Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Looking at those screenshot again, this reminds me of something that's annoying me reguarding Sonic's model in this.

In those screenshot he actually looks decent despite his long limbs. But as soon as we go to the first demos, the model went back to a higher-poly version of Sonic's model in Adventure 2, where his face was butt-ugly, considering his questionnable eyebrows (When you see him from profile, he looks good, but when you're in front on him his face's like all squashed and he looks like he's angry as fuck) and centered mouth.

And that grin had to be in the final. Fotrunately Unleashed came in and Sonic finally looked good ingame (I still think the Heroes and DX model beat every other ones from the 128 bit era).

Also I'm still wondering if in that latest build you could jump into enemies. Afterall Sonic just crashed that wall without Homing attacking, unless you could do that in the final game.

I'm still baffled about that gameplay design. From the beginning jumping was an assurance. Here, none. Why? Just because you mostly use the HA to attack enemies in 3D doesn't mean you should scrap that other move!

Edited by Daya

Looking at those screenshot again, this reminds me of something that's annoying me reguarding Sonic's model in this.

In those screenshot he actually looks decent despite his long limbs. But as soon as we go to the first demos, the model went back to a higher-poly version of Sonic's model in Adventure 2, where his face was butt-ugly, considering his questionnable eyebrows (When you see him from profile, he looks good, but when you're in front on him his face's like all squashed and he looks like he's angry as fuck) and centered mouth.

And that grin had to be in the final. Fotrunately Unleashed came in and Sonic finally looked good ingame (I still think the Heroes and DX model beat every other ones from the 128 bit era).

Also I'm still wondering if in that latest build you could jump into enemies. Afterall Sonic just crashed that wall without Homing attacking, unless you could do that in the final game.

I'm still baffled about that gameplay design. From the beginning jumping was an assurance. Here, none. Why? Just because you mostly use the HA to attack enemies in 3D doesn't mean you should scrap that other move!

Actually, he only has that center-mouth in the cutscenes. If you see his model at large, you can see he has no mouth and he only has a very tiny side-smirk texture that's really hard to notice ingame.

In those screenshot he actually looks decent despite his long limbs. But as soon as we go to the first demos, the model went back to a higher-poly Also I'm still wondering if in that latest build you could jump into enemies. Afterall Sonic just crashed that wall without Homing attacking, unless you could do that in the final game.

Its most likely to be the case that they forgot to actually program it into the game...as this is the only Main series game that doesn't have the ATTACK part of the spin attack.

On that note. I'm still wondering how the hell did Sonic Team manages to model 2 mouths while only showing one. That or the mouth moves on Sonic's face, which is still highly questionnable from my experience with 3D models.

On that note. I'm still wondering how the hell did Sonic Team manages to model 2 mouths while only showing one. That or the mouth moves on Sonic's face, which is still highly questionnable from my experience with 3D models.

It's entirely possible to make the mouth move across the face; Unleashed and Generations do it so that whatever side of Sonic's mouth is closest will be facing the screen dead on, even when standing still in 3D and facing the camera, which can be slightly buggy when used with a close-up camera angle.

For 2006 though, they used an awkward method involving having an entirely separate face for cutscenes that gets swapped in place of the ingame one and allows for more... 'expressions', if you can even remotely call the 2006 models expressive.

For the 2006 model swap I think this is a traditionnal approach, where a higher poly model is used for cutscenes while during gameplay it is switched to a lower poly model to save memory. 

But nowadays it's not a problem anymore, you can just keep the same Hi-poly model for both cases.

Sorry for double-posting, but here's the Sonic Dissected chapter on 06:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JEHCmSEVx8

Don't except your typical rant about the game or its story. Rather it focuses on the difference between Western and Eastern culture and how it is represented in the structure of the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

My overal opinion on this game? Prepare for a tedious and long post...

Story

-Sonic's story: It was basically: save princess, princess gets kidnapped by Eggman while Sonic fights robots, save princess, Sonic meets Silver, Sonic and Silver fight, princess gets kidnapped while Sonic gets his butt kicked by Silver, Sonic attempts to save princess, Eggman tricks him and his friends and get sent to Crisis City, Sonic and co go back to past using chaos control, saves princess, princess gets kidnapped while Sonic once again gets his butt handed to him by Silver, Shadow saves Sonic, saves princess when she jumps off Egg Carrier, Eggman threatens city, princess turns herself to Eggman, Sonic fails to rescue princess, Sonic goes back in time, saves princess... cue creepy song featuring Akon.

