Awoo.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F Coming Soon to America and Europe!

tenchibr

Source: http://blogs.sega.com/2013/06/06/announcing-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-for-western-release/

Today we are proud to announce that Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is headed West! The game will arrive this August on both PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network in North America, and in Europe on Playstation Network!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is a rhythm game featuring 38 unique songs, including popular tracks like Tell Your World and Black★Rock Shooter. Players can create and share their own Miku videos in “Edit Mode”, and can customize the popular diva with over 90 different costumes and accessories. Being the first console game released for the franchise in the West, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F will include all of the updated graphics, additional songs, and features of the Japanese version.

Hastune Miku is the world’s most popular digital singer produced by Crypton Future Media,INC. Her popularity continues to increase in the West and she has over 950,000 dedicated English speaking fans on Facebook. In 2011, she packed the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles for her first ever Western concert, and tickets sold out almost instantly. To gauge interest for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F in the west, SEGA asked fans to like and share an image of Miku to pledge their support, and the response was astounding. In less than 3 days, the post received over 25,000 likes and 15,000 shares.

“Your voices helped make this happen.” said Aaron Webber, Associate Brand Manager for the game. “Miku and SEGA fans, this is your moment. We’re thrilled to bring this title out for you, and we’re counting on your support. Tell Your World! ”

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is slated for release on PlayStation 3 and via digital download on PlayStation Network in August 2013. If you are excited to get your hands Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F, you won’t have to wait too long – the demo will be available on June 11th for the U.S. and June 12th for Europe!

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool, I might look into trying that demo out soon, glad to see that they do listen to the fans on stuff like this (unlike a certain other company I know) and hopefully the thousands of miku fans will be pleased too.

I forgot that game existed, because I tried this PC fan-port from the original PSP title, and while it was well-ported, the resolution was too painful.

I am glad my PS3 is getting more reasons to be turned on.

Edited by tenchibr

Wait, you mean they're actually releasing a Miku game for the states? WHAAAAT

Sure, Valkyria Chronicles III, the Shining series and the Yakuza series can rest in Japan all the time, but Miku must be localized at all costs.

Good job, SEGA.

My eyes. This news is unbelievable. I can't believe it. Is Hatsune Miku finally making it to the West? HYPE METRES RISING! I already got the Vita version but I will buy the PS3 version because I need to support this game.

Sure, Valkyria Chronicles III, the Shining series and the Yakuza series can rest in Japan all the time, but Miku must be localized at all costs.

Good job, SEGA.

Are you for real? Where were you when Yakuza 1, 2, 3 and 4 came out in the West and the original VC?

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good job, SEGA.

The New Shining series should stay in Japan.

• Thumbs Up 1

No... Vita version... :/

Hm. Guess I'll buy the PS3 version anyway, but I'd really rather play this on a handheld.

Holy shit, they actually did it.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't become a success here.

No... Vita version... :\

You know the Vita is failing whenever insane Japanese stuff that no one's heard of doesn't even come out on it, being a PS and all.

Why is it that everything Japanese comes out on the PSes, anyway?

Because Xbox hates most Niche games like these.

Because Xbox hates most Niche games like these.

...and God knows there aren't any other Japanese gaming companies besides Sony, right? tongue.png

Edited by Ridley

Are you for real? Where were you when Yakuza 1, 2, 3 and 4 came out in the West and the original VC?

I was speaking of products developed in recent years (Yakuza 5, Yakuza HD collection, VC III and a whole load of Shining games for examples).

SEGA has restricted its localization marketing drastically recently because of its financial losses, and to see a game like this getting localized instead of more worthy titles is just a waste, if not an insult.

You know the Vita is failing whenever insane Japanese stuff that no one's heard of doesn't even come out on it, being a PS and all.

Well, it's a native Vita game in Japan. The whole series has been on the PSP so far; it's just that they're deciding not to localize that version for some reason.

... Which is weird. Maybe eventually, I suppose.

How well is the Vita doing in Japan?

I would assume better than over here, right?

How well is the Vita doing in Japan?

I would assume better than over here, right?

Way better than outside of it.

It is just selling some numbers bellow the PS3 which is the second most sold console after the 3DS.

Currently in third place since the end of May.

All this according to Media Create Sales.

Edited by Tmsp

I was speaking of products developed in recent years (Yakuza 5, Yakuza HD collection, VC III and a whole load of Shining games for examples).

SEGA has restricted its localization marketing drastically recently because of its financial losses, and to see a game like this getting localized instead of more worthy titles is just a waste, if not an insult.

What makes this game worth any less than those ones? Project Diva is an incredibly well made and solid rhythm game and deserves a chance over here especially as the only other miku hatsune game to come out officially in the west was a crappy iOS game. It's also very very popular, which is one of the main reasons they're bringing it over to the west.

Yakuza HD collection is also due for the west on the WiiU and Yakuza 5 will probably make it's way here eventually. VC isn't coming because it was never that popular here which is a real shame but that's the plain truth, I don't know much about the shining games to comment on them but I'm willing to bet they're not popular enough to be released here as well.

Anyway enough of that.

I'm really happy this is getting released in the west, would like a box release for Europe but ahh what can ya do, I'm just glad it's getting some kind of release in the UK. I guess I'll just have to import the US version.

Well, maybe it's because with VC3, they need to find voice actors and pay them which increases the cost. Really, all SEGA has to do for Project Diva and Mirai (speaking of which, can we get Project Mirai next pls) is translate the menus and put subtitles in the songs.

I am a believer that this game will open up doors for Hatsune in America, just like YouTube did for Psy.

In fact, I know they already have had done concerts here in the US, but maybe, just maybe, we might see them visit more places here; after all, the US is a big country, and gosh, I would shove my wallet in Hatsune's mouth if she makes it here to FL (I would have to pull my wallet out to hear her sing though... ^_^')

Excuse me? How about you stop judging the game YOU never played? In fact, IMO I wouldn't call Yakuza a worthy franchise to get localized, but I know they have an audience. And get what? Hatsune Miku has an audience in the US too. Hello, I'm one of them.

I'm proud that Sega is giving Miku/Vocaloid fans a chance to actually get the game in the west because I'm tired of using "what ifs". The fans got their wish, and I'm sure we will support Sega on getting this game since at last excluding concerts, this is Hatsune Miku's official debut in the US.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you think that this game has no reason to be localized or that it won't sell then you just don't know shit about Vocaloid or its fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 3

Excuse me? How about you stop judging the game YOU never played? In fact, IMO I wouldn't call Yakuza a worthy franchise to get localized, but I know they have an audience. And get what? Hatsune Miku has an audience in the US too. Hello, I'm one of them.

I'm proud that Sega is giving Miku/Vocaloid fans a chance to actually get the game in the west because I'm tired of using "what ifs". The fans got their wish, and I'm sure we will support Sega on getting this game since at last excluding concerts, this is Hatsune Miku's official debut in the US.

What is so great about Yakuza anyway? I keep on hearing its a good game and even though I haven't looked at any gameplay of it yet, is it anything like GTA or something?