Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Even Ike fears the mighty Balloon fight Fish of DOOM

screen-10.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Although Ike wasn't one of my mains, he was one of my favorite characters to jump in and play as. I'm just glad he's been finally announced so I don't have to keep defending why I think he'd return in Smash Bros. anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright, Ike is looking pretty damn good, but because of him I'm not really up for Chrom anymore. I mean sure he'd be a nice addition, but as far as aesthetics go I'd really prefer someone who wasn't another Blue headed swordsman to rep the fire emblem franchise. I'd honestly take Robin over Chrom, as bland as he may be, hell maybe even Morgan if you need someone to rep the future kids, but goddamn they has more than plenty to work with as far as movesets go, even compared to Chrom himself. Though my top FE pick right now is still probably Anna since she's that one character that manages to appear in basically every game, and with Awakening finally making her a playable unit it seems like the opportune time to give her a spot in Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have mixed feelings about Ike, So I'll just list the pros and cons for me:

Pros:

-He has his Radiant Dawn design, which is a nice and welcome change.

-His gameplay is just sooo dang satisfying when you hit someone and you feel that "Omph!"

Cons:

-Him being so dang overpowered, seriously, he's slow I get it, but not as slow as the heavyweights , in contrast he has a good range with that huge ass-sword, two of his specials are recoveries (although they're both kinda bad) and let's not forget just how he kills so easily, 30% and he will send you flying. Which again is good when you play as him but annoying when you play against :P (I can only play in stock mode against good Ike players, in time mode, I dish out some damage to others and that one Ike casually hits them (sometimes by mistake) with his range and "steals" the kill xD)

-Him being in makes me fear we will get less and less character spots. I mean maybe the roster will be huge, if that's the case then sure bring other Brawl veterans, but I feel that won't be the case and we will have only 2-3 more newcomers which would honestly suck.

Ike may knock people out easy but he's far from being overpowered, same as ganondorf they both lack the speed and viable moveset to knock people out that easily, sure if your doing a multiplayer match and an Ike player just happens to get a good shot in on you (and someone else) its easy for him to KO you but if your paying attention most of his really heavy hitting moves will almost never hit you or you can hit him before he gets them off (though he does have some pretty good aerials).

I have mixed feelings about Ike, So I'll just list the pros and cons for me:

Pros:

-He has his Radiant Dawn design, which is a nice and welcome change.

-His gameplay is just sooo dang satisfying when you hit someone and you feel that "Omph!"

Cons:

-Him being so dang overpowered, seriously, he's slow I get it, but not as slow as the heavyweights , in contrast he has a good range with that huge ass-sword, two of his specials are recoveries (although they're both kinda bad) and let's not forget just how he kills so easily, 30% and he will send you flying. Which again is good when you play as him but annoying when you play against tongue.png (I can only play in stock mode against good Ike players, in time mode, I dish out some damage to others and that one Ike casually hits them (sometimes by mistake) with his range and "steals" the kill xD)

-Him being in makes me fear we will get less and less character spots. I mean maybe the roster will be huge, if that's the case then sure bring other Brawl veterans, but I feel that won't be the case and we will have only 2-3 more newcomers which would honestly suck.

It boggles my mind how people think Ike is OP.  He's far from it.  He really isn't very good at all.  If you're just basing it off the fact that he kills early that's stupid.  Ganondorf kills early, doesn't change the fact that he's shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, Ike is looking pretty damn good, but because of him I'm not really up for Chrom anymore. I mean sure he'd be a nice addition, but as far as aesthetics go I'd really prefer someone who wasn't another Blue headed swordsman to rep the fire emblem franchise. I'd honestly take Robin over Chrom, as bland as he may be, hell maybe even Morgan if you need someone to rep the future kids, but goddamn they has more than plenty to work with as far as movesets go, even compared to Chrom himself. Though my top FE pick right now is still probably Anna since she's that one character that manages to appear in basically every game, and with Awakening finally making her a playable unit it seems like the opportune time to give her a spot in Smash.

Totally agreed on Anna. I keep mentioning Anna and I keep getting shot down because "she's never a main character in any game." I think all of her appearance combined give her more than enough of a shot at making it in. Anna is definitely my top pick for a third FE rep.

It boggles my mind how people think Ike is OP.  He's far from it.  He really isn't very good at all.  If you're just basing it off the fact that he kills early that's stupid.  Ganondorf kills early, doesn't change the fact that he's shit.

Ike actually needs a slight buff. I agree, he's not OP, Marth is far more OP than Ike is.

You're right, I guess only his smash attacks are a bit too powerful, I think I used incorrectly the word "overpowered",  still it's my opinion. No need to call it stupid tongue.png Ganondork isn't a good comparison, he's strong but he doesn't have Ike's range. I dunno if it's the hitbox but it hits you where sometimes you think it shouldn't.

EDIT: Either you like him or you hate him, how bout watching some Ike action to "Prepare ourselves" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hLG8k42mLA

Woohoo, Ike is back and buffer than the Massif Bros.

Now can we get rid of either Falco or Wolf and have a third FE rep (preferably female like Anna) please?

Well...Ike is okay as a character, but I would've preferred a more recently relevant character to the series. I mean, Marth is always relevant, but Ike?

They could've changed his skin to his Awakening descendent, Priam. At least he's been in the new game.

Priam_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

But, whatever...I won't be using him. My primary collection will still be Kirby and Sonic. But I'd like to see some more damn new characters!

Woohoo, Ike is back and buffer than the Massif Bros.

Now can we get rid of either Falco or Wolf and have a third FE rep (preferably female like Anna) please?