To be honest... the princess was the ONLY thing that mattered in Sonic's story. Sonic himself didn't matter, which was sad since it was an anniversary game. He actually only mattered when he died. (Which I will get to that).

-Shadow's story: It was - save Rouge, come face to face with Eggman, Rouge drops scepter, Mephiles appears and appears in Shadow's form, Mephiles sends Shadow and Rouge to to future, runs into Omega on standby mode, meets Sonic, finds chaos emerald, fights Iblis, finds another chaos emerald, runs into Mephiles, Mephiles goes on a tangent on how Shadow was hated in the future and gets him to join him, Shadow refuses, Shadow fights Mephiles, Omega joins fight, Mephiles escapes into the present, Shadow interrogates Eggman about why he wants Mephiles, Shadow looks for Mephiles, Shadow saves Sonic, Shadow and Silver fight, Shadow goes 10 years into past, seals Mephiles, goes back to present, Omega shoots Mephiles, Mephiles goes on about how Omega kills Shadow in the future, Mephiles disappears, Omega talks to Shadow, Team Dark leaves to ruins, meets Mephiles, Mephiles has chaos emerald, Shadow fights Mephiles, Mephiles clones himself, Shadow takes off rings and defeats all clones... end story.

I liked Shadow's story but at the same time, like his game, it tries too hard to be edgy.

-Silver's story It was - Silver fights Iblis, Mephiles appears, Mephiles tells Silver and Blaze that a blue hedgehog is the one who awakened Iblis, Mephiles sends them to the past/present, Silver and Blaze get separated, Silver looks for Sonic/Blaze looks for Silver, Silver runs into Amy who mistakes him for Sonic, Amy tags along, Silver runs into Sonic, Silver and Sonic fight, Silver SMASH, Amy blocks his final attack, Sonic escapes, Amy scolds, Silver feels guilty/insecure about his decisions, Blaze finds Silver at dock, Blaze says he is naive and tell him that they should take a chance to save future, Silver and Blaze go to Eggman's base, Silver fights Egg Genesis, finds chaos emerald, Silver runs into Sonic again, Silver SMASH, Shadow blocks, Silver and Shadow fight, Shadow roundhouse kicks, Shadow and Silver go 10 years into past, Silver goes after Iblis, Flames get sealed in Elise, Silver gives Elise emerald, Silver helps Sonic save Elise, they fail, Silver goes back to his future, beats Iblis, Silver attempts to seal flames, fails, Blaze seals flames, Silver doesn't want Blaze to go away, Blaze is sealed... cue Dreams of an Absolution.

I liked Silver's story. It was fun to get into and I finally understood why the princess was so darn important. The problem with it is that it took on too much screen-time and it dragged. Dragged, dragged, dragged.

Character Personalities

Sonic -You were soulless, it's not funny! You were your typical mary-sue self until you became Silver's rag doll to throw around. You only shined when you were dead.

Tails- Boring.... didn't do a thing.

Knuckles- Knuckles... what the heck are you doing and why are you there?!

Amy- Amy, girl... you needed to do more! I liked how you made Silver question himself, but that's ALL you did. And that chat with Elise... uuuggh

Eggman- Yo, Eggster... you were boring as well. But at least you kept me awake unlike a certain blue hedgehog. But it doesn't change the fact that you were insignificant other than be used to prolong the "save the princess" charade. Oh and you were pretty stupid in this game.

Shadow- Shadow... you stole the show in a Sonic titled game. Yet, you had more development and treated with more respect than anyone else.

Rouge- You were okay I guess, but you were more of a sexy accessory to Shadow.

Omega- You sealed Shadow in the future! But that's all I know.

Elise- Girl... seriously. You were boring as hell. Not only were you not allowed to do anything awesome, but you had no personality other than being a mary-sue. And selfish.

Mephiles- You were such a godawful villain. And bland as hell. But the one thing I liked was that laugh... son, you made the Joker proud...

