Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

The next episodes' titles, "Rising Tides/Crashing Skies", kinda implies that Lapis Lazuli (and Jasper, by proxy) might return. Since this is a two-part episode, do you think that this could happen?
  • Thumbs Up 1

If she (they) do, then it won't be good. Isn't the downside of having two Gems fusing together is that they could potentially lose their identities if fused for too long? So who knows what the new personality for their fusion will be like since it's probably been a while since the invasion for them to be together for that long. I'm thinking something like what Zugullite (can't spell that name right, apologies) was like. Two different personalities clashing to create one destructive being. 

Oh, nevermind. It's just a 15-minute episode. The slash in the title tripped me up--gosh, I'm blind.

Also, man, Ronaldo's such a big kook.

The official Tumblr page for Keep Beach City Weird just posted this:

http://keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com/post/121706137151/fattysenpai-keepbeachcityweird-ive-been-up

It's a picture of a video screen (it's still a picture, though), and the text is this:

keepbeachcityweird: I’ve been up for 36 hours straight, but it’s finally finished!  My investigative documentary investigating the truth about the enemies and heroes of Beach City is online!  It’s called: RISING TIDES/CRASHING SKIES: DANGER ON THE BOARDWALK: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MOST DANGEROUS BOARDWALK: A KBCW INVESTIGATIVE DOCUMENTARY. And the truth will SHOCK YOU!!! Click the link above to watch the entire thing on TubeTube!  And rate, like and subscribe please!

fattysenpai: You forgot the link

keepbeachcityweird: Oh NO!  I posted it as a photo and not a video.  Hold on, I’m gonna fix this.

Pretty standard episode that reinforces Renaldo's character while also catching people up on what happened in Jail Break from the perspective of the citizens.

It was interesting for them to bring up the argument that the Gems are a detriment to the safety of Beach City, but it's resolved pretty quickly as people not caring as much in light of their lives or liking them too much to complain, thus it can't really be counted on to be a running conflict for the rest of the show. All in all, it was okay.

Tomorrow though, we get Kindergarten antics. I expect a double dose of banaynays.

Ronaldo becoming a blubbering crybaby in front of the Gems house along with the awful editing were hilarious and the fact that Onion is classified as ????. Kinda hope we get to know more about that silent weird kid.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh episode, this character is good for short bursts but not a whole episode

The episode was okay. Pretty underwhelming, though, after last week's ep.

And the moral of the story is that no one learned anything.  Surprising no one, a Ronaldo episode went nowhere.  Garnet was funny, though.

This episode was great.

Pearl was most likely talking about herself in You'd Do It for Him, right? That brings up a point when she says "Deep down, you know: You weren't built for fighting" then, because it makes you wonder what exactly Pearls WERE being made for back in the kindergarten. I would think that it would be for tech repairs/building as Pearl has a knack for that sort of thing, so it would be interesting to see that brought up in future episodes.

I'd also like for the show to delve into Pearl's devotion for Rose and why she is so obsessed with Rose the way she is. It's obvious that Pearl had some sort of a crush on Rose (the "Life after the war" line from You'd Do It for Him doesn't help) so it would be interesting to delve into that as well.

Pearl's ability to interface with the space hand suggests she started more like an older, uh, model of whatever peridot is.

Well, that was underwhelming.

Also, I just realized that Atticus Shaffer voices Peedee. Did not realize that before.

The next episodes' titles, "Rising Tides/Crashing Skies", kinda implies that Lapis Lazuli (and Jasper, by proxy) might return. Since this is a two-part episode, do you think that this could happen?

Aaand the exact opposite(?) happened. I bet they titled it that on purpose. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaand the exact opposite(?) happened. I bet they titled it that on purpose. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Meh, I'm sure they'll return eventually. Beside, the episode did have something to do with them, anyway.

Speaking of, today's episode was... certainly an eye-opener, huh?

Shiiiiiiiit......

