Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

That level is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

It probably would have been better to cut the long levels in the Wii U/3DS versions (Instead of 6-7 minute levels, have 3-4 minute levels) and make each world have a couple more stages.

Imagine losing your last life at the 6 minute mark.

I never came anywhere near seeing the Game Over screen on 3DS, they utterly chuck lives at you, unlike the Wii U version.  It may as well have infinite.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wouldn't say that even the speed stages are good past WH. For example, this stage was was pure hell. The layout is poor, and the controls just make it worse:

It's "pure hell" if you don't know how to use the parkour and/or the Ivory Lighting. In my opinion, the overall level was pretty well designed, my only complaint is the amount of "Destroy X amount of X enemie to proceed" they added, especially those super-turtles, but it wasn't that of a problem since you can homing attack three enemies in a row and you have a fully-charged homing attack, but still, it's kind of pace-breaking =/.

Oh well, so I would say this stage is what you get from mixing Tropical Coast 3 &Lava Mountain 2 (WII U), Silent Forest, and Parkour.

Edited by Dan a hed

Unless you want to completely avoid gameplay spoilers, watch a video of Frozen Factory Act 3, as that's without a doubt the most hated "puzzle stage" within the community.  If it looks tolerable or even fun to you, you probably won't have any problems.  Bare in mind pretty much every zone has one unusual (usually slower paced) act like this, as oppose to Windy Hill 1's speedy gameplay.

Also, make sure to go in with a very open mind for the gyro controls.  You will have no fun unless you embrace them fully and are able to play in a space where you can move your whole body up and down and all around (at least to play the special stages, in-level gyro controls merely require turning the 3DS like a steering wheel).

I've seen all of the gameplay. To me, the game looks very gimmicky.

The stage design also looks bad too. Frozen Factory 3 looks like a nightmare.

I'm gonna skip it.

It's "pure hell" if you don't know how to use the parkour and/or the Ivory Lighting. In my opinion, the overall level was pretty well designed, my only complaint is the amount of "Destroy X amount of X enemie to proceed" they added, especially those super-turtles, but it wasn't that of a problem since you can homing attack three enemies in a row and you have a fully-charged homing attack, but still, it's kind of pace-breaking =/.

Oh well, so I would say this stage is what you get from mixing Tropical Coast 3 &Lava Mountain 2 (WII U), Silent Forest, and Parkour.

Yeah, along with sky road 3 I actually really like this stage and like you said its only bad if you haven't gotten used to the controls yet (which you should have by now, I mean heck its the second to last zone) though I will admit that using the side step for like the first time in this whole game did take some getting use to but nothing game breaking.

Silent Forest 2 actually looks fun as hell to me. Frozen Factory 3 looks tedious, but probably something I'll be able to overcome with enough patience.

• Thumbs Up 1

Silent Forest 2 actually looks fun as hell to me. Frozen Factory 3 looks tedious, but probably something I'll be able to overcome with enough patience.

Yeah, frozen factory 3 gets a whole lot better when you know how to go about speeding it.

Why does Silent Forest look so unfinished in this version? Seriously that background and the generic blue rails reek of laziness. It looks like they just stopped caring at this point. Edit my mistake, only zone 2 looks this bad.

Edited by sjmaster92
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NS3txkfeFBo

Since when did Dimps start giving Motobugs Red Bull?

• Thumbs Up 4

Why does Silent Forest look so unfinished in this version? Seriously that background and the generic blue rails reek of laziness. It looks like they just stopped caring at this point. Edit my mistake, only zone 2 looks this bad.

They probably made them blue specifically to make sure they popped out and were easily identifiable in comparison to the background.  While viney green rails would have been more appropriate they might have been harder to read, especially on a small screen.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NS3txkfeFBo

Since when did Dimps start giving Motobugs Red Bull?

It's just moving around the new gravitational force created by the lightning shield. Nothing out of the ordinary here."

Heheh

Alright time for another one of my impression on my current status in the 3DS version

Tropical Coast 2:

I liked this level a lot in my initial test run of it. But the section were you had to defeat the badniks got annoying at the point where I had to destroy that ball with fireballs around it. Every time I would get hit by it and I would get pretty mad. Then I tried a kick somersault and the fire ball problem was solved. After that it made this level way more enjoyable to me and I like it a lot now.

