Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Man, with all the furor over her design, I feel like one of the only who didn't notice the bigger boobs on Samus until they were pointed out tome.

It's not that they're bigger, but rather better proportioned i.e. they're not sagging at an odd angle anymore. There's more muscle to the upper part of her chest instead of them just sticking out of her.

http://youtu.be/NJMCIt9Zz9g

"I'm impressed….but why?!"

(WARNING: Turn down your volume)

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw that on TailsChannel. I did find it hilarious that they all thought it was Mewtwo at first.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't be the only person in love with Mario's custom up special. The move looks so fucking cool.

Hey you guys, here is another thought, what if the customization is more powerful and varied on the wii-u? that would give it more of an edge, and also if part of the wait for release is to be closer to christmas, it could mean we get even more modes as a result of that

I think sonic will get the kick from lost world as one of the custom move sets, and a multi lock on from lost world too.

Just a thought though.

I can also imagine Sonic's Side+B spindash having a Jump Dash/Homing Attack variant and Sonic's Down+B having a Bounce Attack variant (probably not unlimited bounce, though, that'd be too much). It'd also be cool seeing Sonic Wind or Chaos Control as variants (Chaos Control probably as an Up+B, perhaps even Sonic Wind, too).

Probably not all will happen, but some would be cool.

The custom moves we saw were essentially altered variations of pre-existing moves. Fireballs are big or small, Pit's arrows are slower and can be controlled, Shield Breaker slides Marth forward, Headbutt is suuuuuuper slow, but has suuuuuuper armor, and Super Jump Punch has fire hitboxes and the jump's height is greatly amplified. Kirby's ice breath is Inhale with an ice hitbox. Each move has the character use the same animations as they normally would

A multi-target Homing Attack or, god forbid, a fast Homing Attack is feasible, but Chaos Control and Sonic Wind (at least the SA2 variation) may not be in the realm of incorporating at this point, without putting in brand new animations and models specifically for the purpose of having those techniques. Maybe in a DLC pack?

As for Sonic's moveset right now, the two Homing Attacks I mentioned could work. Maybe Sonic's Spring can be set a 45 degree angle too, reminiscent of the angled Springs here and there in Genesis Sonics. Spin Dash can be slower, but in exchange, the move's got heavy armor. Etc. Etc.

smash_bros_villager.png?w=620&h=465

I'm not surprised Vilagers dream house is the one that explodes when his enemies set foot inside.(Yes, including you Nook)

On a serious note, is this final smash only going to target one player, or will it target multiple?(This actually has been something I've wondered about for a few characters. Greninja is another one that comes to mind.)

Edit: Oh my god, those eyes seriously creep the crap outta me! Those yellow eyes!

• Thumbs Up 1

The custom moves we saw were essentially altered variations of pre-existing moves. Fireballs are big or small, Pit's arrows are slower and can be controlled, Shield Breaker slides Marth forward, Headbutt is suuuuuuper slow, but has suuuuuuper armor, and Super Jump Punch has fire hitboxes and the jump's height is greatly amplified. Kirby's ice breath is Inhale with an ice hitbox. Each move has the character use the same animations as they normally would

A multi-target Homing Attack or, god forbid, a fast Homing Attack is feasible, but Chaos Control and Sonic Wind (at least the SA2 variation) may not be in the realm of incorporating at this point, without putting in brand new animations and models specifically for the purpose of having those techniques. Maybe in a DLC pack?

As for Sonic's moveset right now, the two Homing Attacks I mentioned could work. Maybe Sonic's Spring can be set a 45 degree angle too, reminiscent of the angled Springs here and there in Genesis Sonics. Spin Dash can be slower, but in exchange, the move's got heavy armor. Etc. Etc.

Chaos Control and Sonic Wind, depending on how they do it, could just be variations of the same thing. Yeah, it'd have to completely replace Spring, that'd be the problem. Probably not feasible, but changing Side+B spin dash into Jump Dash would.

I feel like Lucario's Final Smash might actually be his Mega Evolution.  Like a transformation that's permanent until you die or something.  That seems like it would make sense considering that its main property is just maxing out Lucario's power.  And getting another Final Smash in that state might give you the old Aura Storm power?

I don't know I'm just spitballing.

