Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Lag is becoming a real problem from what I hear lately. It wasn't that bad in the beginning, but now that the game is at it's peak of users, there must be some serious strain on the Nintendo servers. Better hope they fix it soon.

It also seems like the map fatigue is starting to hit. July would be the best time for Nintendo to announce some sort of DLC maps, seeing as nothing huge is releasing this month. 

Personally, I'm burned out on MK8 with being screwed over more and more online, the very thing I play for replayability just is making me have such a shit time with it, that I tend to just shrug wanting to play it off and just do something else.

Yeah, the item balance is definitely some of the worst in the series from what I hear. I get the devs wanted it to be harder to lose first place, but I think they went overboard with that by nerfing everything behind first. 

Ya know, its kinda disappointing how we waited almost a year for this game. My expectations was high for this game.

I kinda knew they were gonna keep the same formula of 4 new cups and 4 retro cups and then battle mode.

And that's what we got....and Mario kart TV.

Coming from Wii, I felt like there was more stuff to do in that game 8. Those ttournament missions they had going interesting and pretty fun. I kept coming back every month they had a new mission.

I wish something like that can be come to this game. Something to keep us coming back to do this or do that.

Challenge us to race while bloopers inks stays on you for the whole race or Battle bosses!

Something MKDS did challenges and boss battles and it worked so well

Oh well its just me expecting more from this game because were at the 8th entry and you'd think we would have more shit to do.

At least I still have fun with the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really love the game, it's a ton of fun, but I've just adjusted myself to not taking it seriously. To be fair, Mario Kart should never be taken seriously though. Really, 7 and Wii weren't much different. The only thing is that 1st isn't as easily targeted.

• Thumbs Up 1

I too have just kinda got bored of it really.  The item balance is just as broken as ever, just in new ways, so no real change there or anything.  But yeah I've just moved onto other games already.

Don't dislike the game or anything but the initial thrill certainly did wear off once I'd played everything a million times online.

Trying my best to participate in the occasional daily though, and continue keeping track of the results.

Is there any particular reason of why the replays can't show Lakitu fishing you out of pits?

Today I had a funny accident in new Rainbow Road: I fell, Lakitu saved me, and landed me right on a banana pill.

I tried all of the possible combinations but nothing, I couldn't find that scene anywhere in the highlights. So I played a full lenght replay. And when the replay reached that moment... the screen faded to black the moment Lakitu was supposed to show up, and returned when my character recovered from the banana pill!

Is there any particular reason of why the replays can't show Lakitu fishing you out of pits?

Today I had a funny accident in new Rainbow Road: I fell, Lakitu saved me, and landed me right on a banana pill.

I tried all of the possible combinations but nothing, I couldn't find that scene anywhere in the highlights. So I played a full lenght replay. And when the replay reached that moment... the screen faded to black the moment Lakitu was supposed to show up, and returned when my character recovered from the banana pill!

It never shows the lakitu fishing you out. It always skips you.

The only possible explanation is that Lakitu is a ninja and cannot be seen outside of the shadows of failure.

That's why he's so damn quick at picking you up this time. He swoops in, he swoops out, all in a flash!

• Thumbs Up 2

Except when he takes numerous minutes trying to figure out where to place you.

Seriously, one time I fell off the track [can't remember which one] when Lakitu swooped down, picked me up, moved to the side, then moved immediately backward, jitting side to side as though unsure on where to place me.

As for online, hardly ever been on. Always on the singleplayer side of things. But if there are problems starting to appear in the network, Nintendo need to get a move on and increase sever capacity.

the wacko Item Balance isn't the only thing wrong about this game.

Have any of you noticed how badly they nerfed the Lightweights in this game compared to past games? In 7, they at least had 3.00 Speed and a nice and high 4 acceleration, making them very viable for Online.

But in this game, for stupid reasons I can only call "Derp Nintendo", they severly nerfed their speed from 2.75 to a very low 2.25 for the Babies, not only that, but fot the most bizarre reasons, the nerfed their acceleration stat to around 3.00 something.

To add more salt to the wound, they've taken the Lightweights Speed advantage in Water in when Gliding and gave them to the Heavyweights

That ain't including that Acceleration Tiers are back again.

Yeah, Nintendo went all out on the game's visuals and sound, but didn't pay attention to how badly they messed up the items and the lightweights.

• Thumbs Up 1

The accelleration stat is also sort of useless now, considering how easy it is to gain a boost in this game to pick up speed quickly. Add in the ability to knock light and medium players off the track and heavies end up dominating.

Don't get me wrong, I still like this game a lot, but it seems like Nintendo was still rushing it despite the huge delay. The little things weren't really given much thought.

I'd rate it over most other Mario Karts just on how good it feels to drive and how great the track designs are alone, but the lack of content and slacking on the little things brings it below MK Double Dash and MKDS for me.

It should be noted acceleration only goes in tiers too. As in , 3.50 is only a 3. Acceleration was pretty busted in 7, but I don't know how they could really fix it. As for myself, I don't get easily bored of Mario Kart. I guess it's just my type of game.

I just updated a couple of my times in the spreadsheet. I've been competing with a friend of mine so we've been neck and neck trying to beat each other. Pretty proud of my times in Donut Plains, Sunshine Airport, Toad Harbour, Yoshi Valley, Royal Raceway, Mario Circuit and Mario Stadium mostly. 

Speaking of Donut Plains 3, I see a lot of hate for it on other forums. I don't really get it, it's a pretty nice track. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yea donut plains is a pretty nice track. I kinda wish more items were placed around the map

There were only 2 sets 

• Thumbs Up 1

Some peoples had just been finding the SNES tracks boring...as nice and simple as they are.

I found it more that people don't like the west terrain towards the end of the track more so than not finding it interesting.

ALthough the puddles throw me off sometimes but either I still like it. love the remix too.

I hope that comes to France. I'd love to get the Luigi one!

By the way, in the event of a tie in the daily tourney, what happens?

I hope that comes to France. I'd love to get the Luigi one!

By the way, in the event of a tie in the daily tourney, what happens?

Pistols at dawn

• Thumbs Up 2

That poor kid who ends up only getting the visor.

That poor, poor kid.

That poor kid who ends up only getting the visor.

That poor, poor kid.

Are you kidding? The visor was the best racer of the game.

Nitpick.

I don't like how you can't do tricks while you drift. Its annoying to let go of the drift and have to press again. There are many spots that I want to do this but I can't and it makes it harder to keep my kart steady without going off course. Did they take this off in MK7? I can't remember.

I also don't like how you can't create a mini turbo when hold the brakes and gas button. Now it moves you forward a bit without giving you no small boost.

If battle mode was better this would of been annoying because it feels so slippery and not steady. In Wii it works perfectly. but not here. But its not even important any more thanks to battle.