Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Previews

Carbo

Now this is more like it! While I'm not digging the tube designs, the fact they're considering everything they've used and learnt from the Adventure games and the Modern games seems pretty awesome.

Speaking of playing as Sonic, while the iconic hedgehog is the only character players will directly control, friends such as Tails, Knuckles and Amy will make appearances in the story.

Ohohohohoho. Incoming rage.

Edited by Username Taken ~ U. Waffle

To avoid this, we added a new action to keep Sonic running, even when you hit an obstacle. To make sure it only happens when you want it to, it's triggered by the player holding the run button.”
Mary mother o god, was that so hard? Damn, some of this stuff is getting me really excited! We have Wind Hill and Desert Ruins, part of which has candy apparently... This is going to be a great game. Even IGN seems enthusiastic about it.

Holy shit that sounds AWESOME! TAKE MY BODY SONIC TEAM! 

One thing though: When they go to a less "lost-world Galaxy-like" type of setting on it's back to Sonic's world, how are they gonna adapt the gameplay to that?

One problem I have is the Wisps. I REALLY hope they don't become recurring, their presence made sense in Colous and I don't want them to loose their charm. Other then that, TAKE EVERY CENT OF MY MONEY!

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

Knuckles appears in the story. I hope it's a big apearence. He needs it. Everything sounds pretty great, everything...

• Thumbs Up 8

Sonic will once again save animals throughout levels. Rescuing these critters will not only be tracked level by level, but cumulatively, and will factor into unlockable content.

Okay... thats a new idea.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Team has literally stolen my ideas.

I am ok with this.

I actually thought the exact same thing.

Also ok with this.

• Thumbs Up 9

The trigger idea sounds neat, as long as you don't have to hold the trigger while moving. Might be a tad finicky if so.

He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles

This is bloody fascinating, I really hope it's easier in play than it sounds though.

"Full momentum", does that imply physics? And do you have to hold the triggers to run or spin because that could get tiring!

Also, Eggman confirmed for making a return and not much emphasis on story, as per the norm.

Hoping that by pulling Sonic into a ball the speed is based on the landscape rather than just being the boost in disguise.

Please don't be the latter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shame to hear about the lack of story.. I just hope it has some fun voiced cutscenes that will continue to warm people up to the idea of story in Sonic games. I'd really at least like connections to other games..

This is bloody fascinating, I really hope it's easier in play than it sounds though.

"Full momentum", does that imply physics? And do you have to hold the triggers to run or spin because that could get tiring!

You hold a trigger to run in Rayman Origins; it's never been a problem for me.

Oh c'mon Sega, ONLY SONIC PLAYABLE AGAIN?

Seriously, the 80% of the article was a blast to read, and a lot of things seem really improved.

But they are seriously lacking some intelligence here. They could have re-introduced Tails Knuckles and Amy as playable characters, giving them specific abilities. I mean, quite a lot of fans want this, and the change of gameplay was the perfect time to do that!

I'm really disappointed about this thing (the game overall is kinda intriguing though), and I hope they're keeping them secret or that they'll pop up in multiplayer.

This is by far the most intriguing Sonic game I have ever seen. The first revealed image of the planet was fascinating to me and now the distinctly different and yet immensely fun-looking gameplay and original level design has a lot of my attention. And characters other than Sonic factor into the story is a (Hopefully) big way? Paint me hyped :D

Also, Eggman confirmed for making a return and not much emphasis on story, as per the norm.

Looks like Sonic is looking for Eggman. He must be worried that Eggman never came back from White Space

The gameplay changes sound great. Using the triggers to run sounds interesting and I'm excited to see how well the parkour works in more detail.

It's a pity about the story and characters though, even if I wasn't expecting much in that area. I guess I'll just have to be happy that Knuckles will be making an appearance.

I actually thought the exact same thing.

Also ok with this.

I liked both posts because we all had been thinking the same thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ohohohohoho. Incoming rage.

Disappointed but I hope that they actually serve a purpose in the game this time.