Awoo.

Nintendo Exclusive for Next Three Sonic Games

Sapphire the Hedgehog

And look at that sweet ride! Man. Why did we not get that in All-Stars Racing?

Oh come on, it isn't super-sweet enough that he has a pedal car that sounds like an engine because of how fast he pedals? D:

With Sonic being an exclusive to Nintendo, I don't think I'll have much reason to buy a PS4 any time soon.  Not unless they do something meaningful with the Little Big Planet franchise.

I don't plan on buying any of the new consoles until at least the end of 2014. So, I'll be able to get Lost World and Sochi for cheap and get the third title when it comes out. I know it'll be hard to hold off of them, and being on here doesn't help, but I have missed out on so many Wii and PS3 games because of their prices, so I need to catch up before I buy another system.

With Platinum and Sonic on board, it's looking more attractive. Now I need another F-Zero and Starfox again...

I think after the... well so so sales of generations, compare to the sales of Colors and Sonic Racing for the Wii U.... they see the money on Nintendo systems more to the Microsoft and Sony. I get it... people love Sonic on there systems because of the better engine and graphics but Sega needs the money to, and they will go to where they can make more. Sadly the fanbase on the other systems do not like Sonic as much. Will always be that way.

This is interesting (and I don't know if it's new, but...)

The german Press release of Sonic Lost World by Nintendo states:

Heute enthüllten sie weitere Details zum zweiten von insgesamt drei Titeln, die die beiden Videospielunternehmen exklusiv für Wii U und Nintendo 3DS herausbringen werden.

Ale drei Spiele erscheinen noch in diesem Jahr.

Translation: Today, they (Sega) revealed further details of the second of three titles, which the two companies will release exclusively on Wii U and 3DS.  All three games will be released this year.

This year, huh? So...could it really be the rumored Mario & Sonic Racing game, or is it just a port?

(Source, btw: https://www.spindash.de/pressemitteilungen-mit-neuen-informationen-zu-lost-world/6554/ )

Or a digital title. Or something completely different.

Also, it could very well be referring to within this fiscal year.

This is interesting (and I don't know if it's new, but...)

The german Press release of Sonic Lost World by Nintendo states:

Translation: Today, they (Sega) revealed further details of the second of three titles, which the two companies will release exclusively on Wii U and 3DS.  All three games will be released this year.

This year, huh? So...could it really be the rumored Mario & Sonic Racing game, or is it just a port?

(Source, btw: https://www.spindash.de/pressemitteilungen-mit-neuen-informationen-zu-lost-world/6554/ )

News'd.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/nintendo-germany-all-three-nintendo-exclusive-sonic-games-coming-this-year/

Thanks! I've credited you for the translation and the find. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, you're in the UK, aren't you?

As far as I know, it's constantly on sale there.

You think being on sale means that it's cheap?

You are clearly not familiar with the UK.

• Thumbs Up 6

That's very, very exciting! It does beg the question as to what the third game may be then. If it's this calendar year, it couldn't possible be another retail game. They'd be cannibalising sales of Lost World by over saturating the market with Sonic games. It could very well be a download title instead. Although if it's this fiscal year then it could be anything. 

It's interesting to see that this partnership with Nintendo could be over so soon too. 

I thought M & S was getting released next year? Maybe by the end of the fiscal year?

The console versions at least are always released the year before the Olympics take place.

I thought M & S was getting released next year? Maybe by the end of the fiscal year?

In addition to what VEDJ said, they were announced in the Nintendo Direct about games come this year. It definitely didn't mean fiscal year.

Ah thank God. I'm sorta glad this partnership only runs this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was pretty obvious the whole thing was of games this year/next year. Hence why I couldn't understand why everyone kept bringing up the NEXT M&S Olympics title which wouldn't be for two years away.

I'm kinda hoping the next game is a separate Sonic platforming title based more on the lines of past Sonic gameplay styles like Colors/Generations, perhaps with more characters added (other than Boost gameplay anyway, that's just TOO fast). But I expect to get another Riders or racing title instead.

EDIT: And yes, just because its only this year at this point does NOT mean it won't continue later. Although I highly doubt they're abandoning Sony/Microsoft all-together, I do feel they may focus a lot more on Nintendo rather than Sony/Microsoft.

Edited by JaidynReiman

I only thought it was coming out next year since other websites were saying that shortly after the Nintendo direct.

What Frogging said.

But, hey, Frogging, there's a huge difference. I freaking love this game so far and it may as well become my all-time most favourite video game.

On the other hand, you most prolly don't care about M&S and you don't really like the approach with this game so you're not missing something you like.

So yeah, I missed the Dreamcast, Genesis eras. After 06, I was just catching up on all the games. Maybe you could do that till the deal is done?

Just my advice really.

I now wonder if the 3rd exclusive is that racing crossover that people were talking about earlier.

With this recent news, I feel that there's a higher chance that the Mario Kart/Sonic All Stars crossover is that last title, which would be fine with me.

Or we can get a boring title like Sonic 4 Episode 3. =P

Edited by canderson

I didn't think the partnership would last all that long to be honest (although I didn't expect them to announce another game so soon).

I wonder if a game for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC is being developed alongside Lost World, and if that would share the same style or go in a different direction.

Edited by Pawn

TBH I would have preffered Sonic to be exclusive to Wii U and 3DS for a longer period of time. Why? Because i'm a greedy bastard and I want to play each and every new Sonic game as they come out without having to buy every single console. Also personally I just happen to think that Sonic suits Nintendo consoles like a glove.

Edited by Fourth Doctor

I wonder if a game for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC is being developed alongside Lost World, and if that would share the same style or go in a different direction.

Surely that would break the terms of the deal? *shrug*

Surely that would break the terms of the deal? *shrug*

The deal only means that the next three games will be released exclusively on the Wii U. So anything set to be released after could be on any console.

Edited by Pawn

If the games do well I wouldn't mind them working together for an indefinite period.

I wouldn't mind that as well but I would REALLY like to see how a Sonic game turns out on the PS4/Xbox One...I'm guessing that game will be Sonic's 25th anniversary game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do hope the WiiU gets the anniversary game, I'm suck if missing them and the cool extras they give away because I don't own the right console :/