Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Dude, thats a little mean, unlike the other random source Woun is actualy pretty reliable.... and a bit of a hacker, so who knows

My source, Wuntos, who originally leaked very accurate info on Sonic 2, confirmed that Woun's 2ch leak is indeed real!

6xrnd4.png

Quick! Someone post this on NeoGAF! The world needs to know!

LEGIT INFO! This is what I want to see! Although it was pretty much a given that we would get news in May (either that or no main Sonic game for another year). Now we can forget about that Sonic Excursion crap.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

I googled it. 2channel (short 2ch) is the biggest internet forum in the world.

So with the exception that probably everybody there speaks Japanese. The difference between this and some other random forum member on an English site saying 'new sonic game' is what?

It's nothing concrete obviously, but 2ch has a good reputation for genuine leaks, including the entire Smash Bros Brawl character roster, many new Pokémon, and way more.

But yeah it's still an anonymous image board like 4chan. Both sites have many genuine leaks, but they also have many hoaxes. It's hard to tell which ones are real until they actually happen! Which is the case with most "leaks" anyway really.

So who knowwwws.

Dude, thats a little mean, unlike the other random source Woun is actualy pretty reliable.... and a bit of a hacker, so who knows

It was not a jab at Woun, it was a jab at the previous "Wintos" leak. I apologize if you perceived it differently. Woun is my homie!

Edited by Tenth Doctor (XD375)
  • Thumbs Up 5

Eh, with all due respect to Woun, I'm gonna remain cautiously optimistic about it for the time being. All the rumors and hoaxes lately have officially burnt me out.

• Thumbs Up 1

This has a fair chance of being true, the only thing is it's a bit of a minor rumour. Let's be honest most people would have assumed a May reveal would be coming.

This has a fair chance of being true,

It is guess work and nothing more.

I might as well have posted "Next Sonic game announcement next month"

Whats the difference?

• Thumbs Up 1

It is guess work and nothing more.

I might as well have posted "Next Sonic game announcement next month"

Whats the difference?

What's the difference indeed. As the rest of my post said,this is a minor rumour and that most people would have already guessed a May reveal.

Sorry for so late answer. I have a play Dota 2. ww

No sooner had the then to submit source:
bk59W5H.png

It's mean: "SEGA says Sonic announce in the next month."

I think it's announce in the Japan. 

In Europe or America announcement'll probably be earlier than the Japanese.

Well... waiting info from SEGA. ;3 

It begins.......again(?)

Though I don't think I'll be boarding the hype train until then.

Sorry for so late answer. I have a play Dota 2. ww

No sooner had the then to submit source:

bk59W5H.png

It's mean: "SEGA says Sonic announce in the next month."

I think it's announce in the Japan. 

In Europe or America announcement'll probably be earlier than the Japanese.

Well... waiting info from SEGA. ;3 

Can someone please explain what this is supposed to be?

I think most of us expected SEGA to announce the game before July in some capacity so it's not much of a surprise, but it's a little reaffirmation perhaps.

Can someone please explain what this is supposed to be?

I will explain briefly what this board, on 'Japanese Sonic 2ch room or News'.

They are referred to as Sonic the Hedgehog ACT etc.

There usually leaked some info.

Edited by Woun

So it's nothing more than 'random forum member X posts something with utterly nothing to back it up?'

• Thumbs Up 2

Can we have a rule against the posting of groundless rumours? This is getting fucking ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 5

A rumor about an announcement is about the most boring thing ever.

I'd rather have dumb rumors that at least suggest something about the supposed game.

• Thumbs Up 5

Being fair to Woun here, it's actually pretty credible. As mentioned before, both 4chan and 2ch have a big history of both real and fake leaks, but 2ch's balance does tip heavily to the real stuff- just remember pretty much all the pokémon leaks in the last 10 years.

The thing that makes it credible is that 2ch leaks tend to be grounded- not so much "oh I was in an expo and have inside info" as it is "I had the chance to peek behind the counter in a shop and saw the magazine that's only coming out in 2 weeks, here's photos". And this thing certainly sounds like that- "I have a source saying the announcement comes next month". Logical enough and not hard to believe it could happen in Japan where every nerd and their mother go to 2ch.

• Thumbs Up 7

Why would Sega host the new game in Japan tho if Sonic is way more popular in the states and europe?

I'm really getting sick of these rumors too honestly because everyone jumps on the smallest rumor despite no evidence to follow it. I respect Woun for his contributions and all, but saying "Sega are going to announce new game" doesn't get me excited at all unless I know what the freaking game is or why should I give a damn about it. It could be another mobile game for all we know.

Because the game is being made in Japan, most likely? Unless I misread you, what country do you think is more likely to have someone closer to the game's production?

I mean, all I'm saying it's that it's so vague a rumour that it's actually credible by sheer fact of saying what's obvious, and coming from a place where normally these rumours are right. So no need to start lashing out at Woun or complaining about all the rumours, since as it was also previously said, it's something we knew would likely happen already- an announcement next month, maybe at E3.

The reason people jump on the leaks is because there hasn't been anything substantial in a goddamn long time. 

Why would Sega host the new game in Japan tho if Sonic is way more popular in the states and europe?

I'm really getting sick of these rumors too honestly because everyone jumps on the smallest rumor despite no evidence to follow it. I respect Woun for his contributions and all, but saying "Sega are going to announce new game" doesn't get me excited at all unless I know what the freaking game is or why should I give a damn about it. It could be another mobile game for all we know.

Minna-honto-ni. 

You think I'm interested in these rumors?

I am also much forward to the announcement from SEGA.

First game (Not Applicable (five minutes mobile game)) in general had promised to announce in February, and already in May. Announcement no.

Therefore, there are some clues that the announcement will be closer to the summer.

Believe me. I'm more interested in the game itself, not the words. 

All I could imagine, I reported. Do not try to provocations etc.

Every day I dream to see the official website or poster from new game.

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 4

it's actually pretty credible. As mentioned before, both 4chan and 2ch have a big history of both real and fake leaks, but 2ch's balance does tip heavily to the real stuff- just remember pretty much all the pokémon leaks in the last 10 years.

I mean, all I'm saying it's that it's so vague a rumour that it's actually credible by sheer fact of saying what's obvious

No it isn't. It's nothing! There is nothing here to get excited over. It's some random guy saying 'oh new Sonic game next month'

THATS IT!

Theres nothing to get excited about, theres no source for the information, we know nothing about the guy who posted it so we can't ask him why he's said that... as this gif puts it.

3a0.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering there's nothing to the rumor that isn't obvious, it also bears mentioning that there is little reason for even posting it in the first place. "A new Sonic game will be announced in the next month." Alright? Thanks for the update? What are we supposed to do with this aside from what we've been doing and wait? It's as effective as posting nothing at all.

At the same time, regardless of its source, this is still effectively acting as a rumor with no evidence currently backing up its assertions aside from some common sense. There's no need to "go off on one," so simmer down, all of you.

• Thumbs Up 4