Silver- I feel sorry for you. You were a wonderful painting from afar but up close, it was horrible. I saw the beauty whiten, however your flaws were blaring. Plus you had more screen time than Sonic and that's NO GOOD! (But the thing is... I like you)

Blaze- Blaze?? Who the hell is that?... Oh you... but I thought you were a princess. Now your just an accessory to Silver or worse, a Pixie Dream Girl character. Why was Silver the only one to notice you and not anyone else... even Sonic?! You know... Sonic, the one that opened your heart? You have no idea, how disrespected you were in this game. Funny thing though? I am a Silvaze fan!

Gameplay

Sonic -Gameplay was very weird. I don't mind Sonic standing upside down but there were some parts that were glichy.

Tails- He can fly and throw dummy rings... yawn.

Knuckles- Knuckles can't detach from a wall! AHHHHH!

Amy- Amy was treated horribly in terms of gameplay. Where were her awesome moves from Sonic Adventure or Sonic Advance? She can only attack on the ground and her hammer wasn't reliable at all. And how the hell can she turn invisible? It's like putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.

Shadow- Shadow was treated respectfully in terms of gameplay. He had vehicles, his chaos attack and speed.

Rouge- Rouge is the same as Knuckles... can't detach from a wall. And bombs??!

Omega- Omega was just a broken Gamma. Even Tails/Eggman played better in Sonic Adventure 2. But his hovering is good.

Silver- His gameplay was actually the most thought of in my opinion. I thought he was fun, but the problem is consistency. Also... 2 miles per-hour. Yeeeh

Blaze- Another one worth playing as, in my opinion. What surprised me is that she controlled better than Sonic and was faster than Sonic. How could they put so much thought in to this gameplay and not Sonic's?!

Overall

This game was like having a birthday party thrown for you but no one pays attention to you, but they pay more attention to your more cooler, edgier friends. It was glitchy and main characters didn't do anything.

I hate this game.

• Thumbs Up 5

Did I actually post my full review in this topic? Like, ever? Well guess I'll do it now.

I remember lurking these forums back in 2006 and when the first gaming critics gave it the atrocious scores it rightfully deserved (anyone remember this), the members here went "Nooo this can't be, it must be some kind of mistake!" Then the infamous video with the breaking boxes mission and overly long loading times was shown. Guess the Sonic fandom was never the same again.

Of course I didn't get to play the game until 2009/2010, so I already knew what to expect. And did it meet my expectations! Terrible gameplay, horrible glitches that would sometimes randomly kill you, stupid boss battles, mediocre graphics, mediocre voice acting and a story which deserves a videogame Razzie for Worst Game to Kill Off a Main Character. The only good thing was the music, and even that was hit and miss sometimes.

And I think my biggest problem with Sonic 06 is the story and characterization or should I say, bastardization of these characters.

Sonic

Knuckles

Silver

Blaze

Princess Elise

I think story-wise these characters were the biggest problem I had with the game.

I'm actually stunned some people want Sonic to still be the boring boy scout personality, like how he's depicted in this crappy game! Didn't help that Jason Griffith made him sound really boring too. There was just no attitude, nothing. Even when he died he didn't say any last words, he just pulled a stupid face and died.

I mention Knuckles because back then I was a big Knuckles fan and to see him being ridiculed, pushed into the background and made almost unplayable (seriously wtf happened to his speed and smooth gameplay from SA2?). It just angered me and now I don't like Knux as much because of the way SEGA has treated him, even today. Like shit.

It's a pity that this was Silver's big debut because he could have been an awesome character had they not watered down his gameplay nor given him an annoying voice and the personality of a rock. Not to mention he is way, way, WAY too trustworthy of evil looking people such as Mephiles. And Blaze? She was just there for fanservice. Literally no point for her being there, at all.

As for Princess Elise; I think she's boring, looks ugly as sin and I don't believe she never cried ever in all her childhood years. That's impossible, nobody can do that. Oh, let's not forget the classic "I don't care what happens to the world!!" which makes her sound really selfish and makes no sense since she only met Sonic for a day or two. If she'd known him longer than it would have been a lot more believable. Ugh, damn writers...

So yeah, this is what I think of Sonic 06.

• Thumbs Up 1

Overall lowdown on this game? Me? Here goes...

This is the personal opinion part of C:M's SONIC '06 Game Relation page and encapsulates my personal view on many aspects of the 360 version of the game.

