Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Amy is talking to Sonic like a normal person would. Not like an obsessed fan girl, but like a

freaking normal person! This pleases me

• Thumbs Up 8

30 MINUTE GAMEPLAY!!!!

*sees Zazz miniboss battle*

Aha, so I was actually kinda right for once! Even though the fight still looks a bit on the easy side, at least Zazzy here can take a couple more hits now. Six hits is exactly what I'd expect from an in-stage miniboss.

Now, to see if the Zone 4 battle holds up...

The video uploader said that he will put up part 2 sometime later tonight, depending on how his footage turns out or something to that effect.

Just a note, I won't be doing any cutscene translations past Desert Ruins, I don't want to spoil the game beyond that for myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqreRufrkxM

There are a lot of joke opportunities here.

Also for those wondering, to me, this is not a press embargo, this is a street date break/unathorised release of the game. Even that 33min long video, no way that is authorised.

• Thumbs Up 3

If there's one thing I'm still cautious about, it's Cindy Robinson as Amy. Clearly we're still gonna have the modern cast, but Cindy hasn't exactly been the

best Amy... she was average in Generations to me, but Free Riders and Colors DS, oh man... I hope she cuts down the high pitch a lot. Can't see that working with this personality. I'd like her to try to be a little more like Douillard, just with more emotion.

Edited by Super Boost

I'm skipping all the gameplay and just wanna watch the cutscenes, despite not wanting to be spoiled. I'm weak. Firstly, I love how Amy isn't introduced as the stupid fangirl who is in love with Sonic. She's actually one of the heroes now! She's not with them on Lost Hex, but she's still helping! I also love how the animals are just surrounding Knuckles and hugging him while he tries to act tough in front of Sonic. The only thing I dislike so far is how there's no transition cutscene from the CG cutscene to the level. At least show Sonic falling off the plane. It felt kinda... abrupt.

So... Amy and Knuckles are gonna be on Earth? And not go up to the Lost Hex? And not significantly affect the plot? And effectively remain glorified cheerleaders, only Sonic actually talks to them now?

Okay....

;n;

So... Amy and Knuckles are gonna be on Earth? And not go up to the Lost Hex? And not significantly affect the plot? And effectively remain glorified cheerleaders, only Sonic actually talks to them now?

Okay....

;n;

That's a whole lottta conjecture

Well time to avoid this topic from now on, especially since the spoiler tags don't show up in the topic preview bars 

Okay....

;n;

Taking Amy's "how is the animal-saving" line... I have hope that they're there also. She could've easily said "How're you doing on the Lost Hex". Maybe they were in the capsule? Anything? Tails repairs the Tornado and picks them up whilst Sonic's in a level? It'd be a shame to see them go to waste again...

Edited by Super Boost

I'm weak, so I'm definitely gonna watch the video D;

I'll say ahead of time that those screencaps of that cutscene are pretty cool.

Like everyone else I'm glad Amy's portrayal here is pretty good so far, not to mention Knuckles. I hope they show up on Lost Hex (assuming they aren't already) at some point, but we'll see...

Edited by ElementofChaos

PSA: More twitter/facebook/social media/random internet member X chatter suggests this is a retailer who has broken the street date.

So expect a ton of Spanish related spoilers over the weekend if thats true.

So the tents DON'T get you Chaos Emeralds? Interesting...

Yeah, they're pretty much equivalents to the Toad Houses from

Mario. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Taking Amy's "how is the animal-saving" line... I have hope that they're there also. She could've easily said "How're you doing on the Lost Hex". Maybe they were in the capsule? Anything? Tails repairs the Tornado and picks them up whilst Sonic's in a level? It'd be a shame to see them go to waste again...

The Lost World comic explains everything.

In the preview comic:

Sonic met up with Tails, Knuckles and Amy after seeing there were no Animals in Green Hill and Amy says that the only animal she found (a Picky) told her that they were taken up in "Metal Eggs" before Sonic and Tails leave in the Tornado to chase after Eggman in the sky. so... yeah, their on Earth.

So... I just Espio'd by the source of where I got this info from. 

Edited by Sparky

That's a whole lottta conjecture

That TGS trailer had a cutscene with Amy with the Miles Electric still seemingly on earth despite looking like a near-end game one.

So he may have a point.

• Thumbs Up 1

The day SEGA prevents a Sonic game from leaking before release will be the day when the world implodes upon itself.

Poor SEGA...and Game Freak.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy and Knuckles probably aren't going to go up to the Lost Hex if the TGS trailer is to be believed. Yeah we don't know where in the game that cutscene with Amy takes place, but it's probably safe to assume it's near the end of the game.

Of course it's possible it's set mid-game and the Earth being drained of all life is what causes them to go up in the first place

I don't have any problem with Amy's role, but Knuckles continues to just be that guy who hangs around with Sonic. I know at this point they're pretty much retconned his backstory out of the series, but they could at least give him a more substantial role...

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Amy and Knuckles probably aren't going to go up to the Lost Hex if the TGS trailer is to be believed. Yeah we don't know where in the game that cutscene with Amy takes place, but it's probably safe to assume it's near the end of the game.

Of course it's possible it's set mid-game and the Earth being drained of all life is what causes them to go up in the first place

I don't have any problem with Amy's role, but Knuckles continues to just be that guy who hangs around with Sonic. I know at this point they're pretty much retconned his backstory out of the series, but they could at least give him a more substantial role...

He say's he's gonna eat the Master Emerald if Eggman's not behind the animal disappearences in the preview comic. 

He say's he's gonna eat the Master Emerald if Eggman's not behind the animal disappearences in the preview comic. 

When the fuck was the preview comic released

How the fuck did I miss that ._.

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

When the fuck was the preview comic released

How the fuck did I miss that ._.

I don't think it was released yet but VEDJ-F apparently got it early or something...

I just get home, and INSTANT SPOILER?! I'm just gonna watch the cutscenes for now though.

With that said,

seeing Amy and Knuckles the way they were really made me smile. It's refreshing to see Amy so worried about the animals and not fangirling on the spot, and Knuckles getting carried off was actually kind of cute.

Also, the Deadly Six scene was neat - o too. I knew Zazz was crazy, but I didn't expect him to be so batshit. Seeing Zavok quietly observe Eggman really conveys how good of a leader he is, being ever the strategist.

Seeing the whole "animals put inside robots" thing in action is quite the nice touch IMO.

EDIT: Sheesh, spoiler tag! Do what I tell you next time.

Edited by Zavok
  • Thumbs Up 1