Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

The new villains kind of remind of me of this old Sonic 1 concept art a bit.

s1-bginfo-originimg2full.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

SPw1T8J.png

Based on their appearances, their personalities appear to be along these lines:

Orange: Dumb bully used for muscle.

Pink/Purple: Psychotic but intelligent, important in devising schemes.
Red: More muscle, possibly the group leader, could be pretty smart
Blue (lower): Underhanded, conniving, possibly into creating toxic concoctions and whatnot
Blue (upper): Super-smart, probably a badnik builder
Green: Queen Bitch of the group, thinks she's all that and a 1up box, cocky.

This looks x-tremely cool. I got a real 3d blast vibe from the trailer.

Oh and no boost? Fuck yeah!

No Eggman? sad.png

Edited by -Clara Oswald-

I like the moveset. Level design, I'm not convinced....yet. Also, I don't like the Super Mario backgrounds and the fact that the stages are suspended in empty space.

Overall, looks interesting. However, I can't help but feel that the step forward with the moveset, was taken a step back with the level design.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Gameplay is like a combination of Sonic Xtreme, Super Mario Galaxy, and Sonic Generations/Colours
  • Gorgeous world reminiscent of Colours and Super Mario Galaxy
  • quirky villains, awesome NPCs like Shaun the Sheep, and the return of classic characters like the Flickies and original Badniks
  • kickass new moves like the ability to climb ledges, wall-running down right, and what looks like the return of the super peel-out
  • gameplay that looks fast and fluid without relying on the boost

This game is going to be off the freaking chain.

Seriously, I no longer have any reason not to buy a Wii U. Luckily it looks like this game won't be out til at least sometime in late fall, which gives me a few months after my birthday to get a job so I can afford one.

And as cheesy at it is, let me just say, "Aw yeah, this is happenin'!"

Looks like a bit of a diversion. I've still got a bit of questions about how they are gonna build entire stages in such a manner, but dang it if those Sonic X-treme vibes didn't ring true.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

So, Eggman's lost in the White World from Gens... And we have 6 new bad guys... What does it all mean? The end of the egg? Was 20 years if him too much for SEGA? Oh no oh no oh no.

Eggman's probably gonna be behind it though isn't he? He always is.

This looks interesting, but reminds about Super Mario Galaxy. Green Hill and the old ideas again... With the strange monsters.

All this and classic sound effects, too! Anyone else kinda-sorta hear the classic jump sound in the trailer?

Welp, I finally have my first reason to own a WiiU.

So I've just taken a look around the Sega Press Vault, the facebook page and the blog. Theres nothing.

Methinks IGN posted this too early, so we might get more news tomorrow.

I... actually feel a little bit mixed on this. (Don't kill me!)

I really like the overall colorful and silly tone, Villains look nice and new, the wall running and curves and platforming and THAT FIGURE 8 RUN ANIMATION. 

That said... I'm a little afraid of how this would work. It looks like it might be on rails or something for the 3D segments, though that 2D part looks really nice. 

The visuals look really simple and bright, but almost too much. After seeing Gens' mechanical take on choppers and other badniks as well as the great scenery, it's a shame to see them look so... I dunno. Concept art-y? The Badniks are really growing on me though.

Finally, I don't like the tube concept thing. Not in the slightest. One of the things I like best about the Sonic series is the rolling and twisting landscapes that tend to give some really great scenery and sense of coherency and scale, but if every level is just tubes, floating in air like a bad IOS game with changing backgrounds and floor textures, that would get boring fast.

(Also it seems like another nonexistent story, but most people apparently really like that so I can understand why.)

I'm excited, but really skeptical. Sega could end up doing a really good job, but I'm concerned. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm reminded heavily of Sonic X-Treme like I said elsewhere, I'm pretty impressed by the fact they're taking such a big change in direction and I hope it turns out good. The parkour elements sound really cool, and call me crazy but I saw some momentum-affected-jumping and running in there; we could finally have the 3D Sonic with classic physics we always wondered about.

