Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Expect a new trailer soon. There's indications to that on SEGA-Press. Gotta be the Launch trailer, I presume.

Edited by ArtFenix

Expect a new trailer soon. There's indications to that on SEGA-Press. Gotta be the Launch trailer, I presume.

Probably on launch date or tomorrow

There's already been adverts on UK tv.

I cannot contain my hype. I need this game inside my Wii U now. Hurry up Friday!

HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Edited by Wil348

It's a pretty tricky game to get accustomed to at first I'm guessing?

Though you do gotta admit though with all the tutorials and stuff that should've popped up by that point ya think he would've tried to use a couple of other things too, though honestly i think he was just messing around for the fun of it rather than playing it seriously which isn't a bad thing of course.

Some players refuse to pay attention to anything sometimes, even simple hints on how to play the game.

I think if you're going to do a lets play/walkthrough and record it for the masses you should at least get accustomed to the control settings and how the game plays before jumping head first in because "first person to upload footage ftw!" otherwise you just look stupid to the viewer, and the viewer will continue to point out how shitty you are at said game.

So I'll be able to play the 3DS version tomorrow night when it goes up on the eShop, and the Wii U version on Friday. Could be worse.

Actually it's not that hard to get used to the game.If you know what to do it's pretty easy!Like me I've watched most of the trailers and know about the parkour and other stuff,but this french guy who's uploading the game seems like he didn't even knew about the game before he even bouth it

Even though I can pretty much understand how game mechanics and physics work just by watching a video of it, I can also say that playing and watching are very different things.

Also, just because a tutorial exists doesn't mean you'll be a pro in seconds. You ever read some instructions and forgot them immediately afterward when you got to doing it? Yeah. tongue.png

uuurgh did I really just post that in this topic? Sorrryyyy

Edited by Super SpOoOokio

NL: What’s the most important message about Sonic Lost World that you want to share with Wii U and/or 3DS gamers?

Takashi Iizuka
: I feel that after buying the Wii U console, there may be certain amount of consumers whom didn’t have the chance to fully enjoy this great console yet. Sonic Lost World contains the feature and the convenience of GamePad, new enjoyment and potential using Miiverse, which allows this title to let player fully enjoy Wii U.

Not just for Sonic fan, but it is a title that has the volume and gameplay which all platform action fans would enjoy, so for players who already have Wii U, please try and enjoy this game. And please brag that you played this Wii U version.

With the 3DS, If you want to play a 3D action game, this is what I really recommend. Not just the 3D action but great cut scenes and plenty of volume, I feel this title is a “must buy” title for 3DS user.

Please enjoy this Sonic Lost World, the strange world made in 3D.

Brag about the Wii U version?

HEY SSMB! IM GETTING THE WII U VERSION. IN UR FACE

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/16/iizuka-concedes-struggle-with-early-3d-sonic/

He says there are more than 30 levels and some array of other details

'Elsewhere in the interview cited above, Iizuka states that Jack and the Beanstalk served as a major influence for Lost World, and that more than 30 levels are in-game, among an array of other details.'

Honestly when its coming to SLW, I have a couple things I am doing: 1)Not trusting reviews, other than ones from my fellow SSMB members, AFTER they have had some time to get used to the new playstyle 2) currenly midly ignoring complaints about gameplay, as it takes time for the transition to occur; 3) waiting utill I play myself to make a final verdict XD!!!

Honestly when its coming to SLW, I have a couple things I am doing: 1)Not trusting reviews, other than ones from my fellow SSMB members, AFTER they have had some time to get used to the new playstyle 2) currenly midly ignoring complaints about gameplay, as it takes time for the transition to occur; 3) waiting utill I play myself to make a final verdict XD!!!

Okay, please stop.

Of course we're going to wait to play the game ourselves before we reach the final verdict. But when most fan opinions so far state that it's flawed, is it wrong of us to feel discouraged? Or even to dial back our expectations?

Okay, please stop.

Of course we're going to wait to play the game ourselves before we reach the final verdict. But when most fan opinions so far state that it's flawed, is it wrong of us to feel discouraged? Or even to dial back our expectations?

since when are 3-d sonic game not flawed? almost every 3-D sonic game has been flawed in some shape or form, that doesnt mean we shouldnt enjoy it

• Thumbs Up 1

since when are 3-d sonic game not flawed? almost every 3-D sonic game has been flawed in some shape or form, that doesnt mean we shouldnt enjoy it

I mean "flawed to the point that it at times significantly impedes enjoyment"

Of course, I'm sure I am doomsaying too much right now, but...ech...I'm getting a little fearful D:

Maybe outside of a few levels, i don't think it'll impede too much.....

7's to 8/10 score for the game, calling it.

Edited by Narukami07

But when most fan opinions so far state that it's flawed

For every negative, I've seen two positive.

It's more that when it's negative, people pay more attention to it. And honestly, if one of the biggest complaints is gyro controls even though you have ANALOG STICKS as an option, I'm not going to care.

Edited by Autosaver

I want to throw something out there. The game is much more fun to play than it is to watch. I made this verdict when I played it back at PAX, played 6 levels. I had seen those six levels before, but they were much more fun to play than they were to watch, I discovered. They felt different than I had expected, and I had much more fun playing them than I had expected from all the videos done of them before PAX.

The streamer, the actual person playing, seemed to have really enjoyed the game, outside of some rough difficulty spikes. I think that speaks more to me than those that watch as I feel this game is a game more fun playing than watching.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just a little update about how the wisps work in this game... Drill and Lazer works with both motion control and traditional control, while the Eagle, Rhythm and Asteroid requires motion control in order to operate those powers.