Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Samus would like to have a word.

..And Yoshi. Kinda.

Huh, I had no idea Monolith Soft was first-party developer now.

Really? o_o

Anyway I'm thinkin' the character reveal will be Chorus Men. I thought about it some more and realised, the chances of Nintendo "accidentally leaving" the Rhythm Heaven enemies in E3 Smash Run was incredibly low. It feels like an intentional tease to me.

..And Yoshi. Kinda.

Really? o_o

Anyway I'm thinkin' the character reveal will be Chorus Men. I thought about it some more and realised, the chances of Nintendo "accidentally leaving" the Rhythm Heaven enemies in E3 Smash Run was incredibly low. It feels like an intentional tease to me.

Its just such an incredibly odd thing to tease outside of a Direct. Chorus Men really seem like they'd be more the unlockable type of character. Yeah, they probably left the Rhythm Heaven enemies in on purpose, but I don't see how that makes a Rhythm Heaven playable rep any less of an unlockable addition. If we get all hyped up and its Chorus Men it'd be seriously annoying.

I don't see how that makes a Rhythm Heaven playable rep any less of an unlockable addition. If we get all hyped up and its Chorus Men it'd be seriously annoying.

Speak for yourself, if we got all hyped up and it's Chrom it'd be seriously annoying P:

Because Chrom is the least surprising newcomer ever literally everyone has known he was coming since Day 1 and also he's boring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hoping for Ridley. Realistically expecting Shulk or Chorus Men/Marshal.  Honestly I'd be happy to see Chrom or Lucina but it seems like I'm alone on that one, lol

I really don't hope for Lucina. She's a female Marth. And that's not even an exaggeration, since she disguises herself as Marth for half of Awakening.

And I'm not sure what Chrom could bring that Ike already doesn't. If they want to use someone interesting, use one of the other units.

*coughTharjacough*

Still waiting on Shulk to be revealed. Once he's in I don't really care who else makes it.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the surprise has potentially been ruined already? Again? (counting the leak as the first ruining-of-said-surprise)

I have zero familiarity or interest in Shulk as I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but with the amount Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U is being hyped up by Nintendo, I can definitely see a character from that series getting in. He's a new face, so he'd be interesting I'm sure, even if personally I have no attachment to him whatsoever.

I just want Sakurai to surprise us all and announce someone that no one was expecting. Heck, let the leaks be true, but let it be a character not on the leaks like Rosalina.

So the surprise has potentially been ruined already? Again? (counting the leak as the first ruining-of-said-surprise)

I have zero familiarity or interest in Shulk as I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but with the amount Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U is being hyped up by Nintendo, I can definitely see a character from that series getting in. He's a new face, so he'd be interesting I'm sure, even if personally I have no attachment to him whatsoever.

I just want Sakurai to surprise us all and announce someone that no one was expecting. Heck, let the leaks be true, but let it be a character not on the leaks like Rosalina.

I'm expecting the Gematsu leak to be the entirety of the starting roster (+ Mega Man and Pac-Man?).

Chrom would be like a clone of Ike and Lucina would be a clone of Marth. Fan favourite Tharja or Anna would be good choices for a third FE rep, and that's another female rep in the roster!

Also if it is true that Shulk is a definite newcomer to SSB4 then that's fine by me! I'd like to see a Xenoblade stage, possibly a Nopon Assist Trophy. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Shulk :/ I never played Xenoblade.. Is there anything special you can do with is moveset?

Xeno series scriptwriter retweeted the news.

Also,

BdteyZG.png

I assume this is Shulk's voice actor?

Shulk :/ I never played Xenoblade.. Is there anything special you can do with is moveset?

He has an all powerful blade known as the Monado which allows him to see the future (or certain events that may happen in the future) and he can do lots of cool attacks with it!

He has an all powerful blade known as the Monado which allows him to see the future (or certain events that may happen in the future) and he can do lots of cool attacks with it!

Well if he has a blade that can see into the future, I guess that at least ties in with the idea of us knowing it's probably going to be him that's revealed on Monday then :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Well cool. Another newcomer. That's nice.

3ds is coming our very soon in Japan so maybe he's gonna reveal every one.

Since the newcomer videos are getting less and less hype like a full out CGI to simple gameplay videos like Pacman, I'm guessing this character is probably not that interesting. Especially if its shulk, chrome or whatever swordsmen they got in their.

I don't really see how they could incorporate the whole future sight thing into his moveset aside from maybe some kind of counter attack,  but the Monado is a really cool weapon and I look forward to seeing that in action.

Yeah I'm not sure how they could implement the Monado's power into his moveset.. it could be really interesting though, and I think if anyone could make Shulk really unique, it's Sakurai.

I assume this is Shulk's voice actor?

Yep it is, and he typically doesn't act for video games at all which is why him saying he is doing game VA is very notable.

Also I love his voice.

I don't really see how they could incorporate the whole future sight thing into his moveset aside from maybe some kind of counter attack,  but the Monado is a really cool weapon and I look forward to seeing that in action.

Bro, it's Sakurai.  He'll find a way us commoners would never even think of.  Man has a mad creative mind.

I'm glad that - if the evidence aligns and it is Shulk - that the British VA will be kept. The localisation of Xenoblade was so good.

Heck, let the leaks be true, but let it be a character not on the leaks like Rosalina.

Rosalina could have been a special case though, as she is the only character who appeared between the first and second leak that wasn't on the first one. 

Chrom would be like a clone of Ike and Lucina would be a clone of Marth.

I don't see why it has to be that way, especially when all the other newcomers have been extremely unique. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You mean Banado right?

suzFydk.gif

As much I wished it was Issac, Shulk seem like the most likely choice since the Xenoblade sequel is going to come out next year.

I dunno. Is there anything special you can do with an F-Zero racer's moveset or an Animal Crossing Villager's?