Oh Sonic 2006, what a broken web you weaved...you could very well have led to the death of the Sonic franchise for good with your utter terribleness in so many areas. Except the series thankfully recovered to an extent after release.

I will try my best to complete this opinion piece without the....aid of particularly biting criticism but I consider this game to be amongst the absolute worst depth the series has ever plunged to and it has proven itself to be without a shadow of a doubt the worst shame the series has ever endured from both the fandom and the general gaming public.

Behold valued readers; Sonic’s darkest hour.

So....where to begin?

Firstly, there’s the questionable concept of it all to start with; “What if Sonic were real?” Now I think I’m pretty safe in assuming that one of the most enduring and appealing aspects of the game series is it’s melding of colourful fantasy elements with a certain degree of realism. From the physics to the vibrant yet still worldly feel regarding art direction, Sonic has been a series that consistently provided a fantasy feel and a palpable sense of realism without really feeling that it leaned very far in either direction.

Sonic the Hedgehog almost entirely eschews the vibrant fantasy-esque yet still somewhat realistic feel for muddy realism and it simply doesn’t work. It exudes downright uncanny valley vibes from practically every orifice. The zany designs of the anthropomorphic characters just doesn’t gel with the realistic humans that inhabit Soleanna and the environments that are not the least bit exuberant. Eggman and his robotic army are victims of this art direction as well, exhibiting none of the whimsy that the man and his creations exuded and which was and still is a big part of their charm. The game is dominated by it’s awful premise and there is hardly a single aspect that isn’t ruined by it.

Then there’s the dubious gameplay design and the manner in which characters are incorporated. Character’s abilities are sloppily designed and are clearly not the product of a lot of thought and consideration. The spin attack is completely useless even though it’s been a staple of many of the characters moveset’s for years and has been established as a primary method of taking-out enemies. Instead many of the playable characters are saddled with moves that feel arbitrary and stupid. For example, Amy can turn invisible for no explained reason and this greatly complicates her already dire level sections as not only is your perception of her position to attack with her very limited in range hammer screwed with due to her shadow being the only indication of where she actually is but she suddenly stops when the invisibility wears-off, leaving her completely open to attack. This is just one example of the bad design that plagues the entire game.

The gameplay styles of the three main characters does nothing that is particularly inventive or clever. Shadow plays like a marginally superior Sonic with his melee attacks yet his gameplay is let down by the boring and extremely buggy vehicles which are a chore to use and which are often more trouble than they’re worth due to the aforementioned buggyness. Just you try and get that hovercraft over the speed ramps in Kingdom Valley or over sand dunes in Dusty Desert without flipping it. His gameplay is also not drastically different from Sonic’s which makes it incredibly samey.

Sonic’s gameplay feels like his gameplay in Sonic Adventure with all of the fun, flow, speed and the aplomb of the set-pieces stripped out of it with near-surgical precision. The level design hardly ever makes even decent use of the character’s acrobatic moves and speed in any fun manner, the mach speed sections being the most stark example of this in which the controls are completely shot and the bugs and collision detection issues are blatant. The mach speed sections are filled with fake difficulty as a result of this.

Silver’s gameplay style is easily the most intriguing and the best example of the game showing some level of creativity even if
Silver’s PSI abilities are not often utilized in particularly varied ways. His puzzles are often frustrating (The final section of Dusty Desert always annoys me to the point of often wanting to just give up) and as said, his powers are hardly ever used in original and thought-provoking ways. It’s a good encapsulation of the overall run-of-the-mill and and vapid ideas that are rampant.

The other characters are incorporated into the game in such a slipshod manner that it’s clear as day that they were included merely to satiate the fans and cater-to the 15th anniversary celebration the game was intended to be rather than to contribute to narrative and gameplay in any meaningful or compelling way. They exhibit the very essence of being tacked-on.

The game is absolutely filled with mindblowingly bad programming and is entirely lacking any real degree of bug testing. The glitches and bugs run from the glaringly obvious such as the inability of Knuckles and Rouge to easily jump off of walls that they are climbing, primitive AI of partner characters, the extremely numerous and blatant physics violations i.e Objects moving with no impetus, characters defying gravity on angled surfaces, terrible collision detection and the lack of action bar depletion for certain character moves that should deplete it according the the game’s instruction manual to the more subtle such as dropped rings being momentarily solid so they’re pushed-about when you try to recollect them and some moves and level-up abilities providing no actual function i.e Sonic’s White Gem move Homing Smash having no actual usability, Omega’s inability to actually fly as stated in the manual and the inability to upgrade the action gauge as stated by the instruction manual.

