Awoo.

Naughty Dog's Mystery Next Gen Game? "2 games, 1 dog."

Badnik Mechanic

So during an IGN video looking at Naughty Dogs 'The Last of Us' this was spotted.

tloujpg-acb7c9_800w-610x381.jpg

tlou2jpg-5ea0bf_800w-610x497.jpg

Based on whats been shown with regards to 'The Last of US' this design doesn't fit in with it at all.

Whilst Uncharted is possible, it's extremely unlikely to be that... so... new game for next gen?

Thoughts? Besides "Uncharted 1885."

Oh for those who don't know. Naughty Dog is currently split into 2 teams.

Team 1: The Last of Us.

Team 2: Unannounced Next Gen Project.

More info at IGN: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/is-this-naughty-dogs-playstation-4-game

• Thumbs Up 1

Surely Naughty Dog wouldn't be careless enough to leave a picture of characters for a brand new game in a making-of documentary. Either that or they planted that picture deliberately (not very likely).

The two characters kind of look like they are wearing pirate outfits. Could this be Naughty Dog's answer to Assassin's Creed 4....

Francis Drake spin-off

First thing that came to my mind. 

Francis Drake spin-off

Or possibly an uncharted game with some sort of flashback scene? like maybe you'd open on someone from that era hunting for something, play as them for a level or so then cut to the future with drake to pick up the story?

Maybe its a new Jak game and they just haven't drawn in the ears yet? :P

Naughty Dog kicks their franchises to the curb after about 3 games as memory serves. They left Crash after 3, ended Jak after 3 (I'm not counting spinoffs), and with Uncharted 3's release I'm sure they plan on giving it over to someone else.

It's safe to assume they'll definitely be creating something new.

Though what hand this image has in it, who knows.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Naughty Dog kicks their franchises to the curb after about 3 games as memory serves. They left Crash after 3, ended Jak after 3 (I'm not counting spinoffs), and with Uncharted 3's release I'm sure they plan on giving it over to someone else.

It's safe to assume they'll definitely be creating something new.

Though what hand this image has in it, who knows.

I think those series ending at three was more to do with the console jump, Crash was designed specifically to make the most of the ps1 software, same with Jak on ps2, wouldn't be surprised if Drake wasn't the same.

They just had the time to develop three games in a series before it was time to jump to the next platform.

Crash Bandicoot.

If only. Maybe it's a coat made of bandicoot's skin.

Seriously, looks like Uncharted.

Edited by Jango

• 1 month later...

Probably a post-release DLC.

Dear Naughty Dog,

please bring back Crash Bandicoot.

Yours Sincerely,

etc

• 4 months later...

So it might be... Uncharted 4.

http://eskimopress.com/articles/games/item/427-savage-starlight-is-not-naughty-dog-s-next-game

And... Famousmortimer who I think is the sony prophet that has gotten every single prediction right so far regarding Sony announcements has also stated in a recent podcast that the next naughty dog game is Uncharted 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST09CN-dnw8

(at 1:58:00).

Honestly, screw you ND: you have a chance to redeem yourself and you throw it out the window. I can only hope they will pick it in the future.

Dear Naughty Dog,

please bring back Crash Bandicoot.

Yours Sincerely,

etc

Activision has Crash and they don't plan on using him anytime soon.

Honestly, screw you ND: you have a chance to redeem yourself and you throw it out the window. I can only hope they will pick it in the future.

Yeah man! Because those Uncharted games! We hate them!

... ... .. ..... wait.. No we don't? Well I don't... aren't Uncharted games good?

I'm confused....

What did Naughty Dog do wrong?

I will gladly take a new Uncharted.

In fact, dare I say the announcement of Uncharted 4 might be enough to get me on the PS4 bandwagon. 

Yeah man! Because those Uncharted games! We hate them!

... ... .. ..... wait.. No we don't? Well I don't... aren't Uncharted games good?

They are just a boring rule 63 of Tomb Raider with an unfunny protagonist (that pretends to be funny), crappy annoying plots and generic TPS gameplay with little to no upgrades and waves after waves of enemies (that by the way, for some reason are always ahead of Nathan & Co.).

Making a Savage Starlight game could have brought back ND to their glorious day when they didn't need to make characters and settings super-realistic looking; i don't ask to come back to Jak and Daxter at this point since they wanted to axe the series with a reboot, but still.

Mind you of course that this is my opinion, so it's far from being an absolute.

Edited by Teoskaven

Naughty Dog is split into two teams you know?

Team 1: unannounced next Gen game (probably Uncharted 4).

Team 2: The Last of Us.

However... Team 2 is likely winding down, especially with all these random tweets regarding space that they keep putting out there lately.

I just want a new IP from them this gen. I don't want Uncharted 2 gens in a row. I'd be fine with another Uncharted, as long as there was also a new trilogy on PS4. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Naughty Dog has a tradition of having a new IP every generation to fully show off the power of the next generation; Crash for PS1, Jak for PS2, and Uncharted for PS3. Last of Us was a unique case, as that was the result of a second team at ND being formed (resluting in one of the generations best games :)).

I fully expect a new franchise to be the first ND game on PS4 hardware, and if thats not the case, then ND will fully revamp Uncharted to fully take advantage of the PS4 hardware (and mix things up; Uncharted 3 was very similar to UC2, with more flaws and wonky aiming, pulling that again on more powerful hardware reacks of lazyness).

Ether way, ND makes some fantastic games, flawed or not, so I cant wait to see what they have to unveil for the PS4 in the coming months :).