Awoo.

The sonic characters, and their homes? (Does Sonic and the crew live somewhere outside of the Adventure?)

SoniqUpdater

After watching a bit of Sonic X (final episodes that is) and remembering back to many Sonic games, I have been wondering why we haven't seen Tails, Amy, Sonic, etc. in their homes. In Sonic X it shows they all have houses in their world, and have somewhere to live. In Sonic Adventure we kinda saw Big having a small hut out in the forest, and Tails having his own workshop. I wonder after games such as Sonic Colors and Sonic generations if they have anyplace to go back to? It also brings up a funny thought that some of the sonic characters (Excluding Shadow, Rouge, and Omega) have part time jobs outside of their adventures. While typing i just remembered in the game Sonic Labyrinth (yes i brought that game up) it had Sonic sleeping in a bed in a home. I wonder if any sonic game would introduce Sonic's (or other sonic characters) Home as maybe a hub station to go back to from time to time. It would be interesting to see this in a game. While typing some more i just remembered that in Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic was sleeping in a home, could it have been Sonics house? Maybe. What do you all think of this? Do you think there should be more info on this in the Games? Ignoring comic book arcs aside im mostly being specific on the games as their does not seem to be a Mobius in the video games.

Share on what you think :)

Sonic's always been a drifter from what we can tell, so he probably just lives off the land wherever he's at. He does have a house from Secret Rings though, and he just goes there whenever he's close.

Amy was taking those groceries of hers somewhere in Adventure, and there's no reason to suspect that she doesn't have that house anymore now. Likewise, Tails's workshop can be assumed to have living quarters in the inaccessible room on the upper floor of the building.

It can be assumed that Rouge and Shadow have their own living quarters that were given to them by GUN, and Omega just boards up with them.

Overall, there have been some indications time to time that the characters have living accommodations. But as Sonic is a drifter, running wherever he wants, and the series revolves around him, there's not going to be much emphasis put on the homes, since he and the others are going every which way due to the plot and the need for various levels to run in.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 4

Likewise, Tails's workshop can be assumed to have living quarters in the inaccessible room on the upper floor of the building.

This just gave me an Idea, what if we saw a return to Tails workshop and use it as a hub station, it would be pretty cool to see.

Heck i would love to see where Tails actually does make his inventions. Could it be Tails and Sonic share the same home maybe?

This just gave me an Idea, what if we saw a return to Tails workshop and use it as a hub station, it would be pretty cool to see.

Heck i would love to see where Tails actually does make his inventions. Could it be Tails and Sonic share the same home maybe?

I've always assumed that Sonic and Tails live together in the workshop Tails' built in Mystic Ruins. Given that it MUST have a fireplace considering that:

1. Smoke is coming from it.

2. A fireplace can be seen in the opening cut scene in Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Edited by Stitch

Amy was taking those groceries of hers somewhere in Adventure, and there's no reason to suspect that she doesn't have that house anymore now.

Except that Station Square got torn apart by Chaos, and presumably her house/apartment with it (then again, she could live outside the city).

As I recall some of the handheld games gave them all houses.

Let's be honest here - Sonic's an international celebrity. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a home in every corner of the globe due to all the work he's done. It's probably not touched upon in the games because it would bog down the story and go contrary to his free spirit role; he's not tied to the land like a serf. He goes wherever he pleases, having the same sense of freedom as anyone with a car.

southisland.jpg

Can we please just slide this into SegaSonic canon already? Just assume behind this little mountain-jungle-beach here is Green Hill Zone, and part of the inside of the plane looks just like what we see in Secret Rings. There. Sonic has a home. Its canon. Publish it. Make millions.

Edited by Azookara

I always liked the idea of Sonic being a drifter who lives off wherever he's at, not having any defined home and takes refuge wherever he sees fit. He'd probably just shack up at Tails` workshop if he needed to crash considering that's his bro, but otherwise Sonic would just live off the land.  

As for the topic, every character barring Sonic has a home to an extent but as pointed out, Sonic is a drifter and the protagonist and as such we're not going to see those homes as much unless Sonic is around otherwise homes aren't exactly major. Tails has his workshop, Amy probably lives in some small apartment(though personally I always loved it if she lived with Cream & Vanilla), Cream lives with her mom in some ill defined location in the world, Shadow, Rouge, & Omega more than likely take quarters in GUN. Knuckles lives on Angel Island, Blaze in the Sol Dimension, Silver....somewhere in the future, and the Chaotix have their own little shack somewhere. 

