Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Well to be honest, he probably has these trailers made way ahead of time. So last minute may just mean Sakurai pulled one of the other trailers he had.

I think this makes sense but it could easily go both ways right now. Like others have speculated, maybe this guy got the first leak wrong, but not the second one. Still.. at the same time, the Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run is very curious.

To me, the single weirdest thing is the email he got saying "enjoy Shulk" or whatever, as if he knew Shulk was gonna be revealed today. Most of the internet thought he would because of what the writer Retweeted, but the fact that Captain Falcon was revealed today (on an F-Zero X anniversary) makes me think that maybe Sakurai planned the Robin trailer for today all along.

So yeah it's really.. a tough call. I don't think we can call the Gematsu leak bullshit, and "not knowing about what Sakurai is showing and when" makes a lot of sense. At the same time, this just further cements that no, the leak isn't law, even if we're still getting Shulk and Chorus Men there's a lot that the leaker doesn't know about.

Oh come on, he's obviously saving face at this point. He was completely wrong on Chrom, instead it's Robin AND Lucina.

Oh come on, he's obviously saving face at this point. He was completely wrong on Chrom, instead it's Robin AND Lucina.

Yeah he was, but again, if Chorus Men turns out true as is implied by the Smash Run enemy that's a huge amount of "rights" (including ones no one would have ever guessed or put in the same roster together) to just one "wrong".

No one's gonna be forgetting about the Gematsu Leak until Chorus Men are deconfirmed.

I doubt it. My guess is the guy HAS no info anymore. I DO believe he had the first six right. I don't know where he got Mii Fighter from, but my guess is the guy leaked the initial info and got fired. He made up the second leak based on valid speculation. Chorus Men was a bit out there, but if he checked sales he may have noticed it was extremely popular, or he knew Sneaky Spirits were in Smash Run.

I never thought he legitimately knew Shulk was going to be revealed. Everyone was banking on Shulk being revealed due to the retweets and everything else, he probably saw that and figured "ok, now they're going to announce Shulk," and passed it off as a leak. Shulk's mostlikely still is in the game, and my guess is he'll either be secret, or he'll be the last character announced before release.

Its POSSIBLE Sakurai switched the reveal at the last second, but kinda doubtful. The video wasn't three minutes long, but it was very close, so maybe they just said three minutes because it was close to three minutes anyway (it was actually 2 minutes and 50 seconds, barely shorter...)

Either way, it doesn't matter. The leak is dead because he announced Chrom and Chrom isn't in it. This is literally the first time he's been wrong, and if you look at the history... Pokemon From X/Y wasn't a legit answer and everyone thought Palutena was in anyway, especially after the first Palutena leak.

There's also the fact that Sakurai stated the roster was decided at the start. I mean, its possible that Chrom was planned but replaced with Robin, but its doubtful. If the guy's info was legit, he probably heard "main character from Fire Emblem: Awakening" and immediately assumed Chrom, even though Robin really is the true main character of Awakening. Chrom is the face of Awakening, but Robin is the one most of the story revolves around, especially the second half of it.

You're a real party pooper aren't you?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this makes sense but it could easily go both ways right now. Like others have speculated, maybe this guy got the first leak wrong, but not the second one. Still.. at the same time, the Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run is very curious.

To me, the single weirdest thing is the email he got saying "enjoy Shulk" or whatever, as if he knew Shulk was gonna be revealed today. Most of the internet thought he would because of what the writer Retweeted, but the fact that Captain Falcon was revealed today (on an F-Zero X anniversary) makes me think that maybe Sakurai planned the Robin trailer for today all along.

So yeah it's really.. a tough call. I don't think we can call the Gematsu leak bullshit, and "not knowing about what Sakurai is showing and when" makes a lot of sense. At the same time, this just further cements that no, the leak isn't law, even if we're still getting Shulk and Chorus Men there's a lot that the leaker doesn't know about.

Oh shit, I forgot that it was the F-Zero anniversary, too. Today was ALSO the anniversary of Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War. So they celebrated both by having Captain Falcon beat the daylights out of Chrom, have Lucina defend him, and then Robin comes in to save Lucina. Everything was just pure win as a whole.

Now I'm really starting to think we may yet get both K. Rool and Dixie Kong after all!