It probably is his final smash but I don't know why you'd attribute all that other stuff to it rather than it working basically the same as Wario's.

smash_bros_villager.png?w=620&h=465

I'm not surprised Vilagers dream house is the one that explodes when his enemies set foot inside.(Yes, including you Nook)

On a serious note, is this final smash only going to target one player, or will it target multiple?(This actually has been something I've wondered about for a few characters. Greninja is another one that comes to mind.)

Edit: Oh my god, those eyes seriously creep the crap outta me! Those yellow eyes!

Im thinking that Villager's move will basically be Cook Kirby. The house will change size based on the amount of fighters Villager turns into bells (maybe items will contribute to it too?) and as the house increases so will the size of the explosion

It probably is his final smash but I don't know why you'd attribute all that other stuff to it rather than it working basically the same as Wario's.

There are two reasons,

A]  in Pokemon X & Y, Mega Evolutions last until either the pokemon faints or the match ends.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to transfer that aspect into Smash, and

B]  if it were just like Wario Man, then that seems kind of crappy to me because Lucario would only be getting a power boost that he technically already had access to anyway.  I do see the advantage in not having to be horribly injured to have full power, but it just seems so lackluster for a Final Smash.

Hey everyone, we can stop arguing now, the character we have all REALLY wanted is in Smash:

N3DS__SuperSmashBros_FieldSmash_Screen_0

ICECLIMBERS POLAR BEAR!

on a serious note, this proably means the icelclimbers are back

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey everyone, we can stop arguing now, the character we have all REALLY wanted is in Smash:

ICECLIMBERS POLAR BEAR!

on a serious note, this proably means the icelclimbers are back

Probably? That's basically a downright confirmation. Yeah Ice Climbers are back.

Probably? That's basically a downright confirmation. Yeah Ice Climbers are back.

the Kremlings are in too.... well I still believe K.Rool may be playable, but we just have to wait and see

the Kremlings are in too.... well I still believe K.Rool may be playable, but we just have to wait and see

Kremlings being in very much pleases me, but it doesn't confirm K. Rool is playable. He could be a boss. I would love having a playable K. Rool, though. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but DK and FE are the only two franchises other than our main three I can see getting four playable reps.

I still think Dixie Kong is more likely than K. Rool, but I'd love either one of them, and if K. Rool at least appears (as more than a mere trophy) that's a huge improvement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Melee had a klaptrap on dk's stage. Isn't that stage returning. I have bets though that the boss would be tiki tong

Melee had a klaptrap on dk's stage. Isn't that stage returning. I have bets though that the boss would be tiki tong

The Klaptrap's were in the water. Melee was also way back when K. Rool was actually actively DK's main antagonist, at this point K. Rool has been absent from the picture for a long while and we haven't seen Kremlings in a long time either. Both last appeared 8 years ago in Mario Super Strikers, and that was one of the few rare appearances they had gotten around that time as well.

Other than Super Strikers and Barrel Blast, they didn't get a whole lot of screen time before that either. I guess K. Rool was in King of Swing and Jungle Climber...

So GuardianSoul(the guy responsible for recreating the awesome SSB4 theme) is gonna be working on the music that was heard in the Smash direct from yesterday.(including the theme lol) I am so hyped! DAT PIKMIN THEME! DAT KID ICARUS! DAT KIRBY!

ICECLIMBERS POLAR BEAR!

Forget him -- mah boi Flame Chomp is finally in a Smash Bros. game!

• Thumbs Up 5

Recently the Donkey Kong series have shown itself to be just as profitable for Nintendo as Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda so i don't see why there shouldn't be four DK reps.

Recently the Donkey Kong series have shown itself to be just as profitable for Nintendo as Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda so i don't see why there shouldn't be four DK reps.

cant argue, me I still have my fingers crossed for K.Rool, wait four, I guess that means we can have Dixie as well

cant argue, me I still have my fingers crossed for K.Rool, wait four, I guess that means we can have Dixie as well

Dixie was cut from Brawl, so it wouldn't surprise me if she made a come back now. And we're seeing signs that K. Rool may be around too. Both would be awesome choices; Dixie has co-starred in a few DK games and was the star of her own game, too, in fact, Donkey, Diddy, and Dixie are the only DK characters to be the stars of their own games. K. Rool was the main antagonist of all three of them.

Diddy should've been in Melee, really. I think it'd be great to add both Dixie and K. Rool this time, but we'll see.