Town missions are trite and boring with alarming regularity. They run from being boring fetch quests to frustrating tests of memory and skill to running through rings and collecting the golden shinies. These missions feel tacked-on when they are included as mandatory parts of each character’s story/scenario because they frequently do not feel as if they needed to be included in the narrative for the purpose of advancing it along. Add the absolutely inexcusable loading times and the fact that two loading screens are inserted before you even begin missions and they become very irritating very, very quickly.

To me, this game epitomized at the time how little respect and regard SEGA had for the Sonic franchise in the interests of income as evidenced by the game’s highly rushed state and it still stands to this day as without doubt the franchise’s darkest hour. The game fails from even a fundamentally basic level and stands as a fine example of how not to design and program a game in general.

• Thumbs Up 7

Sorry for double-posting, but here's the Sonic Dissected chapter on 06:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JEHCmSEVx8

Don't except your typical rant about the game or its story. Rather it focuses on the difference between Western and Eastern culture and how it is represented in the structure of the game.

That gave me a lot of information and detail that I never thought I would get...

And really broadened my understanding of things.

That gave me a lot of information and detail that I never thought I would get...

And really broadened my understanding of things.

Yeah, same here. That kind of stuff never crossed my mind until Roger brought it up...and it is creepily accurate now that I look at things...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the game was decent. For some reason I replay levels alot and play multiplayer with my little sisters and fool around with the gems. I did not finish it though, I had a fun time with Sonic's levels (Some Mach Speed sections were fun to me) Shadow's was OK, not a fan of his vehicles though. I never tried Silver yet except in multiplayer so no comment. I personally thought the loading screens were not too bad, I always had something to pass the time when they show up. (I love you Wii U and your off TV mode) Even though the game was technically flawed (even though it is fun to fool around with glitches.) and the story was downright AWFUL, I had fun, short and simple. Not great but for what I played it was pretty decent. Oh yeah, the CG cutscenes were great and the soundtrack was magnificent.

There was just no attitude, nothing.

Actually, Sonic made all sorts of lame quips throughout some of the levels (notably Flame Core and the "that's not a nice welcome" thing) so they were clearly trying, only the delivery is so bad it's completely neutered and in the cutscenes where the story actually takes place only the first and last ones have the Sonic attitude. It's there, but it's so downplayed you might as well not bother.

Also the Elise levels are REALLY open ended. I was stunned at how I keep finding stuff. Quite a few areas in 06 are open ended and have a shit ton of alternate paths (in Sonic's story anyway) but most of them are hindered by poor design or crappy camera.

• Thumbs Up 1

Both me and a friend of mine played the game's co-op mode. We were glitching and I flied around the stage as Sonic while he just died over and over. Just goes to show that just because a game is so bad doesn't mean it can't be stupid or fun to play.

Is it a good game? No, not really. But I like it. It got me back into Sonic a while back, more than once I think (I first got into Sonic when I played Sonic Heroes as a kid...wish I didn't lose that). I liked the concept, with multiple playable characters, and I liked the way the storytelling tried to be epic. The story didn't actually turn out to be good and the gameplay is just stupid at times, but I still enjoyed the game in the long run. I wonder how good it would have been if it wasn't rushed...

Somecallmejohnny is doing an LP of the 'Very Hard' mission stages in Sonic 06.

I've never played those stages, so I found this video very interesting.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaO2DlvdO1Q&list=UUg7ILQaLokw0zjKBU31STSA&feature=c4-overview

I was thinking
The hole nun of this ever happened thing.

Dose any one think that the developers realized they could not make the game they wanted to in the time they had. And they knew the game was going to be bad. And so they through in the “nun of this ever happened thing”, in a desperate effort to try and make it not canon? 

Honestly, I'm sure the reset ending was planned from the start and was intended to be a tragic one as nothing in the game happened and Sonic and Elise no longer know each other, and then it turned out to be a happy coincidence when said game/story turned out total garbage.