That Gem-chimera thingy is right next to the Cat Fingers and Frybo episodes in terms of disturbing stuff in this show. And since it was made up of different cracked-up Gems, I can't imagine the pain and suffering each one must be feeling being so forcibly fused together like that. If they can still feel anything after getting shattered to pieces, that is. Just really sick stuff.

We also got to see Peridot again. Curious as to what she got from the Kindergarten and how she'll get back to Homeworld if she's trying to get back. Whatever she got, I get the feeling it's way worse than what we just witnessed.

Yeah, not gonna lie: seeing Garnet so visibly shaken by that Gem-chimaera like that, to the point of

splitting apart, was quite effective. It's kind of like seeing your usually calm and collected parent react to a loved one's death.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuck is wrong with Homeworld gems?

Great to see Peridot alive and kicking again, and her bit with Steven was amusing.

But man, the body part chimera was creepy and disgusting, and clearly Garnet thought so too considering she was absolutely terrified, almost unfusing. But... why? Why do this? What is with the carelessness and callousness when it comes to fusion? Seems to me that not only do Homeworld gems not care about life, but they don't even value the autonomy of themselves, which makes me curious about their nature as creations and bots and things. So many questions.

Still, shout out to Garnet for being GOAT Gem.

"Rose couldn't of known about this.."

From Secret Team:

tumblr_inline_nlzt5gTac51qiuh5y_500.png

And we have a episode tomorrow about how Greg learned about Gem Fusion.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Garnet in this episode had me borderline weepy as heck.

Just when you thought this series couldn't get heavier, it continues to by the day. What they did to the gems... jesus.

Also... well, I don't want to come off as too extreme here, but... did anyone else get vibes akin to rape/sexual assault with those gem chimaeras? With the (all but outright) statement that the best fusions are done out of love between the pair, along with the whole thing with Malachite in mind, the corrupted, inhuman forcedness of the gem states of those things just screams it to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Rose couldn't of known about this.."

From Secret Team:

tumblr_inline_nlzt5gTac51qiuh5y_500.png

And we have a episode tomorrow about how Greg learned about Gem Fusion.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also... well, I don't want to come off as too extreme here, but... did anyone else get vibes akin to rape/sexual assault with those gem chimaeras? With the (all but outright) statement that the best fusions are done out of love between the pair, along with the whole thing with Malachite in mind, the corrupted, inhuman forcedness of the gem states of those things just screams it to me.

No, because that would make Stevonnie F'd up. And I ain't budging on that.

It is a consent message though.

Ronaldo becoming a blubbering crybaby in front of the Gems house along with the awful editing were hilarious and the fact that Onion is classified as ????. Kinda hope we get to know more about that silent weird kid.

I thought it was hilarious too, especially when earlier in the episode he was teasing PeeDee about crying and then went to hug him for the

DRAMA! I like the dynamic between the Fryboys. :D PeeDee generally is the more mature one yet he appears to be several years younger than Ronaldo, who is still a big kid who's enthused by the tiniest of Weird things. Tbh I saw complaints about it, but I liked the Tides/Skies episode; Ronaldo is such a huge dork, he's got such a ridiculous delusion of grandeur, and he seems to be the only human in Beach City who has stumbled across the GDA. Eeee. :D

Oh yes... and the last episode with those... things. Urrgh. :( I wonder if these creatures really are Peridot's doing, or Yellow Diamond's. Peridot seems too young to have been a participant in the Gem War, she didn't know who the Crystal Gems were and she seemed rather ignorant of most things Earthican. But wow, her powers are cool. Ridiculous, but cool. Considering Jasper's opinion of Fusion, I wonder if she would be just as disgusted at the Gem clusters. She did seem eager to abandon Earth and Peridot's mission to check on them...

How come nobody's mentioning this happened?

tumblr_nq455ed0Ar1tw78uto1_500.gif

Source and creator

Yeah that was the cool power I was referring to.

:P But yknow... how come Amethyst didn't like, transform into her owl form and chase her? *shrug*