Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games

Woun

I wonder if this one will have a story mode. With voice acting perhaps?

It would be a welcome change for variety.

Unfortunately I'm predicting we'll only get a story mode on the 3DS, as is standard by this point.

Then again spinoff plots can be kind of weird... Playstation Move Heroes anyone?

It would be a welcome change for variety.

Unfortunately I'm predicting we'll only get a story mode on the 3DS, as is standard by this point.

Then again spinoff plots can be kind of weird... Playstation Move Heroes anyone?

I thought they haven't confirmed a 3DS Version. if this is WiiU exclusive, I hope they mix the best of both versions of these games in it. This includes Story.

I hope they don't screw up the events for the 3DS version like the last 3DS outing.

Limiting events to certain characters blew.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope they don't screw up the events for the 3DS version like the last 3DS outing.

Indeed. Even I couldn't believe it when I had to report it back to you guys. 

Indeed. That's the main reason why I didn't bother picking up that version -- denying me the opportunity to play, say, Dr. Eggman Prancing Like A Schoolgirl With A Ribbon on the go is simply unacceptable!

• Thumbs Up 2

We're all talking about a 3DS version... but when was it ever confirmed? As far as I'm aware only a Wii U version has been revealed. Or are we all just jumping to conclusions and assumptions?

To be fair we have no actual evidence that there will be a 3DS version, but all the other M&S titles were console and handheld so I think it is pretty safe to assume, but I'm not saying that it is a definite.

I'll probably end up getting this. My sister loved Winter and London. Graphics look decent. Hope some new characters are added, though. Like the referees. Their current roles can easily be filled by Chao, Flickies, Goombas etc.

Edited by MarcelloF

Well Speed Highway has made the cut for the dream events. Can't wait to see seaside hill for the millionth time in a row.

Were the London games good? I skipped that one sadly.

Wii Ver: I liked it better than the First M&S, but it had nothing on Winter Olympics.Mini-games were not as fun IMO. 3DS: 3DS ver. had a nice plot, but limiting each event to certain characters was just a dumb move.

Well, it would be stupid to not add any of the bosses/rivals from the past 2 entries. I think the most significant ones should be playable.

In terms of events, they shouldn't makes the events carbon copies of M&S 2010.

I have a feeling the Deadly Six will be bosses or something. If not that, make small appearances here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

Up and down and all around!

Gotta say I'm definitely liking their use of old stages... it's a way to make use of nostalgia as a selling point without cluttering the main titles with it.

Two new pieces of artwork:

9016424149_d3f4a671a7_o.jpg

9016426023_cd8369199b_o.jpg

Guess we can confirm the title as Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 then.

• Thumbs Up 7

Two new pieces of artwork:

9016424149_d3f4a671a7_o.jpg

9016426023_cd8369199b_o.jpg

Guess we can confirm the title as Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 then.

And here we thought the last title was a ridiculous wordsalad.

Eggman looks like a guy who is thinking to himself "Fuck this, I'm bailing at the first turn."

• Thumbs Up 3

Fact sheet:

Mario and Sonic go for the gold!

Join Mario and Sonic and the rest of your favorite characters as they team up and compete in events at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.

FEATURES:
• Experience realistic events from the Winter Games, including curling, skiing, figure skating pairs and snowboard slopestyle, which will make its Olympic Games debut inSochi, Russia.
• In addition to these realistic events, the game also includes Dream Events set in the worlds of Sonic and Mario that let players perform dynamic moves not possible in real life. For example, experience the adrenaline rush of Winter Sports Champion Race, a mixed event that combines skiing, snowboarding, skating and bobsleigh in a single race.
• The Wii U GamePad controller and the first use of Wii Remote Plus functionality in the series offers greater depth of control and intuitive game play that immerses players in each event.

Platform: Wii U
Genre: Sports
Players: 1 – 4
Rating: RP (Rating Pending) –
Launch Date: November 2013
Developer: SEGA
Suggested Retail Price: TBA

Who wants some high quality renders!

Game logo:

Logo_EN_-_Mario_%26_Sonic_Wii_U.png

Mario & Sonic:

WiiU_MarioSonic_char01_E3.png

Eggman/Metal Sonic/Bowser/Bowser Jr.:

WiiU_MarioSonic_char02_E3.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my God, this game looks so much better than SLW! Sorry for bringing it up again but it's just what I think. This game really does look amazing!

And I can still play as my favorites Shadow, Metal, Silver, Blaze and other characters.. *sob..* at least in that kind of game I can still play as them.

Lol, even the new Mario game has 4 playable characters. And nobody's afraid of them sucking because the developers actually try and do their best to make all 4 of them equally enjoyable.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering this series prints money, I'm surprised we didn't see more information out of this game. I expected a trailer or something...

My biggest hope for this go round is that they add more characters, even if its only a few. I really don't know why the didn't go that route for the last outing, and its not like they don't have a few character models sitting around begging to be used...