Awoo.

Sophia Grace And Rosie McClelland: "Too Much, Too Soon?".

Stacy

Okay I admit I am not the best when it comes to celebrity and viral videos so this might be old news.

Okay so two young British girls have become famous via Youtube singing Nick Minaj's Superbass. The video is two years old and slowly went viral. The girls have gained even more fame in America on Ellen Degeneres talk show, performing songs and interviewing celebrities. Also seems very innocent and cute.

Here is the original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkc_5ZevHy4

Well Sophia has entered the music business with a original song called "Girls Just Gotta Have Fun" (title sounds similar but no it is not the Cyndi Lauper song".

Here is the music video for the:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMpL6JKF5Ww

Yeah, I am the only one who finds this a bit creepy? All the other attention the girls have receive doesn't bother me too much and seems innocent enough. The original is video is two little girls singing a pop song (granted it is a Nick Minaj song). Youtube has lots of videos were young kids sing songs to their parents.

But this? I don't know reminds me of this an awful lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKcmHwjfCbg

Granted Sophia is not dressed up to look up like an adult like the kids on Minipops but the song she is performing seems a little mature for her age. She is eleven but she doesn't look it if told me she was six/seven I would believe you.

I don't know you might think it is harmless. As long as the two girls get a normal as possible childhood then I am okay with it. But with all attention they are getting the parents might be wanting to take advantage of their fame for as long as they can and it might get too much for them.

Their is been a lot of controversy about child stars and performers recently, especially on reality talents shows like "Britain's Got Talent". 

So what you guys think? Cute or creepy? mellow.png   

Edited by BW199148

Me and my fiancee were actually talking about these two not too long ago....

They're always on Ellen, she sends them off to interview on red carpet events and stuff like that. Wherever they go they're met by groups of screaming fans and people bugging them for autographs. But seeing as their success is built entirely on them being children, there's no future for them in about three years.....

Gotta wonder about the effect of having all that adoration and getting mobbed at such an early age only to have it vanish overnight as it so obviously will.

Gotta wonder if this might be a new Lindsy Lohan in the making sad.png

Edit: and no, you're not the only one who finds it creepy.....it's creepy as fuck....that music video....*shudders*

Edited by Jake Bird
  • Thumbs Up 1