EDIT: But yeah, the fact that this is both an FE anniversary AND the F-Zero anniversaryand we got both Captain Falco and FE newcomers is no coincidence. Sakurai never once intended to announce Shulk today, everyone just believed Shulk would be announced because the Xenoblade developers retweeted it.

So, I double-checked what I said in my previous post, I was wrong about TODAY being an FE Anniversary. Instead, the FE anniversary is tomorrow (Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem for 3DS) and the following day (the 16th), that being the European release of Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. Still, everything is just TOO coincidental. Sakurai planned it out exactly as he intended, he did not change trailers, he just trolled everyone (including the leaker) by making everyone believe we'd be getting Shulk today.

A late reply to the topic but here it is anyways.

I was disappointed there was no Shulk reveal, but I did get hyped about Captain Falcon's glorious return, especially in HD! Sad we didn't get to see a cinematic Falcon Punch connect, but oh wells. I didn't get hyped seeing Robin or Lucina, since I've never played any of the Fire Emblem games. Robin looks like s/he has a cool moveset being a magic swordsman and Lucina looks basically like a female Marth (a "newcomer" that is like a clone similar to Toon Link or Falco). Lucina has most of Marth's specials (UpB, DownB, SideB probably, B) and some A moves. 

I've also looked at several live reactions on youtube and what I got was very little hype for the new FE newcomers. Seems most of them shared my reaction that Captain Falcon stole the show and people didn't know these new characters. It's great for FE fans who saw this trailer (and possibly Japan?) but not so in the West. I wonder if anything will change if Shulk was revealed instead and faced Captain Falcon in all his manly glory. After all, Xenoblade is a very niche franchise as well but I saw a decent amount of people on Miiverse and Neogaf wanting Shulk instead so I dunno. 

That Rayman trophy reveal completely threw me off guard! Sad to see he's not playable, maybe some Assist Trophies, music, or a stage are in order?

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (and other upcoming Nintendo titles) will be playable to the UK public for the first time at this year's Hyper Japan 2014! What's more, you can get 1/3 off the face value of the entry tickets by following this special link: http://ow.ly/yw3wn Let us know if you're planning on attending in the comments below!

https://www.facebook.com/224173137756374/photos/a.266600980180256.1073741830.224173137756374/298758240297863/?type=1

Everything always happens in London sad.png Hope they do a tour at some point so people elsewhere in the UK can try.

The Gematsu leak is still real. It's got to be.

I know some people are really ready to say "nah it's not true" at any given moment, but you all act like this rumor isn't something Sakurai or the Smash team would've heard of by now. Considering how extremely accurate this guy's predictions have been before, and how Chrom was joked about in the video (PLUS the Rhythm Heaven enemies and whatnot), I believe the guy's still telling the truth.

It's just that either it's an outdated list and they changed their minds on (or just added) a few things, or they've intentionally went out of their way to shake up the rumor mill for fun. We know how Sakurai is, and it doesn't seem unlikely that he'd get people related to the Xeno series involved with a big ruse for giggles. :v

• Thumbs Up 6

The Gematsu leak is still real. It's got to be.

I know some people are really ready to say "nah it's not true" at any given moment, but you all act like this rumor isn't something Sakurai or the Smash team would've heard of by now. Considering how extremely accurate this guy's predictions have been before, and how Chrom was joked about in the video (PLUS the Rhythm Heaven enemies and whatnot), I believe the guy's still telling the truth.

It's just that either it's an outdated list and they changed their minds on (or just added) a few things, or they've intentionally went out of their way to shake up the rumor mill for fun. We know how Sakurai is, and it doesn't seem unlikely that he'd get people related to the Xeno series involved with a big ruse for giggles. :v

I agree. I mean this guy's predictions were spot on when it concerns Mii Fighter and Wii Fit Trainer, so even though some of it is suspicious (Chrom being playable when it turns out he's not) there's still other stuff that makes the leak seem very legit.

It's not so much that people want Shulk and Chorus Men not playable in Smash 4. Everyone's warmed up to Chorus Men at this point, and everyone was up for Shulk anyway.

It's more that Gematsu guy's talk about the three characters, the debate about Ness and Lucas, and post-release character DLC, made it sound like that that was all that was left as far as big reveals go. Robin shattered that possibility to pieces, so people are getting excited for newcomers again, Shulk and Chorus Men included.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well of course, that's great that we may get more than what it seemed, but none of that would mean the Gematsu leak isn't true, so I'm not getting why people were so quick to say it was false anyways.

