Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

My biggest fear is always that they might reinvent him as "Yoshi & Baby Mario"  Q_Q 

I must admit I had wondered if something like that might happen, myself.

I don't see what Baby Mario could really add to Yoshi's playstyle though, aside from maybe using his cape as a slow recovery or the super star power for a Final Smash.

Either that or they make it so every time Yoshi gets hit, Baby Mario flies off and starts crying. *shudder*

• Thumbs Up 2

You notice there are a lot of flat stages being revealed in all these dailies? It's like as if Sakurai is throwing competitive players a huge bone. Between this and discussing balance mechanics, I wonder.

Yoshi's New Island doesn't even have a Japanese release date yet, right?

Nintendo Japan probably realized the game was a mediocre rehash of the original and pulled a last minute cancellation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm.

If they're still touching up facial expressions and whatnot, maybe there's hope for those who want higher quality models for assist trophies and the like.

• Thumbs Up 1

Higher quality assist trophy would be a nice touch but they all seem pretty good so far, which one look bad?

I like the new look on sonic.

Where did you find this picture?

Oh hey, apparently there's been another Sonic pic floating around!

If this is legit, then yes, his facial expressions have been changed up from Brawl. His original face in that position was, iirc, eyes closed with gritted teeth.

This isn't exactly a new pic, I'm pretty sure we saw this a few months ago. I distinctly remember the "Peach: 'Don't worry Sonic, you'll get in a good game someday!'" joke from these very boards

No this is new, there is not a lot of pics of sonic so its easy to remember which are new and old. This is new.

This is what I was talking about before. He was most likely not appearing for a while due to not having fully changed up facial expressions. After all, his first screenshots shown him with like, the same 2 faces in every shot.

Well, we already knew his facial expressions were updated in the Little Mac pic where Little Mac smashes Sonic. You can see in that pic that Sonic looks plain PISSED OFF. In fact, it looks more like a Shadow expression than Sonic... :P

Higher quality assist trophy would be a nice touch but they all seem pretty good so far, which one look bad?

image_315605_460.jpg

Best example, I think. The ATs lack a lot of detail, like all of Waluigi's fingers being fused together, and his racquet handle being totally square. But what else can you expect? The stages and playable characters are all super detailed and will have a lot of screentime, while the ATs won't show up for long and don't require the detailing beyond what's necessary for their limited appearances. You won't notice the so-called "problems" in game. 

• Thumbs Up 5

It's probably also worth mentioning that Waluigi's model is up-ported and touched up from Brawl, and that entirely original AT models, especially large ones like Mother Brain, have much more detail.

Ssb4_mother_brain.jpg

Same goes for this adorable French Bulldog.

smash_bros_for_wii_u_screenshot_dec_13-6

Model quality is all centered around performance. If you're not gonna be looking at it up close for very long, or at all, there's no point in making it overly detailed.

• Thumbs Up 1

No this is new, there is not a lot of pics of sonic so its easy to remember which are new and old. This is new.

No I did a quick google search and the earliest source I could find is from exactly a month ago. 

http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/231900560/#231916381

It could be even older since Im too lazy to look through the logs of this massive ass thread to find where it was posted here before. But I just know that this pic isn't new.

Though speaking of characters with low pic counts, when is Sakurai going to give Olimar more love? Hell he was revealed months before Sonic and still has less than him. 

No I did a quick google search and the earliest source I could find is from exactly a month ago.

http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/231900560/#231916381

It could be even older since Im too lazy to look through the logs of this massive ass thread to find where it was posted here before. But I just know that this pic isn't new.

Though speaking of characters with low pic counts, when is Sakurai going to give Olimar more love? Hell he was revealed months before Sonic and still has less than him.

Oh wow, oops :P

Oh well its nice to see it anyways.

At least olimar gets some pics from character reveals and some footage of rosalina Trailer. And some pics of the many Zelda pics.

Based on POTD, olimar and sonic haven't been seen for a long while, especially olimar.

Either way it doesn't really matter but I like to see some updates of my favorite fighter to build hype I guess. But it'd be nice to get updates from all characters.

Speaking of olimar, was it confirm that he is only having three pikmin? If its true, he needs new recovery.

At the end of the day we just don't know how long things have been intergrated into the game.  The Waluigi model could be low quality because he was literally just put into the game, using touched up Brawl assets, or because it's a screenshot from a while back in development that just happened to be queued up for today (a hypothetical "today" of course, I know it was a while back).  Or it could be the final model for reasons Blue Blood stated.  Just don't know really.

I don't know why some are worried about the quality of the AT models. They don't appear for very long and you'll hardly notice whilst actually playing the game. And yes, they might be touched up a bit more once SSB4 comes out but either way I don't think i will notice. Same thing applies to the Pokemon...although I want to see newer models instead of reusing the Battle Revolution ones like in Brawl.

By the way, how long has this game been in development? I feel like it's going to not be Spring 2014, since it looks like a lot of balancing and development is far from done.

By the way, how long has this game been in development? I feel like it's going to not be Spring 2014, since it looks like a lot of balancing and development is far from done.

Oh no, they would've stated as such if it was being released in Spring. No, rather, it appears its going to be released no earlier than Summer, definitely after E3.

I think it started development after E3 2012 but they pulled together a larger team so it could get done quicker than having a three year timespan.

It's been in the making since not long after Kid Icarus: Uprising was released, if that's any frame of reference. Can't be fucked to look up an exact date personally.

Uprising was released March 2012. Its possible they started after that, but I've heard it didn't officially start development until after E3. Maybe I'm mistaken, I dunno.

As much as I want it released in the summer, I doubt it will come out in summer. Fall is just so far away!

At least we got mk8

Actually now that I think about it, I'd probably prefer if Smash didn't come out summer. I'll be too busy with 2.5 if that game releases during that time! :P (I'd guess fall. Perhaps September or October.)