Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Looks like I'll have to ask for a Wii U this Christmas, if this game is out during that period. Surpised it's not on PS3/Xbox 360. Well it's Sonic Colours deja vu, on a Nintendo System lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

They'll most likely outsource it to Dimps again.

I might trade in my Wii to help get a Wii U. Need to get permission from the folks first!

Wow, Sega. Now I should wait ANOTHER 2 years (how I'm tired of that) *sign* for a game. Cause I'm not getting a Wii U just for this. You made my day, Sega. Really dissapointed.

But I should admit, it looks damn impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

I supported your fucking games on my Genesis, on my Dreamcast, on my PS2 and now on my PS3. And now you're gonna kick me in the balls by slowly turning Sonic into a Nintendo IP. Well, thanks, SEGA.

So you missed out on supporting Sonic where he was most prelevant? On Nintendo products through the GBA, Gamecube, DS, Wii and 3DS?

He's kinda been Nintendo's personal underdog for a long time running. Colours selling more on just the Wii than all four of the Generations versions together is living proof of that, and now he's actually being worked on personally by Nintendo along Sonic Team. It's not that much of a surprise, once you get past the oldschool rivalry shock.

Well it's not like Sonic isn't already homogenized with Nintendo properties as is. A majority of all Sonic sales stem from them, and while one could make the case that they're locking out a base that isn't on there, your second sentence sums it up rather well. It's an extended deal with Sega, so much like Bayonetta 2 it's possible that Nintendo will treat the property with utmost care.

Still disappointing for me as a fan of the franchise.

I'm not really very interested in the Wii U, or any Nintendo property at the moment, and given that Sonic and Nintendo IP's are the only things worth getting on the system, it doesn't look like I'll be getting one for the foreseeable future. Which basically means, I have to miss out on dem Sonic games for as long as Nintendo holds on to the Sonic franchise.

I hope though, that this game and/or future games, go by the way of Rayman Legends, in that it becomes multiplatform (NOT randomly and pointlessly getting delayed) later down the line.

'eh, I just got a 360, not likely to get a new console anytime soon. But the next one will be a Wii U for sure. And mostlikely I will have i before this game is out, so this is pretty cool.

I'm really not sure what to make of this, though. We only have one image to go by. Hopefully it'll turn out interesting. It would be cool if it is made up of lost stages from past games, but I'm not so sure about that.

Well, I was hoping for a PC release, however what I do see from this is that Sega sees that the Wii-U could use a boost, and with the proper support could get an edge on the other consoles, and are not nessecarily against nintendo. That being sy I do hope for something on the PC soon since the only 'new' consoles I am getting soon is old sega ones XD

No, Nintendo's running a program in which programmers and other people from Nintendo help other companies develop games. SEGA is just one of these, and this will be the first Sonic product by both SEGA -and- Nintendo working together.

However you look at this, it's going to be a big landmark in the Sonic series.

Oh I see. Yeah, that is quite profound...

Still it doesn't mean Sonic isn't Sonic anymore. It just means the games are only on one console, a bit like how Oddworld games were once exclusive to Microsoft. It's annoying I guess but I suppose it will help boost WiiU sales from all the Sonic fans out there! :D

If I am honest, the news about the new Xbox means I haven't even decided which of the next gen consoles I would even want to get! :D This might push me towards the WiiU a tad more... but being a poor student, I'm not sure...

Alright, time to point out level tropes;

I see Ice level, Desert level, Lava Level, and green hill level.

It also looks like there might be a sky/cloud level with the smaller clouds near the lava/smoke at the back.

The hexagonal patterning is intriguing. I hope this isn't a Sonic and Tails-only adventure again though...

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 1

HYPE TRAIN WON'T FUCKING STOP!!!!! Now I'm glad that I got my Wii U. Am I the only one getting a Super Mario Galaxy feel to this?

It also look like there might be a sky/cloud level with the smaller clouds near the lava/smoke at the back.

The hexagonal patterning is intriguing. I hope this isn't a Sonic and Tails-only adventure again though...

If they let Tails be playable, it'd be alright with me I guess. 

Though, Rawrs told me that it's confirmed that all the direct games were summer and spring games. At least by September 21. I'm sure this can't be the case with this game considering how Sonic games usually get out on November and are hyped for at least 5 months ishhh... right?

The screenshot itself gives me mixed feelings. It looks interesting, but that's really it. I have to see some gameplay beyond a teaser before I make any judgements about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

ani-gant-fist.gif

SO MUCH SALT

I could make mile high pillars out of the salt I'm seeing here!

So was ASRT the final PS3 and 360 Sonic title? Because if thats the case, I'm sad that 2013 offers up nothing in terms of new Sonic games for those systems. Generations would be the final 360/PS3 Sonic game. :(

Which means no major SEGA boxed game should be expected for those consoles moving forward?

---

Don't get me wrong, glad to see a new Sonic game announced. But being a Wii U exclusive, and the fact that the 360 and PS3 are winding down, makes me realize that this could be the end of boxed SEGA games on current gen consoles.

I could make mile high pillars out of the salt I'm seeing here!

I'm salty now, but in a few hours my 3DS will help me get over it.

The 3DS version better not have DIMPS involved or I will rage. :|

Gimme a 3D 3DS Sonic, darn it!

• Thumbs Up 9

I didn't think about it much before, but others are right in that a focused effort from SEGA on one system and their assistance in developing could drastically improve the games' quality.

Buut I still think that's a bit of a conclusion to jump to, I really don't think Iwata necessarily confirmed a long-term exclusitivity. Why is everyone assuming that Sonic won't be on other systems for a long time?

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a nice big juicy version of the screenshot from Nintendo with the words "only on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS" to really rub it in :P

942104_459070804167659_2082302830_n.png

• Thumbs Up 1