Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Just founding a gamebreaking glitch.

I go into Time Attack, I play Spring Yard act 3, I die. I repeatedly tap where the "PLAY" button is supposed to be before the menu appears to begin the act quickly, and I hear the sound, then the menu fades in shortly after. I sit there, waiting for it to fade out, nothing. I tap "PLAY" again. Nothing. I go to the home menu and go back in. No sound. No tappy button things work. I can't get out of this menu.

Edited by Super Spindash

Just founding a gamebreaking glitch.

I go into Time Attack, I play Spring Yard act 3, I die. I repeatedly tap where the "PLAY" button is supposed to be before the menu appears to begin the act quickly, and I hear the sound, then the menu fades in shortly after. I sit there, waiting for it to fade out, nothing. I tap "PLAY" again. Nothing. I go to the home menu and go back in. No sound. No tappy button things work. I can't get out of this menu.

Just exit to the home menu, double tap the square button to bring up that bottom menu thingy on iOS, then hold Sonic 1's icon and click the Stop sign to reset the app.

Just exit to the home menu, double tap the square button to bring up that bottom menu thingy on iOS, then hold Sonic 1's icon and click the Stop sign to reset the app.

Alright, thanks. :D

I love how you can't hit Robotnik when he enters in Green Hill Anymore.

Yeah it reminds me of Sonic Jam too, more so than the Mega Collections etc. It's basically care and attention, you can feel that a lot of work and care went into it rather than the quick cash grab emulations we have been having since the Mega Collection days. All the extras etc, localization options like the box art etc, the nice cart renders and stuff, all the things you know they didn't need to do but they did anyway.

I can only wish and hope they end up bringing out another collection at some point (can't believe I said that) but one that collects the Taxman versions (hopefully they let him do Sonic 3K, maybe even Chaotix and Sega Sonic Arcade after Sonic 2) and has all sorts of goodies like Jam did. Not just a rather crappy collection of art like Mega Collection, but you know history (release dates, regional box arts, manuals, info about other media Sonic was in like what Jam had) production stuff, TV ads, music hall, all that kinda stuff we got spoiled with in Sonic Jam. A true collection of more than just the games.

Damnit i will simplify, give me a Taxman Sonic Jam 2!! Haha :D

Ugh God if I didn't run out of upvotes I would've upvoted Prof J's post above me so hard. LOL

Ahaha I wrote my post before even reading yours and just realised we both described it as 'classy and mysterious' <3

Sonic 1 is now available to download on Android-Google Play (UK)!

I'm downloading it now!

Edit: Oh my god this is wonderful!

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 5

Sonic 1 is now available to downlaod on Android-Google Play (UK)!

I'm downloading it now!

Edit: Oh my god this is wonderful!

Time to wake up in the morning to another 100 notifications from Androiders... xD

Hmm...can't seem to find it, searched for 'Sonic the Hedgehog' and 'Sonic 1' but no luck!

Scratch that, I looked through SEGA's Google Play catalogue and found it in there. :D

Hmm...can't seem to find it, searched for 'Sonic the Hedgehog' and 'Sonic 1' but no luck!

Same! I need linkage! D:

Sonic 1 is now available to downlaod on Android-Google Play

Huzz--

(UK)!

--Ah, dang it! sad.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Only missing one achievement now, the Time Attack one, mainly due to me not playing that mode yet >.< Any word from Taxman if everyone has found all the Easter eggs yet?

You guys weren't joking. This feels so nice to play. The music sounds so much better in-game than it does in the videos, the 60fps makes such a difference and the overall feel is just...so good.

I can't wait to see Sonic 2 get the same treatment. Seriously - Taxman, Stealth, congrats on making the definitive version of Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno if its the same on Andriod, but try searching for Sonic the Hedgehog (international) that's what it's called on iOS anyway.

I still have quite a few achievements to get, mostly hidden path ones, done time attack and didn't unlock anything (unless someone can get under 30 mins)

Well I don't want to raise people's hope...but I found Sonic 1 on Google play....and I'm in America:

nKRYUTp.png

ec7k3ta.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Awwwwwwwwwwwww wow wow wow wow wow.

I love this game. The controls are a bit fiddly on the touch screen, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. This is great work!

How do you people even remember what music that Mega/Gems Collection used in the menus?

D:

• Thumbs Up 1

So did anyone else get a huge glitch when finishing the game as Knuckles? Just as the credits began to roll the game randomly loaded Scrap Brain Act 3 and said 'GAME OVER'. When I load my Knuckles save file at Final Zone, the stage keeps restarting with Knuckles off screen until 'GAME OVER' comes up again. Got all the emeralds with Knuckles for nothing. ;_;

So did anyone else get a huge glitch when finishing the game as Knuckles? Just as the credits began to roll the game randomly loaded Scrap Brain Act 3 and said 'GAME OVER'. When I load my Knuckles save file at Final Zone, the stage keeps restarting with Knuckles off screen until 'GAME OVER' comes up again. Got all the emeralds with Knuckles for nothing. ;_;

According to the developers this is a known glitch that has already fixed internally and just needs to be patched.

• Thumbs Up 3

How do you people even remember what music that Mega/Gems Collection used in the menus?

D:

Because people uploaded the music to the internet? :U

Anywho, anyone remember On what Sega could do next with the Retro Engine?

And Dio's response was this?

Just let Taxman go nuts.

If this is the result of Taxman and friends "going nuts" with a mere Sonic 1 port for smartphones...than my god, to even imagine the sheer thought of Sega allowing Taxman and friends to "go nuts" with a full-fledged, brand-spankin'-new spiritual successor to the Genesis Sonic games!...

Also...

What could even be added to Sonic 1-Sonic 3&K that would give it a major benefit from being remade?

laugh.png

On a similar note, my prediction that Sega wouldn't use the Retro Engine again now seems to be rather hilarious in hindsight...

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah like JezMM said its known and is getting patched. So something to do with the size of his hitbox being wrong during certain animations which causes the death in the end credits roll.

It doesn't affect anything other than seeing the ending screen tho. Taxman said finishing it with Knuckles doesn't unlock or do anything.

Hmm I've completed it completely & still no sign of that ball!

Maybe you need a certain overall time for Time Attack mode, like in Sonic CD.