Awoo.

ART: DanJ86 - DLC Update: Sketched Professor Zolo, Azookara, Ogilvie, Komodin, Adamis Fox 'n more

Danj86

Oh no, I got executed! Just kidding.

Wow, it's really coming on. I like how you've made all the members sort of 'pop' with colour, it's really great!

With my Birthday tomorrow, I figured I'd make an extra update with a couple of minor things regarding this big project. First up is the newly edited duo of Kamicciolo and Darkoverord.

© Kamicciolo:

kamiredux.png

© Darkoverord:

darkoverordredux.png

Concept art for the next bunch of members. With them being simple sketches, I might make some changes if there's something I'm not happy with.
batch2a.jpg

morevu.jpg

Also just finished sketching -Mark- and Gabe, but haven't scanned them yet.

This last guy is fully coloured in and was never planned to be included anyway. I was just browsing the forum, saw him and figured "Why not?"
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the SSMBs favourite form of transportation.

© Hogfather:

hypetrain.png

Edited by Dan-imeJ86
  • Thumbs Up 9

62503707.png

Is that me (AKA my Mayhem character) up there?

You sir, have just made my day! =DDDDDDD

Excellent work on the other members of SSMB as well. Can't wait to see more!

Edited by Mr. Mayhem!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is that me (AKA my Mayhem character) up there?

You sir, have just made my day! =DDDDDDD

Excellent work on the other members of SSMB as well. Can't wait to see more!

Yep, that's him.

He represents you in the project and is shown with Gregzilla, Barry The Nomad, Gabe, -Mark- and the Hype Train.

I've been away from SSMB for a week or so and plan to be away for another couple of weeks. I'm wanting to get some of my other projects moving, so I wont be updating for a while. Maybe a month or something like that...

I'm also offering an art trade if anyone is interested. I feel like trying something different between projects, so let me know if anybody is interested.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was gonna post these in my earlier post, but forgot. So here they are again, separated like all the others.

© Gregzilla:

01l2.png

© Gabe:
v4g.png

© Mayhem:

i4x.png

© Barry The Nomad:

q4m.png

-Mark- :

jmy.png

It was pretty tricky to recreate the SEGA seal that Barry has as an avatar. I ended up using a lot of gradients in various ways.

-Mark- is based on his Mii that he also uses as an avatar. The sword and shield are a reference to a 3DS game that uses a feature called streetpass. The game involves the king (You) being captured and people who you meet through streetpass becoming knights and attempting to save you through RPG-ish battles.

• Thumbs Up 5

Would it be alright if I share your Mayhem picture on my Tumblr? I love it a lot! :D

Would it be alright if I share your Mayhem picture on my Tumblr? I love it a lot! biggrin.png

Sure, go ahead. ^-^

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice coloring and backgrounds in your fully colored pics! :D I also love the Mad Ponies drawing; all of the colors seem to come together and it looks pretty solid.  You seem to have great editing skills, so I'd use those to clean up your comics a bit and try out some different fonts. ^^ But you have some real talent here, keep it going! =)

• Thumbs Up 1

Jez only JUST told me that you did this. Thank you so much for drawing me, it's really cute and very kind of you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

As always coming along nicely dude, cant wait to see your work come along further, the final result should be spectacular

• Thumbs Up 1

I gotta say, everyone looks fantastic! You've certainly put a lot of thought into everyone, and it's paid off wonderfully so far! I can't wait to see this finished, it'll look marvelous I'm sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jez? You only just told Mollfie about my picture on July 1st?? Dude!? I figured you would've told her ages ago! lol

I know I'm terrible I just kept forgetting.  Q_Q

Here is a cosplay to make up for it.

s2er.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

I was gonna post these in my earlier post, but forgot. So here they are again, separated like all the others.

© Gabe:
v4g.png

Pardon my squee, namely because nobody else has ever drawn an character of mine before, but:

CiWke.jpg

And this is why I really should check the Sonic Showcase section a lot more, I can't believe this was up for a month and I never noticed. That looks amazing, thanks a lot Dan smile.png

Edited by Yeow95
  • Thumbs Up 1

This project looks like it's going to be amazing, Dan!

I really like the whole idea of anthropomorphing folks' avatars... or having to come up with some other way to represent them if the avatar is in flux!

I wish you luck in finishing it... I know it's easier said than done!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's very nice of you to go all the way to draw our most important users together in a single image. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Duck Avenger
  • Thumbs Up 1

And this is why I really should check the Sonic Showcase section a lot more, I can't believe this was up for a month and I never noticed. That looks amazing, thanks a lot Dan smile.png

Yeah, I sometimes mention the project in a status update, but if you miss it and never enter the Showcase, then you'll never see it. I imagine they are many others featured that have no idea yet. lol

Oh, but I'd hope that they are guaranteed to see the final result. Have I actually said what this was intended for? I don't remember, but I'll say now, just in case. 

----

Also, even though real life has been troubling me as of late, I still think I'm on track for the 24th October completion date. I needed to pop back in and fix that to-do list as well. I forgot that T-Man and Wooly-san requested to be featured and I already have something I can use in mind for Discoid and a couple of possibilities for the famous Sonic artist, Adamis Fox. I also added a bunch more, because the ideas keep coming. You can check my previous post for the newly edited list.

I'm also wondering if I need to ask permission to draw some characters. Like in the case of Carbo and DJ EAR, they both have characters that are featured on their own personal websites. They are essentially, Mascots. There's also art by Sean that was commissioned by [insert member name] that kinda looks like a good visual representation of them, and would be ideal for [insert same member name]'s entry. Should I try to contact them assuming they have the time to answer my question, or do I keep trucking on regardless and hope for the best?

Could you do one for Lamor? He lurks more than he posts but he'd really appreciate it if you did one.