I was thinking

The hole nun of this ever happened thing.

Dose any one think that the developers realized they could not make the game they wanted to in the time they had. And they knew the game was going to be bad. And so they through in the “nun of this ever happened thing”, in a desperate effort to try and make it not canon? 

Nah. Conspiracy theories like this really need to be put to rest, really. Game developers, and indeed no other business plan to make products that they expect to fail or instil such methods of damage control if they're struggling to reach a deadline. The time and money that goes into planning and making products ensures that they can't just decide to dramatically change it on a whim like that. The story was planned from the beginning (we even have a script dating back to early days of the project), and the game just turned out to be a colossal mess.

SEGA obviously had to be aware of the quality of the game cause it's hardly a subjective matter, but there's no chance that the story was changed late into development because they realised how poor the final piece was going to be. Things just don't work that way.

Also...

The word that you're looking for is "none". Currently your post is more about these lovely people:

VARIOUS-001.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I hope i don't get infracted for bumping but...

I Love Sonic 06, and any "Fan" of Sonic should too.

Do I even have to mention that this game was practically Sonic Adventure 3?

I honestly Don't understand Why it's hated so much.

People have the Audacity to call this game the worst game ever made, which I believe is utter bullcrap. I can think of at least 20 games that are worse. I also can't stand how people say that this was Sonic's lowest point in his Career, that as well is bull crap. Sonic 06 Sold more Copies than that of the game that "Saved sonic's career"; Sonic Colors which I hate BTW. Heck, even Sonic and the Secret Rings sold Twice as many copies as Sonic Colors. 

I really want to know why so many Fans can't see how belligerently Ignorant their being.

Whenever you hear a review of Sonic 2K6 you always here them Nitpicking... Which is bad when trying to state a point, especially considering that Many people mention "bad things" in 06 that are prominent in many other Sonic Games.

Why does everyone criticize eggman's design? Remember the Hype video for Sonic 06? He was in there... Fans were still excited seeing him.. So why is it bad when you actually play the game? And another Thing, if this game were "too realistic" and "didn't seem like a Sonic game" then why didn't anyone Say that when the Hype video was released as well? See? Nit Picks

Another Thing. Sonic 06 is the reason the Hedgehog Engine exists. From the Boost, to the Basic presentation of the Homing Attack.

Sonic Unleashed to Sonic Generations all features the boost (Blue Gem in Sonic 06), Sliding, A straight Homing Attack, High Speed, ETC. Everything in the Hedgehog Engine's gameplay was made to improve on Sonic 06's gameplay style. If Sega and Sonic Team had "Learned their Lesson" then why would they bother with Something that "everyone hated", not to mention Crisis City's inclusion into the Game.

I also just LOVE how people are saying "Design Doesn't matter" for Sonic Boom, yet for this game everyone is hideous. How Stupid... and hypocritical...

All of the Characters are structured very properly and their character arcs are very well done, although it is very subtle.

Sonic- Although he is a bit dry here, he is still a lot like the Sonic of the Past. My belief is that Sonic is only acting like this because Sonic doesn't want to upset the princess. Remember these lines?

Elise: "Why did you rescue me?" Sonic: "No special Reason". And the line "That's a pretty Snazzy performance you've got there" makes it even more noticeable that he was holding is Cocky attitude. Sonic only begun acting calmer and more mature after he heard Elise's past. 

Whenever he's with his friends he acts as snarky as usual as well as during gameplay or when against Dr. Eggman (even in cutscenes).

Tails- He's been practically demoted to a SideCharacter in this game, but the game still follows up on Tails' independance character arc in Sonic Adventure. He's not Constantly Following Sonic around, he's usually doing his own thing when Sonic isn't with him. When he is alone he doesn't just sit there like in later games (Looking at you Generations, Colors, and Lost World), he goes out to find more information on where the Princess is. And you can say that it's Lazy that they made you play as Tails through the almost identical to Sonic's Wave Ocean, but if you think about it, this could've been another "Boring" town mission, so you should be greatful.