Tropical Coast 3:

I have a love/hate relationship with this level. First off the Drill Wisp is not made for 3D gameplay. I would move up and it when down. It took and is still taking me a lot to get use to using it. That is my hate for the level. But I love the small sections were I can free roam around underwater in 3D. I don't know if the Wii U version give you that option. I love the Mach speed section over the tube of water and I really like but still have to get use to going up the whirlpool with the Drill Wisp.

Tropical Coast Boss:

Master Zik was to be honest a very interesting and sort of difficult boss. The control are a little tough here sense trying to move left stops you it your track when you are upside down. I liked that he had those fruits as a defense mechanism. Interesting that the Drill wisp can sort of give you an insta-kill.

Tropical Coast 3:

I have a love/hate relationship with this level. First off the Drill Wisp is not made for 3D gameplay. I would move up and it when down. It took and is still taking me a lot to get use to using it. That is my hate for the level.

You can invert/uninvert the Drill Wisp controls by pressing the L button, as stated in a Hint Ring in the level.
  • Thumbs Up 3

You can invert/uninvert the Drill Wisp controls by pressing the L button, as stated in a Hint Ring in the level.

Yeah, I have tried that but sometimes its a little uncomfortable.

Yeah, I have tried that but sometimes its a little uncomfortable.

You only have to tap it to switch, you don't need to hold it down.

I will say they could've done with an on-screen display that flashes up when you switch, just to give the player feedback.  Kinda like how Mario 3D Land presents an icon when you switch between the two 3D display styles to show which is selected.

Alright time for another one of my impression on my current status in the 3DS version

Tropical Coast 2:

I liked this level a lot in my initial test run of it. But the section were you had to defeat the badniks got annoying at the point where I had to destroy that ball with fireballs around it. Every time I would get hit by it and I would get pretty mad. Then I tried a kick somersault and the fire ball problem was solved. After that it made this level way more enjoyable to me and I like it a lot now.

Tropical Coast 3:

I have a love/hate relationship with this level. First off the Drill Wisp is not made for 3D gameplay. I would move up and it when down. It took and is still taking me a lot to get use to using it. That is my hate for the level. But I love the small sections were I can free roam around underwater in 3D. I don't know if the Wii U version give you that option. I love the Mach speed section over the tube of water and I really like but still have to get use to going up the whirlpool with the Drill Wisp.

Tropical Coast Boss:

Master Zik was to be honest a very interesting and sort of difficult boss. The control are a little tough here sense trying to move left stops you it your track when you are upside down. I liked that he had those fruits as a defense mechanism. Interesting that the Drill wisp can sort of give you an insta-kill.

No underwater freedom in the Wii U, I know it sucks also the wisp one hit kill or less hit kills on bosses is a lot like colors with the bosses after beating them once.

So, how much of the green material would you say you need for the game? Been playing tons of the Demo and have like 700 pieces of it :P so I doubt I'll need it for a while when I transfer to the full game!

So, how much of the green material would you say you need for the game? Been playing tons of the Demo and have like 700 pieces of it tongue.png so I doubt I'll need it for a while when I transfer to the full game!

Not too much actually and you'll be getting tons more when you actually start the game so...

Does anyone know any good ways of farming Silver Materials? I'm currently replaying Zeena's boss on Hard Mode which gets me 5 every 1.5 minutes - anything better?

I just checked out the demo last night. I positively adore the controls of this game. It's not perfect; I often overshoot my jumps, so I wish Sonic had more weight to him. Aside from that, this is the closest that Sonic has ever felt to controlling like a proper 3D platformer character, as opposed to a racecar or finicky slingshot as in the case of the Adventure games or Heroes. They pretty much got how Sonic should feel in a 3D environment down pat, and it only took them 15 fucking years.

Level design was okay. I played act 1 a bunch of times simply because I fucking love how the controls are in this game. I might pick this game up soon-ish, but it's still not top priority.

• Thumbs Up 4

^ I assume you're referring to the Wii U demo?

DS discussion thread. Most likely he was talking the 3ds demo.

If he's talking about smooth controls, he must be talking about the 3DS version.

Does anyone know any good ways of farming Silver Materials? I'm currently replaying Zeena's boss on Hard Mode which gets me 5 every 1.5 minutes - anything better?

The capsule at the end of multiplayer races have all kinds of material, it's an easy way to farm them.

• Thumbs Up 3