All of the characters do have their own homes, they're just never given focus for us to care due to the protagonist's nature.

• Thumbs Up 1

To me, I think Sonic's home living situation differs from story to story. In a sense, about everything with Sonic, I kinda view it like I do Zelda in a way. Like there's a canon timeline to all these installments, but each installment feels like it's own thing away from the series unless they were direct sequels.

It's why I've always viewed Sonic as being pretty timeless because he doesn't have these little things we keep asking ourselves to help govern concrete things about his world. We just have some references every now and then or some levels or something, but that's kinda it. Sometimes we don't have humans, sometimes we do. Sometimes Sonic's got a bed to crash at, sometimes he's just magically there and never needs to sleep.

So in the end, I guess I'm being a turd and siding with yes and no on they have a place to live. It depends on the point in time in the canon series, to me anyways.

• Thumbs Up 5

As for the topic, every character barring Sonic has a home to an extent but as pointed out, Sonic is a drifter and the protagonist and as such we're not going to see those homes as much unless Sonic is around otherwise homes aren't exactly major. Tails has his workshop, Amy probably lives in some small apartment(though personally I always loved it if she lived with Cream & Vanilla), Cream lives with her mom in some ill defined location in the world, Shadow, Rouge, & Omega more than likely take quarters in GUN. Knuckles lives on Angel Island, Blaze in the Sol Dimension, Silver....somewhere in the future, and the Chaotix have their own little shack somewhere. 

All of the characters do have their own homes, they're just never given focus for us to care due to the protagonist's nature.

More or less this. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic can get hotel rooms free anywhere he goes simply due to the boost of tourism he'd surely generate, but it's such a minor detail it's not really covered. It really wouldn't add anything to the plot for where he's staying to be added... it's very possible he has a home somewhere on the planet, but given that 99% of the time (With some generous rounding) he's not going to be nearby, it's not focused on. We can presume he has a home he stays in between games, when he's not on some adventure to stop Eggman.

I could never imagine Sonic staying in one place all the time when nothings going on, he's a traveller so would want to visit different locations. I could imagine him staying near a chili dog manufacturer however! tongue.png  

I could never imagine Sonic staying in one place all the time when nothings going on, he's a traveller so would want to visit different locations. I could imagine him staying near a chili dog manufacturer however! tongue.png  

Ten Mobiums says Nathan's or some other hot dog company sponsors his trips around the world. Suddenly everything makes sense. He gets all the chili dogs he could ever want, gets a place to stay anywhere he wants, and the hot dog companies see record sales. Everyone's a wiener!

Also, Tails is a bit of a real-estate magnate, he has work shops EVERYwhere. We have seen them on random islands and on the one outside station square. He has them ready in case he ever needs them(he has almost as many as eggman has bases

Also, Tails is a bit of a real-estate magnate, he has work shops EVERYwhere. We have seen them on random islands and on the one outside station square. He has them ready in case he ever needs them(he has almost as many as eggman has bases

I think we just discovered the hidden depths of the characters somewhat. Tails owns lots of real estate, it's not unreasonable he probably has patented some inventions (given that Eggman's too dense to try this), so he could have some considerable cash flow. Sonic probably has an express hotel room in every city he travels to... man, there really are some perks to friendship.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

A lot of people say Sonic is a drifter, but I'm of the opinion that he and Tails have a house in Green Hill (note that the location is just personal headcanon).

After viewing some responses I feel some just like to take things a little to literal, which is fine. The way I see it none of the cast have a home in the traditional sense. With that said however, can anything else in the Sonic canon be considered "traditional"?

We've seen Sonic in his house in the Storybook games. Tails has his Workshop in Adventure, but I believe we've also seen his and a few others' places in Battle. Knuckles we've seen sleeping in various places, like in Mushroom Hill or in front of the M.E. altar. The Chaotix have their office in Heroes. Cream and Vanilla's house was in Rush.

I'd imagine Blaze lives in some castle in the Sol Dimension's equivalent of the UK. And that most, if not all of her time in there is spent in a single room staring at the Sol Emeralds.

Sonic's a drifter, he sleeps wherever he wants. Though my personal headcanon is that he has a racecar bed in each of Tails' workshops around the ground and crashes there on occasion. 

Tails has a place of residence on Cocoa Island (Tails Adventure), South Island (Sonic the Fighters/Sonic the Movie), Mystic Ruins (Sonic Adventure) Emerald Town (Sonic Battle), Emerald Town again (Sonic Battle), somewhere near Water Palace (Rush) and possibly some more places I can't remember...

