Awoo.

"Tales of" series (News,Discussion,Etc.) - News in OP

Solkia

He does speak during battle so he's not mute per se, but during cutscenes he's like Link...but at least in Zelda games, everyone is silent but in a game like this were EVERYONE else speaks on a regular basis, it's a bit odd.

Yeah, though its probably not the biggest problem for me (though its going to be weird hearing everyone else talk but not him). Honestly my biggest problem with this is the fact that the areas are going to be copy-pasted, when I heard about that (a couple of months ago) I kind of lost my drive for it, sure a lot of people say the battle system is worth it but if everything else isn't up to snuff, its not going to feel like anything outstanding to me especially when I didn't like the first xillia's field maps much to begin with.

Yeah, though its probably not the biggest problem for me (though its going to be weird hearing everyone else talk but not him). Honestly my biggest problem with this is the fact that the areas are going to be copy-pasted, when I heard about that (a couple of months ago) I kind of lost my drive for it, sure a lot of people say the battle system is worth it but if everything else isn't up to snuff, its not going to feel like anything outstanding to me especially when I didn't like the first xillia's field maps much to begin with.

Copy-pasted sequels are annoying, but personally I've grown out of World Maps. At one point I loved them and hated how so many games, Final Fantasy especially, kept dropping World Maps left and right. Then I realized that World Maps actually make the games feel SMALLER, not bigger.

You're capable of traveling around the world quickly and there's maybe 10 towns in the entire world. That's ridiculously small. I kinda prefer how Suikoden has been doing it instead. In Suikoden, the "World Map" isn't a whole world at all, but rather one country per game. That makes the world feel much, much larger as a whole.

Well, before Suikoden Tierkreis, anyway (which has nothing to do with the main games at all). Even in Tierkreis, though, you're traveling across one continent when there's many more mentioned and referenced out there.

Just a gripe of mine. Copy-pasted worlds do bother me, but if I like Xillia enough I will get Xillia 2. (I have Xillia, I just can't play it yet. :P)

So, when do you guys think we'll get some new Tales of Zestiria news?

Most likely either at E3 or TGS this year.

I don't mind Ludger being silent. I never liked him in the first place.

Copy paste of the overworlde doesn't really bug me. It's the same exact world and Xillia's map exploration wasn't really hot shit to begin with.

Debt system sounds dumb.

I don't expect much out of Tales sequels, as they're usually pretty mediocre.

I don't mind Ludger being silent. I never liked him in the first place.

Copy paste of the overworlde doesn't really bug me. It's the same exact world and Xillia's map exploration wasn't really hot shit to begin with.

Debt system sounds dumb.

I don't expect much out of Tales sequels, as they're usually pretty mediocre.

Wait, have you played the game already?

Can't wait for Xillia 2, I've been really looking foward to this. Have to agree about Ludger being silent, that's going to annoying the hell out of me. I still hate the name changes, Rollo makes absolutley 0 sense. I prefer Lulu.

The differences between the two Collector's is pretty interesting...I can't decide if I want the Lulu steelbook or plushie more.

*Reads Kotaku article*....................

So, let me get this straight:

- The plot is about 2 new characters going through time fixing up time paradoxes

-There's pointless dialogue choices that don't matter.

-It has incredibly dumb design decisions.

This.....sounds familiar......I don't like this........It reminds me of..OH NOOO!

o0600033711791326882.jpg

On one hand, loltaku.

On the other hand, I remember hearing intial reception to the Japanese release being pretty bad too.

I think I'll wait on Xillia 2.

*Reads Kotaku article*....................

So, let me get this straight:

- The plot is about 2 new characters going through time fixing up time paradoxes

-There's pointless dialogue choices that don't matter.

-It has incredibly dumb design decisions.

This.....sounds familiar......I don't like this........It reminds me of..OH NOOO!

o0600033711791326882.jpg

They did say that the story was a strength so I don't think it's gonna be as convoluted as XIII-2.

Well...if it's not as good as the first game I can always say it's better than Lightning Returns :P

I've been reading some player reviews of Xillia 2, and the basic consensus is that it's a really great game if you look at it individualistically but because Xillia exists, it suffers from problems associated with being a sequel. It's also more violent than the first game too.

I've been reading some player reviews of Xillia 2, and the basic consensus is that it's a really great game if you look at it individualistically but because Xillia exists, it suffers from problems associated with being a sequel. It's also more violent than the first game too.

Yeah, its also the first tales of game to have blood in it apparently too (heck there's even a status effect for bleeding).

Edit: nevermind my brain is farting on me again.

Don't know why but im getting some massive shadow of the colossus feelings from those screenshots.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know why but im getting some massive shadow of the colossus feelings from those screenshots.

It does, especially this particular screenshot

20140425_015017.jpg

Reminds me more of ICO specifically.

EDIT: Tales of Zestiria's second trailer is up! Someone decided to sub it.

• 1 month later...