Awoo.

BRUNETTE. Johnny Gioeli's Forgotten Band

SABRINA

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Before Johnny G. was known for his work in Crush 40 singing for Sonic games,

he was a Hair Metal frontman in the band Hardline alongside Journey's guitarist Neal Schon,

BEFORE THAT,

He was singing for the band Brunette back in the late 80s!

They became VERY well known in the LA club scene and was a crowd favorite

but sadly broke up before a record deal was landed.

They were also planning to be in a movie called Smash Crash And Burn

that unfortunately was never released.

The band was:

Johnny Gioeli (vocals) Joey Gioeli (gtr) Christopher Paul (gtr) Jay Scott King (bass) Darek Thomas Cava (drums)

LUCKILY, before their demise, they recorded a demo tape featuring about 15 songs on it and thanks

to the power of the interwebz, is now available here in MP3 format.

The songs are as follows:

1.Wanted For Love

2.Do You Know Me

3.Smash Crash and Burn

4.Let It Go Down

5.Lady Love

6.Blue Eyes

7.One on One

8.Do or Die

9.Play All Day

10.Don't Throw my Love Away

11.Danger of Love

12.Hold On

13.Texas Soul

14.That's The Way

15.Just What The Doctor Ordered

The best ones on there are Do or Die,let it go down and Smash Crash and Burn. but I'll let you decide.

Brunette-The Lost Tapes

If I can find a way to post the songs on here where you can listen to them one at a time

instead of downloading the whole album, I'll do that.

Edited by Stuart Twentythree
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

This topic made me blink to be honest, isn't something like this against the rules? I'm gonna reply anyway.

Didn't think anyone else knew about them besides another person on here; they know who they are.

Did you know they went by Killerhit? There's a CD floating out there somewhere too, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyway.

"Do You Know Me" had to be my favorite song off this one. "Blue Eyes" and "Do or Die" were alright as demos, I liked the way how they came out in Hardline much better.

If I can find a way to post the songs on here where you can listen to them one at a time

instead of downloading the whole album, I'll do that.

Box.net

It allows a person to listen to the song first before downloading it.

While on the subject of Johnny; Did you know about his Accomplice appearance? He did vocals for the "She's on Fire" album.

What about his role in the rock opera? Played a villain in the second disc set.

Or his appearance for Doug Aldrich? Vocals on the song 'Face Down' off the "Alter Ego" album.

Then there's his solo song; "Phoenix Rising".

Ending this now.

EDIT 1:18PM Haha, I forgot about the Hot Cherie demo that Brunette did. Shame that one didn't make it on the Demo tape itself.

To be honest, this is one demo that I prefer than the original (Hardline).

Edited by dj Tifaheart
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

This topic made me blink to be honest, isn't something like this against the rules? I'm gonna reply anyway.

I thought it was too. But I see other guys on here posting downloadable cutscenes

and shit, so I'll just see if this goes through okay. If it's not, that's fine

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of Johnny's other work, it's just I freaked when I found this

so I thought I'd share it

Hidden

Hey, I remember this CD! In fact, wasn't I the one to send you the link? But I think you said the link I gave you tried to give you viruses (which I always thought was your imagination).

My favourite tracks are the first four, and I add 'That's The Way' to the list out of sheer novelty. The 'Hot Cherie' demo is also cool (from the Killerhit Live CD that I can never find), but Johnny sounds a bit too... whiny for my tastes. But the chorus is possibly better in the demo version, however.

Btw, I'm the 'other person' DJTifaheart mentioned. I have all of the songs she mentioned, mostly because she gave many of them to me. Plus I have a live mp3 of Hardline singing 'Top Of the Rock' by Sammy Hagar, and I think I still have a small acoustic peice called 'Colorblind' floating on one of my computer's hardrives.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Hey, I remember this CD! In fact, wasn't I the one to send you the link? But I think you said the link I gave you tried to give you viruses (which I always thought was your imagination).

My favourite tracks are the first four, and I add 'That's The Way' to the list out of sheer novelty. The 'Hot Cherie' demo is also cool (from the Killerhit Live CD that I can never find), but Johnny sounds a bit too... whiny for my tastes. But the chorus is possibly better in the demo version, however.

Btw, I'm the 'other person' DJTifaheart mentioned. I have all of the songs she mentioned, mostly because she gave many of them to me. Plus I have a live mp3 of Hardline singing 'Top Of the Rock' by Sammy Hagar, and I think I still have a small acoustic peice called 'Colorblind' floating on one of my computer's hardrives.

I only wish i could find these songs in better quality. I burned them to a cd but they sounded

so fizzy and poor that I couldn't listen to it.LOL

If ANYONE can find me a better source that'd be great!

Hidden

Why would it be? Filesharing? We're talking about non-commercial demo recordings of an obscure band from the 80's that never did anything else than the said demo recordings. Nothing illegal there.

Hidden

Why would it be? Filesharing? We're talking about non-commercial demo recordings of an obscure band from the 80's that never did anything else than the said demo recordings. Nothing illegal there.

Ah alright, ya just never know.

I only wish i could find these songs in better quality. I burned them to a cd but they sounded

so fizzy and poor that I couldn't listen to it.LOL

If ANYONE can find me a better source that'd be great!

The Demo tape? Gooood luck on that one. You're lucky to have found the link you did.

Hidden

Johnny Gioeli is an incredible singer. Hmm... yeah I'll download this whenever I get the chance. I love listening to rare stuff that just recently surfaced onto the Internet.