indication where the ball is going to go: if you want to get the ball where you want it to go, you need to be perfect with Silver's hit place, otherwise the ball will go to wrong place.

2. Physics: beside having to be precise, it's just not easy to control the ball with games physics engine. And those crates which are suppose to help to prevent the ball going to wrong hole but they are next to useless. They can even sometimes get in your way.

3. Timer: you can only hit ball 9 times, that means you can't be really carefull because otherwise the timer runs out.

4. Timer's questionable effectiveness: what it really counts as a hit? It just seems sometimes to count a hit even if you didn't do anything and sometimes by hitting many thing in row, it can go like from 5 to 0.

Well I just hit it once and let it go in a straight line, it worked fine (albeit boring but still fine). 

Well I just hit it once and let it go in a straight line, it worked fine (albeit boring but still fine).

What you actually mean by "hit it one". If you mean that you just hit it once, that is just impossible

What you actually mean by "hit it one". If you mean that you just hit it once, that is just impossible

He's talking about the first hit that makes it slide all the way down the first part before the turn.

• Thumbs Up 1

For reference, charging your melee move actually makes the ball fly a lot further and faster if you're sick of watching it slowly crawl its way down that same hallway over and over. Of course, like a lot of things about the learning curve, there's really nothing ingame to indicate the physics system system works like that - in fact I've never actually seen it work like that anywhere else.

Also it kinda boggles the mind that Silver can't just telekinetically pick the ball up and carry it all the way to the goal, considering he can lift and throw entire cars with ease wherever they're available.

• Thumbs Up 1

For reference, charging your melee move actually makes the ball fly a lot further and faster if you're sick of watching it slowly crawl its way down that same hallway over and over. Of course, like a lot of things about the learning curve, there's really nothing ingame to indicate the physics system system works like that - in fact I've never actually seen it work like that anywhere else.

Also it kinda boggles the mind that Silver can't just telekinetically pick the ball up and carry it all the way to the goal, considering he can lift and throw entire cars with ease wherever they're available.

Uhhh, am I the only one who thinks that Omega's attack looks like a Nazi salute...? 

Uhhh, am I the only one who thinks that Omega's attack looks like a Nazi salute...? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Never heard this one before, but Omega's attack has always looked pretty strange at any rate. He suffered pretty badly from the '06 designs. From his robotic movements and voice killing his previously erratic personality  to his white "nose" and elongated head make him look strange, he was pretty difficult to take as the same character. But that said, I did like his relationship with Shadow and Rouge in the game.

Never heard this one before, but Omega's attack has always looked pretty strange at any rate. He suffered pretty badly from the '06 designs. From his robotic movements and voice killing his previously erratic personality  to his white "nose" and elongated head make him look strange, he was pretty difficult to take as the same character. But that said, I did like his relationship with Shadow and Rouge in the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

He's pretty much the same in personality and design though. The change of the color of his "nose" is just about as different as Sonic's green eyes, and doesn't even constitute the idea that he suffered badly from 06's design.

His design changes were subtle, and it took a while before I really noticed what had changed specifically. But from day one I certainly thought he looked peculiar.

So I want to tell a story and since this a topic dedicated to being negative about Sonic I'll tell it here.

When I was an early Teen I loved every Sonic game I played. I loved Big's fishing, I loved Secret rings bullshit, I loved Shadow the Hedgehog, I liked Meteor herd.

But I never, ever, fucking liked Sonic Heroes.

I don't care what anyone says, I'd much rather play 06 than Heroes. This broken mess piece of shit makes me want to rip my hair out.

So I want to tell a story and since this a topic dedicated to being negative about Sonic I'll tell it here.

When I was an early Teen I loved every Sonic game I played. I loved Big's fishing, I loved Secret rings bullshit, I loved Shadow the Hedgehog, I liked Meteor herd.

But I never, ever, fucking liked Sonic Heroes.

I don't care what anyone says, I'd much rather play 06 than Heroes. This broken mess piece of shit makes me want to rip my hair out.

'06 is objectively the more broken game. I'd even say Heroes has a lot more going for it.

But yep. For some reason I actually agree with this.

Omega's voice is terrible but he's one of the best characters to play as in the game for some reason so there is that. He's fast, he has a broken infinite hovering mechanic, and he has multiple attacks including fairly reliable ranged attacks, which is better treatment than most of the other Amigos besides maybe Blaze get.

Omega's voice is terrible but he's one of the best characters to play as in the game for some reason so there is that. He's fast, he has a broken infinite hovering mechanic, and he has multiple attacks including fairly reliable ranged attacks, which is better treatment than most of the other Amigos besides maybe Blaze get.

He's actually faster than Sonic. That's really stupid. 

He's actually faster than Sonic. That's really stupid. 

Not really sure what difference that makes since for the first 3 games (or later games like advance, and rush) in the series everyone ran at the same speed as Sonic

77735.gif Knuckles_run_fast.gif 

milestailsfox-lover.gif  knux_a_2.gif  [insert Amy running gif here because I could'nt find one]

[insert Blaze running gif here because I couldn't find one of her either =P ]

or even faster than Sonic

1343402400Robotnik_Running.GIF

with little to no response otherwise, so I don't really get the problem here :T

I just had some fun with this game, it was during Sonic's section in Silver's version of kingdom valley when jumping into some enemies, it's still not as fun as previous games... 

Omega's voice always bugged me in Sonic 06. It used to be so bad ass in Heroes and even ShtH (where it sounded very similar to Jon St. John, though it was someone else voicing him) but then they got Maddie Blaustein for 06 and I'm like...why? I mean she was a brilliant voice actress (RIP) but it didn't suit Omega AT ALL. It's like when 4Kids gave Gamma in Sonic X that awful high pitched robot voice. ><

• Thumbs Up 3

I think I know why they put the calming music in the end result screen, you're gonna after how pissed off you're gonna be by the end. 

Not really sure what difference that makes since for the first 3 games (or later games like advance, and rush) in the series everyone ran at the same speed as Sonic

Actually that's untrue. On the contrary, in all those cases, Sonic was still the fastest while the fellow main canon playable characters were notably slower, but with special abilities.