Also..

...post-release character DLC...

...RAYMAN?!?!?!

• Thumbs Up 3

For all of Sakurai's attention to detail, I'm surprised they forgot to put Lucina's Brand of the Exalt in her left eye. It's not even present in the "Challenger Approaching" banner that focuses on the newcomers' eyes.

It's too central to Lucina's character to be an oversight. Wonder what's up.

It's also completely ignored for 90% of the game. Hell I forgot it's in her eye until you reminded me.

It's not like you're going to be able to see it in battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

People are quick to write it false because the leak has been gospel up to now. Playable Robin means that there is room for possibilities not in Gematsu's leaks, keeping the hype alive until release.

People want to be surprised and in awe throughout the course of development, not be given the equivalent of a road map listed with all the stops on the way.

• Thumbs Up 3

It all just comes down to implications. The second leak from Gematsu had an air of finality to it. You get Chrom, Shulk, and CM. You get Ness or Lucas. You get post-release DLC. That's it. GG.

It's really that Post-release DLC bit that's causing the problem. Why talk about post-release content if you still have surprises in store?

But then here comes the Fire Emblem duo flying out of nowhere. Suddenly, there's now an unknown element thrown into the mix. Something Gematsu did not know about. Something that has not happened since Rosalina, who was the first newcomer and so Gematsu could be given a pass for not knowing about it because she was too soon.

That's where the hype is coming from, and that's why people are writing in saying Gematsu is wrong, when in reality, Gematsu could simply not have been given enough information for this one moment. It's the high of the moment.

Here's my thoughts on Gematsu as of now:

1.) He got all the info, but it was second hand information and not all accurate. He heard "main character of Fire Emblem: Awakening" and assumed Chrom, but Robin is the real main character of Fire Emblem: Awakening. He also did not hear about Rosalina or Lucina, which ultimately means Gematsu is not Gospel and is not all we're getting.

2.) He got all the info, but it was severely outdated. Chrom was planned at one point, but replaced by Robin later. I thought this was possible before, but now I'm thinking... no, it never happened, Chrom was never once planned to be playable. Sakurai himself said that the roster was decided before development began.

3.) He got the first leak, got fired, and made up the second leak later. Some time between the first and third leaks he learned from additional off-hand information that Miis would be called Mii Fighter.

The fact that Chrom is dead kills the leak. Yes, additional info could be accurate, but the leak is unreliable now. There's only two left anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

It all just comes down to implications. The second leak from Gematsu had an air of finality to it. You get Chrom, Shulk, and CM. You get Ness or Lucas. You get post-release DLC. That's it. GG.

It's really that Post-release DLC bit that's causing the problem. Why talk about post-release content if you still have surprises in store?

But then here comes the Fire Emblem duo flying out of nowhere. Suddenly, there's now an unknown element thrown into the mix. Something Gematsu did not know about. Something that has not happened since Rosalina, who was the first newcomer and so Gematsu could be given a pass for not knowing about it because she was too soon.

That's where the hype is coming from, and that's why people are writing in saying Gematsu is wrong, when in reality, Gematsu could simply not have been given enough information for this one moment. It's the high of the moment.

That would be perfectly acceptable if Chrom was playable along with Robin and Lucina, but he's not. In fact, Sakurai directly trolled Chrom fans in the video.

To call it completely unreliable sounds inaccurate especially when we have evidence proving part of the leak is true. Yes, it's not the end all be all of info, and it's not the end of all newcomers for sure, but that's no reason to say the Shulk and Chorus boys part has no validity. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47208810/lucina-landing_lag.webm

Do you see that landing lag?

Good, now tell me where it is, because I see none.

#Smash4MechanicsAlterations

I saw that. I like the idea that she has next to no lag, but she is still a new character. I want to hope that Sakurai heard our pleas for less landing lag, but we need to desperately see the reduction applied to the characters in the invitational.

Landing lag in this game either seems really severe or non-existent (because a move can be easily auto cancelled), often it's not even on moves or instances where it makes that much sense.  Why can Bowser auto cancel his fast BAir that deals 20% yet Sonic suffers a million years of landing lag on his slower, weaker BAir?