Knuckles- He doesn't really do much in this game, However he doesn't just sit there and SAY he could've done better (Looking at you Sonic Lost World) , he helps Sonic to reach his Goals. Although, like with most games after Sonic Adventure 2, he's still rather neglectful of the Master Emerald, unless he's keeping it in his butt like in the SA2 ending. biggrin.png

Amy- Amy was pretty good in this game. She isn't a homocidal chick bent on killing sonic because he won't marry him (Looking at you Heroes), she isn't just Standing around doing nothing; especially when you consider that she risked her life to save sonic in the "end of the world" stage. Most people like to criticize her for the statement "If I had to choose between the world and Sonic, I would choose Sonic" but in reality she had done this in Sonic Adventure 2 as well. Remember when she risked her safety and freedom to free him from prison island. Remember when she was counted as the 3 that were about to get arrested, remember how long she had tagged along? That's because she knew Sonic would never do that. It's the reason she Loves him!

Shadow- Do I even have to tell you how awesome he is in this game?

Rouge- She's been willing to stick by shadow's side throughout all the crap he goes through. We get this from Sonic Heroes. Her, Shadow and Omega have all had a bond that couldn't be broken, and this game shows how greatly the Bond develops.

Silver- He is, as blaze would say, Naive. He's actually a lot like knuckles in his initial encounter with Sonic. They both think Sonic should die in order to have peace, both being fooled by someone they don't know. And Don't go saying "Why would he trust Mephiles, his name is Mephiles the DARK". First off, how would Silver know that Mephiles' full name has "THE DARK" in it? And Second off, As far as Silver knows, the world can't get any worse, so he's got nothing to lose. Why are people so confused about this? He makes up for his past mistakes just as Knuckles did.

Blaze- Yes, she is in this game for no reason. However, she isn't completely Retconned, seeing as how she recites "Blue Hedgehog" rather frequently. And Not to mention how in Sonic Rivals Dr. Eggman Nega is part of the future, when he lived in the same dimension as Blaze in Sonic Rush. And how can people say that it's stupid for her to be in this game? I mean the 2 next games she's in She's at a birthday party...(Generations), and In an amusement park for no reason(Colors DS), i mean come on, she literally says "What can I say, the Sol EMERALD(as in 1 not seven) started glowing and here I was" She doesn't even serve a purpose for the story... just useless missions. In 06 she sacrifices herself to save Silver's future. And at the end she said "Seal us into another Dimension" That could be the sol dimension, and she is getting back for the second time. Probably for Rush Adventure.

Eggman- Isn't an idiotic Clown anymore, and he's actually serious this time. He doesn't fall for the "Tell everybody my plan right off bat" thing that almost every villain do. And another complaint I rapidly here is "What is his motive for Iblis and why doesn't he explain" and my response to that is: What else would he use Iblis for than the exact same thing he was planning to use Chaos or the Eclipse Cannon for? I'm glad he kept in short instead of repeating the same thing again 3x over.

Elise- She gets the most undeserved hate. Although people claim" that she's a mary sue, and she's the worst princess every I BOLDY disagree. She's even better than the likes of Princesses Zelda and Peach. She develops, something those 2 princesses never do. When she's first kidnapped all she does is sit there with her hands clamped, yet later in the game, she takes more responsibility for the fact that she's in charge of the kingdom. She SURRENDERS so her country doesn't get destroyed. I don't recall princess peach EVER doing that. Afterwards she attempts to kill herself to keep eggman from getting her power, which is pretty bold considering that she would give it all up, just to keep this guy from having his way. I don't recall Zelda doing that... in fact, she barely does anything when Link is fighting Ganon. Nor Peach with Bowser, even though she is just as capable as mario at doing anything(Super Mario 3D Land). How is that in any way a mary sue, that writers did So Well with her, and no one even gives her a chance. 

Glitches? Oh, you mean glitches that happen prominently with Sonic Adventure DX as well, even with the numerous ports that the game has had. (To the PS3 and the XBOX360, the same console 06 was on with all of the glitches that the gamecube and almost all as the dreamcast version). 3 types of glitches occur in this game.

1. Clipping Glitches

2. Powerup glitches

3. Scripted glitches.

Clipping glitches in Sonic Adventure are very noticable. Have you ever tried to spindash in a loop de loop? You would clip through the loop and fall to your death 85% of the time, you would remain intact if you were lucky.

Powerup glitches have been known to break characters in both adventure and 06. In 06 the most well known are the Gems.

