Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'm really pleased to see Little Mac as a playable character since his moveset makes him very unique from the other characters. And he is awesome to boot! Now I really wanna know what his FS is.

screen-4.jpg

get rekt sonic

Looks like a lot of fun!

EDIT: Damn you, PatMac.

Sonic still has that grin, but it's literally just upside down.tongue.png Could someone flip it just to anger everyone? lol

Also, YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES LITTLE MAC IS IN AND LOOKS AMAZING! Any bets on when Mii will be shown off?

• Thumbs Up 2

8l0y11c.jpg

OH FUCK. So he sounds like he's pretty dangerous. Wondering how this meter charges. 

Jesus, that move better have a extremely slow start up time...

So the Smash arena is being changed into the Punch Out!! stage, cool.

But, hear me out, what if stages, had alternate skins.

Think about it. Or maybe I'm looking too deep into this.

I really doubt they'll allow Mac to one-hit KO people anytime, there's an obvious drawback.

Calling it, the one-hit KOs are a rare instance in a series of punches of varying power a la G&W. Or Little Mac's punches build up over time a la Wario, so pulling off a one-hit KO requires a lot of time that you likely won't have. Or Little Mac has to be in a certain position and a certain button has to be pressed in order to pull it off a la Jigglypuff.

Anyway, along with Little Mac, they've also started showing how the character icon/percentage HUD will look in the game (or a new one at least, if they showed it earlier at the game's E3 debut).

...CUE THE FUCKTON OF CONVINCING HOAXES

OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU GUYS DONT UNDERSTAND

LITTLE MAC IS THE ONE SINGLE CHARACTER I WANTED IN THE GAME AND NOW HE'S IN

THAT'S IT, SMASH 4 CONFIRMED FOR BEST SMASH

• Thumbs Up 3

Little Mac was announced and the thing people are talking about is that Sonic is still in the game?

Would you expect much less from a Sonic site?tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I knew Sonic was NOT leaving for sure, I still wanna see pics of Sonic but since he hasn't been shown in any form of pics or video for 2 months, its a small thing but its nice to see some sonic once in awhile.

Little mac on the other hand looks overpowered as FUCK! that one hit combo move?  I have a feeling its not worth abusing that move, it can't be, espically if he's so damn fast with his moves and shit.

Falcon punch has competition 

Little Mac was announced and the thing people are talking about is that Sonic is still in the game?

PRIORITIES, man!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mac's looking pretty rad. Fast, lots of super armor, but a poor air game. That last bit means I probably won't be maining him, but it seems like a solid and appropriate take on the character.

Dat reaction with Samus XD Golden!! Looks awesome to play as! The K.O. meter is a genius idea. Press a button, get hit by others while charging and when "K.O." shows, unleash for an attack with huge knockback power! He's got a counter too, his Up B is an uppercut, powerful but apparently not too great at recovering.  Sweet!  Not too fond of his FS, never liked that form, but oh well...let's see if it's just a buff or if it's actually good.

I think it is a cool thing that Little Mac is in the game. I wonder how he will play, with the KO thing above the percentage meter and all?

screen-4.jpg

first pic of Sonic in months and it's this

I find this picture to be very cool, honestly, even though I do like Sonic, but hey.

Saw the trailer. this has easily become the best Smash game ever.and -DAMN- that K.O. move looks nasty for anybody on the recieving side. but yeah, a slow charge up time to accompany it wouldn't be surprising..and I got a laugh at Samus when she made fun of his size..shouldn't have done that! XD

Saw the trailer. this has easily become the best Smash game ever.and -DAMN- that K.O. move looks nasty for anybody on the recieving side. but yeah, a slow charge up time to accompany it wouldn't be surprising..and I got a laugh at Samus when she made fun of his size..shouldn't have done that! XD

Little Mac looks so wicked.  I'm so glad that he is in, a spot well deserved.  His ground game looks rather terrifying.  He's got a very fast movement speed, lightning fast attacks, high power, a small stature making him hard to hit (he freaking ran UNDER Mario's fireballs) AND to top it all off he has armour on some of his attacks.  But this is all balanced out by the fact that his offstage game and recovery look utterly terrible (which is not a problem, it's actually a pretty good way to design a character).  This character is looking like a glass cannon redefined. 

It's wonderful to see more of this archetype of character in Smash.  Barring Falcon (and by extension Ganon) there aren't really any up close and personal characters that just use their hand-to-hand combat without some kind of crazy addition.  The simplicity of Mac being a boxer imo helps him to stand out, but he's well presented enough and his attack animations are stylish enough to not make him seem out of place or uninteresting amongst the rest of the cast, and the Power Meter gimmick helps to liven him up even more.  

Honestly, I'm super happy with his inclusion.  He and Rosalina so far are the two newcomers I'm most looking forward too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Thinking that Sonic was going to be cut from the game is the stupidest, most ridiculous tin foil hat theory I had ever heard and I seriously can't believe people on this forum were actually humoring it

Yeah, considering the fact that he was ON THE WEBSITE...

Most people were commenting on the fact that Sonic hadn't appeared in a while, though. And, hey, look, Sonic's here and he has expressions like the other characters. Every character is getting the special character expression treatment here.

Little Mac looks cool, though. He does seem VERY small compared to a lot of the other characters, though. That's probably a nod to the fact that he's supposed to be so small in Punch-Out, right?

Still really, REALLY hoping to see Isaac soon!

• Thumbs Up 2

Little Mac is pretty great. He feels like he should've been in this series from the get-go.

Although honestly the single thing that made me happiest about that reveal was the joke that hinged on Samus being tall, which was nice to see after she was such a munchkin in Other M.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just noticed something hilarious which I'm not sure if it was featured prior to today. Megaman has a unique death animation. Instead of the normal explosion of fire for when you're K.O'd, Megaman has his death balls and death sound effect. That's cute.

Maybe they can give Sonic an explosion of rings when he gets K.O'd.

So hype

Little Mac was the one new comer I reeaaaaallly wanted, and now he's here, and better yet looks waaay better than I could've even hoped for. He reminds me a bit of Heihachi from PS All Stars, but more agile and all over the place. I'm assuming he's frail, so dodging might be what you have to rely on to stay alive, and that works for me haha. I'm wondering if his power up meter is related to his receiving damage (I might've missed how it worked if they did show it exactly), but if so, then maybe him being easy to knock out is the risk/reward factor to building that up?

All I know is that I'm really excited to use him. Flashy dodgy battles of intensity in ten cities are my favorite kind of matches to have in Smash Bros and Little Mac looks to be all about that, hgnnn

• Thumbs Up 6

Dibs on sonic getting punched as DP

Looks like little mac's air time is no good. and his recover sucks lol he barley moved when doing his recovery. Similar to warios recovery which goes NO where.

Thats one flaw I see on him.