Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Detective Shadzter

I find this creature disturbing96800_CTRP_BZL_char19_1_R_ad.jpg

I guess this is a hint ghost or whatever theyw ere called

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Can't help but find Shadow Link the least hype thing about this game so far.

I strongly suspect him to be a minor dungeon enemy of no great importance, despite his obvious potential in a game like this.

Played the game at Nintendo On Tour at Birmingham today (was a complete surprise!) it looks really good and plays how you would expect really, I didn't really go into depth nor did I play for ages, but it seemed really solid and real fun to play

Yeah, at least for cutscenes they could've given him a better model. Though the only one where I thought he didn't look good is the scene where you see him straight from the front (The one in the preview for the UK ad). Other than that it looks fine to me.

The game itself looks awesome and I can't wait these ten days.

They should just stick with the top-down view as much as possible.  OoT3D Link looked way better, at least model-wise.

I think the trade off if this kid being a fair bit more animated. 

They should just stick with the top-down view as much as possible.  OoT3D Link looked way better, at least model-wise.

Heck, Pokémon looks better, and Pokémon hasn't looked anything more than decent since Ruby/Sapphire.

The actual models for the Pokemon look better than this game but everything else looks a fair bit worse.

They're two completely different art styles.  I really don't see how you can say one looks better or worse than the other.  Pokemon does what it needs to do really well, and so does this.

Link himself just looks like shit.

Game Informer magazine gave the game a 10/10
some highlights are

Surprised at Nintendo's willingness to shake up Zelda formulas

Loved the item rental/purchase system; makes it genuinely scary when you're about to die

Heart piece puzzles are still clever despite having access to all the items whenever you want

No more map items to grab in dungeons, layout is shown right away; doesn't dumb down the experience

Seemed to really love the turning-Link-into-a-drawing mechanic; says it forces you to look at the entire game from a different point of view instead of just solving puzzles and moving on

"As if some of the best dungeons in Zelda history weren't enough, they typically end with some of the best bosses Link has ever encountered"

Some bosses return from LttP, most are brand new

Completely free to do dungeons in whatever order, no number system or NPCs that tell you where to go next
Freeing to wander the map and explore at your leisure

World map laid out in same manner as LttP, but not copy-paste job; lots of tweaks to aid traversal and exploration

"I wouldn't change anything about this game."

GOTY 2013

Eh, without meaning to rain on anybody's parade*, this is Game Informer, here. These are the guys everyone's up-in-arms about whenever they review anything, soI suppose we'll have to wait a little longer to verify.

*I know that's a filthy lie BUT STILL

Fucking sweet.  I really was not that excited about this game, since, just like with SM3DW, the first trailer left me unimpressed and it looked to just be Zelda's New Legend.

I'm very, VERY glad that I've been wrong so much lately.  Can't wait to get this on launch day.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did they say anything about how many Heart Containers you have to collect to make a heart? I would figure it would be five now since that's the new idea they have been running with in the later Zelda games, but to keep the nostalgia it would seem they would more than likely go back to four.