Amy has an apartment in Central City (Sonic Battle).

Knuckles has the entire Angel Island.

Rouge has Club Rouge in the Night Babylon section of Central City (Sonic Battle) and it's a high possibility Shadow might live there as well as GUN HQ. 

The Rabbit Family and their Chao have a house in some undetermined location. 

And Silver and Blaze have their homes somewhere in Soleanna and Southern Island in their specific points across Time-Space.

And the Chaotix have their Detective Agency. 

Edited by tsz11

Personal note: this is a neat little topic :)

The way I see it is:

Sonic is basically a drifter who lives wherever he decides to rest for a while at. He does have a home (Secret Rings) but only lives there on occasion.  Tails lives in the inaccessible living area in his workshop in the Mystic Ruins. Knuckles lives on Angel Island, Amy lives in an apartment in Station Square (Sonic Adventure), Cream lives with her mother, Cheese, Chocola, and Gemerl in their home near Leaf Storm (Sonic Rush), Big lives in the Mystic Ruins, Rouge lives in Central City, Shadow & Omega either live in Central City or they're drifters like Sonic, the Chaotix live at their HQ, Silver lives in the future, and Blaze & Marine live in the Sol Dimension.  Dr. Eggman probably resides in whatever base he's using at the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Knuckles we've seen sleeping in various places, like in Mushroom Hill or in front of the M.E. altar

When one thinks about it, this really fits the "tribal" nature they try to give him. He comes off as more nomadic and at one with nature than Sonic in this regard, regularly taking his naps wherever he feels like it. We could always presume Sonic likewise just sleeps wherever he wants, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has hotels or somewhere to crash while he's on the move.

Sonic's house is presumably the one seen in SatSR's intro. I entertain the notion that it's Tails' Workshop because said Workshop has a place atop the domed roof that could be feasibly used as a place to survey the sky through a telescope and it has a chimney for the fireplace. Note how a telescope is shown in the intro of SatSR. SA shows that he stays at hotels sometimes. Didn't blame him that night, I mean, it was raining on the night he fought Chaos.

Tails' house is his workshop.

Knuckles either lives on the shrine or in his house that is shown in Battle.

Amy lives in downtown Station Square as stated by the antique shopkeeper in SA. She also has an apartment in Central City as shown in Battle. May be one and the same as the 'downtown Station Square' abode.

Cream and Vanilla live in a seaside house possibly in Emerald Town. Said house may be depicted in Sadv3's true credits roll.

Doesn't Battle confirm that Rouge's club has living quarters? If my memory is right, Shadow was recuperating there.

Big lives in an open hut in the Mystic Ruins Jungle.

Eggman's living quarters are in whatever base he's set up I guess :P He had some pretty nice living quarters on board the Egg Carrier complete with fridge and wall bed.

• Thumbs Up 2

SA shows that he stays at hotels sometimes. Didn't blame him that night, I mean, it was raining on the night he fought Chaos.

With his status as a celebrity, possibility Tails might have a fair bit of money to his name, and the fact he'd probably be a target for tons of sponsorship, I think it's safe to assume he probably gets even the best hotels for cheap, if nothing at all. I mean sure, logically being all one with nature as he is he could sleep in the trees but... as a guy who enjoys his relaxation as much as his adventure, I imagine it's not unreasonable for him to want an actual bed to sleep in every night...

With his status as a celebrity, possibility Tails might have a fair bit of money to his name, and the fact he'd probably be a target for tons of sponsorship, I think it's safe to assume he probably gets even the best hotels for cheap, if nothing at all. I mean sure, logically being all one with nature as he is he could sleep in the trees but... as a guy who enjoys his relaxation as much as his adventure, I imagine it's not unreasonable for him to want an actual bed to sleep in every night...

Indeed. I mean, I always had this little headcanon that just how Eggman sells his robots to Central City's Library as security 'bots and other establishments in the city presumably to score himself some cash on the side, a figured that Tails probably does the same or takes a form of employment as a mechanic. And I can hazard a guess that the only reason for Sonic being in the place he was in in SatSR's intro was due to being sick and taking to lying on the sofa with a good book by the fire :P

I haven't even read any of the other posts, but I'm sure most have mentioned Sonic's house in Sonic and the Secret Rings. 

I don't really know about the others... ^^"

• Thumbs Up 2