Awoo.

Nintendo Exclusive for Next Three Sonic Games

Sapphire the Hedgehog

Oh cool, the partnership ends this year.

Maybe next year we will have a new Sonic PS4/XBone game.

Lost World didn't really clicked with me after that trailer but I found the bad guys kinda cool but also a bit cliché design wise.

Well, at least after this year I can expect to play a new Sonic game, I guess.

I do hope the WiiU gets the anniversary game, I'm suck if missing them and the cool extras they give away because I don't own the right console :/

The Wii U is actually capable of getting the anniversary title with the PS4 and XONE but it wouldn't be as detailed.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

I actually imagine a lot of what happens next will depend on how Lost World and its new controls are received. If Sega sticks with a more basic looking, but bigger and more interactive style, then hardware beyond the Wii U might not even matter. I imagine the only reason Generations Wii never happened was because they decided to make Colours a test game for Generations instead.

If all the exclusive games are coming out this year, then it's hardly any different to what happened in 2007, except this time there isn't a single additional exclusive to an even more scarce console. 

Turns out: The statement was wrong, Nintendo Germany corrected themselves.

"The statement about Sega and Nintendo releasing all three games, (...) this year was wrong. Two of the three games don't have a release date yet."

It also states that only Sonic Lost World certainly comes out this year.

I'm actually kind of glad the partnership lasts a little longer than we thought.

https://www.spindash.de/ups-nintendo-korrigiert-pressemitteilung/6569/

• Thumbs Up 2

Turns out: The statement was wrong, Nintendo Germany corrected themselves.

"The statement about Sega and Nintendo releasing all three games, (...) this year was wrong. Two of the three games don't have a release date yet."

It also states that only Sonic Lost World certainly comes out this year.

I'm actually kind of glad the partnership lasts a little longer than we thought.

https://www.spindash.de/ups-nintendo-korrigiert-pressemitteilung/6569/

Do we have a known release date for Sochi 2014?

Guess it depends on the reception of these games to see if this partnership continues.

Do we have a known release date for Sochi 2014?

It'll defo be out for the holiday season I should think.

But the article apparently says Lost World is the only one coming out this year, but we already know that's wrong.

Ah, I'm please with this! I'm happy that the partnership will continue into next year at least. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Seems like the controversy will continue on longer then we thought.............I'm fine with this though since I'll be getting a Wii-U in November and I already have a 3DS.

Edited by Chaos Warp

But the article apparently says Lost World is the only one coming out this year, but we already know that's wrong.

Well we don't, since Mario & Sonic hasn't been confirmed for this year, it's just a (very) educated guess. The article says we only know one of them will be out this year, there's still a chance the other two could be out this year.

Edited by SuperLink

No, it says SLoW is the only one confirmed for this year. Sochi still hasn't a date. It's likely this year, but technically unconfirmed.

• Thumbs Up 4

If anything I feel that Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 will be released alongside Sonic Lost World and the new 3d Mario to sort of bridge the two franchises together this fall in a sense, while the 3rd game will release early to mid summer next year to get ready for whatever the team working on the multiplatform Sonic game will show off next year. 

If anything I'm excited, I would rather the deal last longer then just a year as that would be almost too many games coming out at once. This way they can stretch it out over a period of time into next year for the next big Sonic title after Lost World. The Sonic hype train keeps a rollin and a rollin. laugh.png

Edited by LordMetallix

I really want them all out this year and get the exclusivity out of the way. I will continue to hope.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Three games in one year did sound like a rush if it does turn out to be true. I am curious as to what the 3rd game could turn out to be.

So it seems lost world and M&S 2014 ARE the only ones coming out this year with this mystery third title coming sometime next year. This arrives from RichIGN via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/341688884402454528

Been busy but just re-confirmed with SEGA that the 'third' Sonic game in Nintendo's three-game deal will not arrive in 2013.
Edited by Liam The Animator

Perfect just as I had hoped, at least that means something to look forward to for next year that we know is on the horizon that is.

Edited by LordMetallix
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thank god. I was getting worried that we may have gotten some rush out title. There's no way they could get 3 Sonic games this holiday season without something going wrong. They need to take their time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does beg the question of what the mystery third Sonic game is, a main title? A spinoff? Another crossover with Mario? Could be anything.

I'm still under the impression that it most likely could be the Mario and Sonic Kart thing. I'm a little doubtful of another exclusive main title game though. It could happen, but I'm doubting it atm. I'm guessing a release for this third mystery title could be summer or fall next year.

That's nice to hear.

Now they can put more time and effort with that last title, whether it's a mainstream title or not.

Afterwards, hopefully we'll receive games on all 3 consoles.

Where is this Mario & Sonic Kart rumor coming from?

It'd be nice to have the same kind of speed, control and attention to detail from S&ASR/T and the zaniness, legacy and talent of Mario Kart together in the same game. If, y'know, this was real.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Where is this Mario & Sonic Kart rumor coming from?

It'd be nice to have the same kind of speed, control and attention to detail from S&ASR/T and the zaniness, legacy and talent of Mario Kart together in the same game. If, y'know, this was real.

I guess it all came from S0Ls twitter, where he put something like "I wonder who would win a race" and then someone suggested "Sonic vs Crash Kart Racing?" (I dont remember well) and then he replied with something like "I think he has bigger rivalries" so that might be what prompted everyone to think of Sonic in Mario Kart or Mario and Sonic Kart.