It made quite an impression on me, I can't wait for gameplay opinions from E3 and such.

• Thumbs Up 2

All this and classic sound effects, too! Anyone else kinda-sorta hear the classic jump sound in the trailer?

And the Badnik destroying sound! It's kinda weird when you compare it to the springs and boost-pads, which still use the post-Unleashed sounds.

Anyone notice how Sonic seems to climb up any sort of ledge or straight surface he comes in contact with? He even does it at 0:52, with the tiny ledge the boost-pad is placed just ahead of. It's pretty awesome that they might be getting rid of things like the walljumping in favor of Sonic just cruising around on any surface.

Oh, and at 1:04; does Sonic actually just bounce forward when he jumps on enemies, or is that a far more curved Homing Attack?

Edited by t0ms0nic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Looks kinda...throwaway? Like it doesn't seem as inspired or new as Colors was, both in logo and design. Overall I am slightly dissapointed after all the wait, but ya know gotta wait for more.

I don't know, I think the game is at least a bit inspired than Colors by elements from the back in the day and unused ideas which to me makes me excited. Even the logo looks like something they would come out during the 90s, it kind of me reminds me of the logo used in Sonic 3D Blast, but somewhat better.

8XHc7Hb.jpg

Then again, I was never a fan of the hexagon logo people were talking about.

• Thumbs Up 2

And the Badnik destroying sound! It's kinda weird when you compare it to the springs and boost-pads, which still use the post-Unleashed sounds.

Anyone notice how Sonic seems to climb up any sort of ledge or straight surface he comes in contact with? He even does it at 0:52, with the tiny ledge the boost-pad is placed just ahead of. It's pretty awesome that they might be getting rid of things like the walljumping in favor of Sonic just cruising around on any surface.

Assuming there are worlds which have different layouts (we only saw the green hill one afterall) I wouldn't be surprised to see a water level where you can run up like waterfalls and shit.

Gets me hype just thinking about it.

EDIT: Also yes, logo is very Genesis-era. I get the feeling SEGA really know what they want to keep Sonic's image as.

Edited by SuperLink

I'm reminded heavily of Sonic X-Treme like I said elsewhere, I'm pretty impressed by the fact they're taking such a big change in direction and I hope it turns out good. The parkour elements sound really cool, and call me crazy but I saw some momentum-affected-jumping and running in there; we could finally have the 3D Sonic with classic physics we always wondered about.

It made quite an impression on me, I can't wait for gameplay opinions from E3 and such.

I'm also getting a strong X-treme vibe here, only this looks a lot better in just about every way.

• Thumbs Up 2

I enjoyed the play style of the previous games, but I really dig what I've seen so far with this trailer. It seems pretty unique, but at the same time, it doesn't seem to stray too far away from the previous games. The designs of the enemies are nothing outstanding to be honest.

So, a classic and modern mix of gameplay and new characters.

But no Eggman. Come on!

I don't know, I think the game is at least a bit inspired than Colors by elements from the back in the day and unused ideas which to me makes me excited. Even the logo looks like something they would come out during the 90s, it kind of me reminds me of the logo used in Sonic 3D Blast, but somewhat better.

8XHc7Hb.jpg

Then again, I was never a fan of the hexagon logo people were talking about.

I do like that logo a lot more than some of the others I've seen. It gave me a Crash Bandicoot vibe.

And back on the Eggman Topic, we've got badniks. Is that a confirmation he's in it? Or am I just grasping?

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

So, Eggman's lost in the White World from Gens... And we have 6 new bad guys... What does it all mean? The end of the egg? Was 20 years if him too much for SEGA? Oh no oh no oh no.

Eggman's probably gonna be behind it though isn't he? He always is.

There are badniks that run on animals. Of course Eggman's up to his usual no good deeds.

• Thumbs Up 4