Or we could, you know, not get rid of either AND have a third FE rep :V

• Thumbs Up 1

Or we could, you know, not get rid of either AND have a third FE rep :V

True true, but I'm concerned about the roster size. We already have 30 characters now (I think) so I don't know if there will be more reps for FE. I do hope so though cos that series needs more reps compared to Starfox. >>

Well...Ike is okay as a character, but I would've preferred a more recently relevant character to the series. I mean, Marth is always relevant, but Ike?

They could've changed his skin to his Awakening descendent, Priam. At least he's been in the new game.

But, whatever...I won't be using him. My primary collection will still be Kirby and Sonic. But I'd like to see some more damn new characters!

Because Priam is just a one-off character added as a nod to Ike and to prove that Ike and Soren were just really good friends and not gay?

And actually, Ike IS relevant. He's the second-most important character in the series (being the only other Main Lord other than Marth in more than one game), plus his appearance in Brawl makes him relevant as well. Roy's appearance in Melee makes him slightly more relevant than other one-off Lords, but he was still just a clone so he was cut in the massive clone purge.

I personally see this inclusion due to Ike being, well... just grand. Sure, I never really got into using him all too much... but he really is something unique. Some copied moves, yes, but mostly interesting new playstyles. Honestly, Link is sort've a middle-speed, Marth quick... and Ike completes this trinity, being the slow tankish swordsman.

And as I seem to recall, Sakurai is making it a point to balance every character. So if Ike is, as some people have said, overpowered, they'll be sure to balance him out now.

Ike was never OP. He also never really had that much in common with other fighters, besides sharing a counter move with Marth.

I'm pretty excited to see that he's back. I do, of course, want more FE newcomers, but not at the expense of him. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So, Ike is in the game. That is actually cool. I honestly did not really expect him to be in this game, but I find it all to be good. I like his design as well. I like how muscular he is.

Ike's has great Power and good Range...his ground speed is average and his attack speed is borderline average, depending on the attack. He's a decent character in my opinion.

Finally had time to post on here.

Glad to see Ike back into the fray! He was so fun to play as in Brawl! While he lack recovery and speed, he made up for it in reach and strength. An awesome defensive fighter that really work great with my prefered tactics in Smash!

I'm also glad that they used the Radiant Dawn version of him here. It does a better job show him as a very strong character and makes more sense with his strengths in Smash bros. Also, even though this design isn't actually anything new, that extra HD shine really helped those 20-inch pythons, brother!

Glad that instead of getting cut, Ike got cut... like a fucking diamond, son!

He's not a direct clone. From what I've heard he fights a lot different from Ike. He's more in between Ike and Marth. But that said, being "in between" isn't good. He may be different from both slightly, but he's still a combination of the two.

Not going to argue on him being the worst Protagonist of the series, though. I haven't played the game myself, I just know what I've read online. I know the plot, a number of features in the game, and other things, but I haven't played it entirely myself so I can't judge him accurately. He didn't seem that bad to me from what I'd seen.

But regardless, I don't want Chrom from a gameplay standpoint. I'd like someone who'd bring more to Smash Bros.

That's not what I meant. I meant characterization.

Chrom's character is the actualization of the phrase "I fight for my friends". All he gives a shit about is protecting Ylisse no matter who has to fall as a result. The only difference between him and Ike in terms of character is that he is extremely fucking naive, moreso than Ike ever was, to the point that it's painful to watch.

This is what I mean when I say I think he'd be a bad rep for Smash Bros. He could be the holy grail of Smash Bros play styles and it wouldn't change the fact that Chrom represents everything despicable that Awakening brought to the series.

But I'm in the minority on this shit and it's off topic anyways, so I'll drop it here.

Priam is in no way relevant. He's fanservice in every sense of the word.

Holy CrapI just saw something that makes far too much sense not bring up right now.

102njlv.jpg

I may be completely spit ballin' with this, but could these be the NFC Figures, or at least some sort of prototype, that'll be functional with SSB4?

I mean, I don't think this would be too out there of a thought but, by all means, stop me if I'm just being crazy.

Holy CrapI just saw something that makes far too much sense not bring up right now.

102njlv.jpg

I may be completely spit ballin' with this, but could these be the NFC Figures, or at least some sort of prototype, that'll be functional with SSB4?

I mean, I don't think this would be too out there of a thought but, by all means, stop me if I'm just being crazy.

Hmm if it weren't for the Waluigi plush kinda ruining the consistency of that theory I'd say you were onto something (and you might still be actually unless someone can link those figures to an already existing product?)

Awakening having killed Solkia's parents aside, I think I'd kind of agree with him as far as not wanting Chrom on board, moreso for gameplay purposes. Much as I like the Fire Emblem cast's sword play in Smash, some more variety would be nice.

I think Lucina getting in would be pretty cool. Her frame is pretty small compared to Ike and even Marth since they're going with the Fire Emblem 12 variant. She'd stand out next to the other Lords, at least. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Hmm if it weren't for the Waluigi plush kinda ruining the consistency of that theory I'd say you were onto something (and you might still be actually unless someone can link those figures to an already existing product?)

NM4zqGR.jpg

Yoshi seems to be reused.

I own a similar looking Rush figure made by D-Arts. It came with a Mega Man figure that looks similar, but the one Sakurai's holding in the video might actually be the one made by Kotobukiya, juding by the proportions and colors. It's a bit hard to say, though, because the image is blurry and I can't see all the points of articulation. 

NM4zqGR.jpg

Yoshi seems to be reused.

I own a similar looking Rush figure made by D-Arts. It came with a Mega Man figure that looks similar, but the one Sakurai's holding in the video might actually be the one made by Kotobukiya, juding by the proportions and colors. It's a bit hard to say, though, because the image is blurry and I can't see all the points of articulation. 

In that case they probably aren't the NFC figures.

The NFC figures I'd imagine would be completely new and built specifically for NFC rather than having been on the market already.