Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

Oh, cool! I thought it was closed on purpose.

I talked about the petition in Sega forums and here a couple of months ago (i think) and I believe it got a few hundreds new signatures, but yes, it's kind of stuck (we should probably send it to RubyEclipse for him to post it on Sonic's facebook page). The letter campaign seems like a good idea, but it's true it's not as "easy" as signing a petition.

I really think Sega (or any other company, in fact) should have some channel (yearly surveys for Sega's forum users, for instance) to get feedback from fans (about games, merchandising, whatever). They did something like that with Sonic CD.

PS:pleased to meet the person who started the petition, by the way :)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/10/2016 at 3:15 AM, big_smile said:

I've re-opened the petition. (I wasn't aware it had closed, so thanks for the update!)

With these sorts of petitions, you need to promote them on a regular basis. Unfortunately, it was really hard to get people interested to help with promoting it and once the initial launch past, it sort of died out.  

I'm sure if more people helped with the promotion it would have done better. 

However, as I stated at the start of the campaign, petitions aren't really a good way to get attention. We did start a letter writing campaign, but it was even harder to get people to take part in that. 

Great....more people signing a petition that will cause jack shit. I want this game too,but we all know that Sega WON'T do this,because A. The sonic 3 remastered twitter hasn't been active since April 14 of 2015,B. If Sega really wanted to do it,then we would have gotten it,and C. They may not be doing it because we are trying to push Sega to do it,and Sega just doesn't want to because we Want sonic 3 and knuckles remastered,and not just sonic 3.

I think it's more due to the music rights issue, and the fact that, while a good product, it wouldn't be a best-seller.

I'm sure it will eventually be done, just not their priority right now. I mean, if Sega wasn't interested on this, they wouldn't have remastered CD, 1 and 2, right?

Anyway, this project is clearly for mobile market. In PC & consoles they already sell roms+emulator. Not the same quality, but it's a cheap solution for Sega that it's probably very profitable (in comparison to the development costs, which are nearly zero).

It would be so cool remastering other classics like Ristar or Dynamite Headdy (as Taxman said in an interview), but it's probably not the kind of product Sega needs right now. Maybe if sales get better in the future...

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why nobody's said anything about it yet, but the most recent update for Sonic the Hedgehog 1 (As of March 2, 2016) fixes the sound test issue. At least for iOS, that is. Not sure how it's going for you Android users out there.

2 hours ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Not sure why nobody's said anything about it yet, but the most recent update for Sonic the Hedgehog 1 (As of March 2, 2016) fixes the sound test issue. At least for iOS, that is. Not sure how it's going for you Android users out there.

Oh really? Well, that's good! I was beginning to think SEGA didn't care. There's not been any update to fix the sound-test on android yet.

I recently got Sonic 2 for the 3ds and was bummed it does not have widescreen support. I also realised that iOS/Android version is the better version overall. Well, it's late to regret. 3D version is also more expensive. I'm going to enjoy it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I tweeted Taxman. He replied confirming that he submitted an update to fix the issue with Sonic 1's sound-test for android a while back. Just waiting for the update to be approved/released as per Google Play's usual process.

• 3 months later...

Don't know if anybody here save for a small few keep up with the comics, but Sonic Universe's recent issue made a Taxstealth reference in how they got to Hidden palace Zone:

Spoiler

QqUR71B.jpg

Btw, Rouge fell in love with the fake master emerald.

Aw man... Everytime I see a new post in this thread I dream of Sonic 3 Remastered being confirmed while the page is loading XDD

Now on topic, nice reference to Taxman :) 

1 hour ago, molul said:

Aw man... Everytime I see a new post in this thread I dream of Sonic 3 Remastered being confirmed while the page is loading XDD

Now on topic, nice reference to Taxman :) 

Yeah man I think there would be allot more then just a simple thread bump if S3 TaxStealth was confirmed.

It's annoying because Google Play still hasn't released the updated version of Sonic 1 which fixes the soundtest glitch (app store got the update months ago).

It's been three month since Sonic CD was removed from the stores. Not an issue for me because I've got the current version installed on my phone and new updates do take time, but it's still frustrating.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 0:09 PM, goku262002 said:

Yeah man I think there would be allot more then just a simple thread bump if S3 TaxStealth was confirmed.

Hell yeah! Sonic 3 remaster would deserve it's own topic!

I live in hope it will happen one day. Hope is a good thing

• 2 months later...

Have any of you played these remasters on a 4:3 tablet? I'm about to buy a new one and I'm kinda shocked that almost all 8" good tablets (Zenpad, Galaxy Tab S2, Nexus 9...) are 4:3 ("optimized for reading", they say). There's an 8'4" 16:10 tablet I'm interested on, but I wonder if I'm being too much demanding XD I mean, if people are buying Nexus 9, Galaxy Tab S2 or iPads, I guess it's not that bad...

I'm already aware that video playing would be like coming back to the 90's (not cool, you tablet manufacturers!), and I'm also wondering how Sonic remasters adapt to the 4:3, with black stripes or just cutting the screen left and right (it would look like the original, but man, I'm so much in love with more modern aspect ratios). I tried searching on Youtube but I found nothing yet.

Oh, in case anyone asks, it's really difficult to find a 8-9" tablet, 16:9 or 16:10, high resolution and good quality tablet. Wish I bought a Shield tablet back in the day.

1 hour ago, molul said:

Have any of you played these remasters on a 4:3 tablet? I'm about to buy a new one and I'm kinda shocked that almost all 8" good tablets (Zenpad, Galaxy Tab S2, Nexus 9...) are 4:3 ("optimized for reading", they say). There's an 8'4" 16:10 tablet I'm interested on, but I wonder if I'm being too much demanding XD I mean, if people are buying Nexus 9, Galaxy Tab S2 or iPads, I guess it's not that bad...

I'm already aware that video playing would be like coming back to the 90's (not cool, you tablet manufacturers!), and I'm also wondering how Sonic remasters adapt to the 4:3, with black stripes or just cutting the screen left and right (it would look like the original, but man, I'm so much in love with more modern aspect ratios). I tried searching on Youtube but I found nothing yet.

Oh, in case anyone asks, it's really difficult to find a 8-9" tablet, 16:9 or 16:10, high resolution and good quality tablet. Wish I bought a Shield tablet back in the day.

The console/PC version of Sonic CD supports 4:3 just fine, of course it simply looks like the original game (aside from the animated movies, which remain in their cropped 16:9 forms even though they were 4:3 in the original game).  That's all I can say for sure unfortunately.

Thanks!

Actually, I'd rather 4:3 displays added black stripes to keep the game in 16:10 or 16:9 XD I know, it's not that bad, but for me, one of the best things of the remasters was the new aspect ratio :P

• 2 weeks later...

I found an iPad (4:3 aspect ratio) demo and I thought I could leave it here, in case somebody else wonders how it looks:

Not bad, of course, but I like the widescreen much more.