Awoo.

Patticus

I'm wondering if Ray Ramano's blood will finally prove to those young-earth wackos that this rock has been here for more than three thousand years.

Edited by Deaf Guy in Music Plant
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hm, I wonder if a mammoth, should it be ever be successfully "revived," would actually be able to survive in the present day...

Hm, I wonder if a mammoth, should it be ever be successfully "revived," would actually be able to survive in the present day...

Probably not in the wild, but in artificial environments, yes.

Still don't completely get how some blood can manifest a entire Mammoth.

I suppose the blood contains the mammoth's DNA which would be the entirety of its genetic code, which means that it could theoretically facilitate the growth of a mammoth. See cloning.

All you need is the genetic code, which can be obtained from blood, and place it into the egg of say an elephant. That's how they clone things.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Oh my this is incredible! I really hope it will be successful, so that we can finally see a real life woolly mammoth! Shame it's not a dinosaur or a cute little Dodo bird, but hey.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh fuck yes please revive a woolly mammoth, I love those things and I don't even normally care for elephants.

• Thumbs Up 4

That scene from American Dad, where the Wooly Mammoth is brought back from the past by the CIA, is going through my head. Except with Sean instead of the CIA.

It's fact that the Wooly Mammoth was in the world when the pyramids were built, so, yeah, a Sieberian Mammoth is likely to be able to as well. I do hope for a Mammoth revival, they're really cool animals, and it'd be awesome to have them roaming around today.

I'm wondering if Ray Ramano's blood will finally prove to those young-earth wackos that this rock has been here for more than three thousand years.
I highly doubt this will end up disproving anything in the religious community. And even if it did, people would still believe.:P

There's a Sonic Lost World joke here somewhere, but it 's a little too soon and somebody might beat me to it anyway...

You guys are assholes for making the Ray Romano joke before I could.

Though mine was going to be "Not even the miracles of science could revive Ray Romano's career," then that one picture of Jeff Goldblum.

• Thumbs Up 4

You guys are assholes for making the Ray Romano joke before I could.

Though mine was going to be "Not even the miracles of science could revive Ray Romano's career," then that one picture of Jeff Goldblum.

Well to be fair, on a Sonic forum, it's all about speed.

Please don't kill me!

• Thumbs Up 1

Tusk, tusk people. Does every interesting thread have to devolve into puns these days?

I'm sorry, I tried my best. ;~;

Anyway, I always get giddy when I hear of discoveries like this. I love the thought of being able to see these extinct animals for myself. First mammoths, then the Tasmanian Tiger. Make it happen Science.

And as to the calls for dinos and dodos, hasn't it been confirmed that animals born from eggs cannot be revived with these kinds of methods?

• Thumbs Up 3

Tusk, tusk people. Does every interesting thread have to devolve into puns these days?

Now that mammoth joke needs a Ray of hope.

Okay last one I promise....

• Thumbs Up 1

....This is gonna turn into another Xbox One topic isn't it?tongue.png

That topic was just a Mammoth fai- goddammit. Stop giving me material!