Scripted Glitches, the one above for Clipping glitches is also a scripted glitch as well.

The Gameplay isn't half bad either. This is the first time in the Adventure games where there isn't an annoying part of the Story. Adventure being Big, and Adventure 2 being the Mech shooters. But Shadow's gameplay do play homage to the Mechs, however you can get out whenever you want to making the transition to such much smoother. It would've been better if they had made them optional alltogether (Like the Wisps in Colors).

Sonic(Regular)- His gameplay if mainly focused on Platforming and Speed, as Such Sonic is the fastest character out of them all, including blaze. I find it rather Ironic that in this game, he's at the perfect platforming speed, as well as running speed, yet he's too slow, but when he's fast he's uncontrollable, or your playing a racing game. This Fanbase just kills me with the things they say sometimes.-_-;

Sonic(Mach Speed)- Yes, these controls are a bit wonky, but they can be mastered with practice, much like how a great speedrun time can be achieved in Sonic Rush or Sonic Unleashed with enough practice. This is the first time we've seen Sonic's "true speed", so of course it's going to be funny. I mean when we first saw that Light speed Attack it circled around the enemy rarely hitting them.

Tails- His dummy ring attack is pretty lame, but it is VERY effective and you cannot deny that fact. His flight acceleration and the time limit is faster. He's a generally well balanced character and I would play as him any day of the week.

Knuckles- He has fire based attacks and his gliding is a bit faster to emphasis on moving forward instead of finding peices of the master emerald. Only problem is the wall climbing glitch which CAN be avoided.

Amy- She is pretty bad in this game, however she is much more flexable in this game than in Sonic Adventure. Her missions/sections don't take long though, so it shouldnt drag out too much while your playing as her.

Shadow- His gameplay was meant to improve on his Shadow the Hedgehog gameplay. Better Vehicles, the Hang-glider, the Motorcycle, and ect. His Chaos moves add charm to his new style of gameplay as well. I didn't even want to get into any vehicles because of this.

Rouge- Her character and her animations sync very well together. She's a seductive bat, so she has this stripper like glide fall (LOL), and she uses bombs, and sticky bombs for combat, which emphasises that she's a secret agent.

Omega- No one has ever complained about his moves in this game, the only thing I can come up with is the gliding glitch. That is a problem, but only people patient enough to abuse it would be a problem. It isn't even a problem if you think about it. That's like saying that Tails's flying abilities is broken because he can fly through windy valley from the start.

Silver- His gameplay is focused on his Psycho Kinetic abilities and platforming(Something fans have wanted for a while...). He isn't as fast as Sonic or Shadow, but he has the power to boot. People complain about him being slow, but that's only because that would make him another Sonic clone (looking at you rivals). The point of a New character is to be NEW, not a rehash.

Final Boss- This final boss is an improvement on the final boss of SA2. Doesn't anyone remember the frustration of dying while trying to switch characters because his rings were low? Mainly because of the Biolizards intense attacks. Now all you need to do is press a trigger. So much simpler.

The music is So Good, that anyone who would say that it sucked is just being a dick. This is Sonic's first orchestration based BGM's. And they did a good job. The only reason it isn't as memorable as past games is because you clearly haven't played sonic 06 as much as youve played other games.

The only problem I have with 06 is that it true to implement So many ideas into the game. And I entirely forgive them for that. This game is practically a love letter to the Fanbase, how am I the only one seeing it? 

How's that for a first post? tongue.png

Somecallmejohnny is doing an LP of the 'Very Hard' mission stages in Sonic 06.

I've never played those stages, so I found this video very interesting.  

It's so dumb because he says the game is broken beyond beliefe, shouldn't be worth playing and picks out every problem with the gameplay YET HE HAS S RANKS IN ALL OF SONIC'S STAGES, the allegedly, most broken character in the game. -_-;

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my god... I also love Sonic 2006! Im happy someone else likes it

OMG another Elise fan~ im in heaven! I really do love her.

On 2/12/2014 at 9:58 PM, DBZHedgy said:

How's that for a first post? tongue.png

To be frank my dear, you're NOT giving a good first impression.

• Thumbs Up 1

the guy has every right to like the game. damn I know Sonic 06 rusles your jimmies but there are a few that love the game. I did a review and people were mixed