Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Not like I care about FE by its sucks that there is another clone. Its whatever, as lots of people been saying, its not like she's taking up a slot. Plus sakurai said were nearing the bottom of characters, so the least interesting newcomers are now getting revealed.

No, he said we're nearing the bottom of character trailers. And I disagree on "least interesting" newcomers, Robin's the first newcomer since Mega Man I was truly excited for. (I did want Little Mac because I think he deserved to be in.)

Not like I care about FE by its sucks that there is another clone. Its whatever, as lots of people been saying, its not like she's taking up a slot. Plus sakurai said were nearing the bottom of characters, so the least interesting newcomers are now getting revealed.

No, he said they're running out of character trailers.

Super late but, Ganondorf was my main in Brawl for a while. I still play as him, though not as much. I'd be fine if they kept that moveset for him.

Oh shit oops Lol

I forgot it was trailers.

And to me, these are the least interesting newcomers. Some of it being that I never played fire emblem and they just don't look all that interesting. I can look little Mac and say "this guys looks cool and his move set looks fun to play with!" And yet I never played punch out.

The only newcomer I'm familiar with is Rosalina, mega man and pacman.

I guess FE characters don't interest me Lol its just people with swords, we finally get a girl with a sword but she plays like Marth! Lol

Hmmm, well I'm back for a little and I have to say that trailer was AWESOME and Captian Falcon looks sick, hope that if we get a new F-zero game its cel-shaded, that would look extremely cool

Honestly this trailer proves 2 things that make me extremely excited: Gematsu is false or incomplete, And the rest of the character reveal trailers to release are going to be multiple character reveals.

Just listen to me on this, we have 2 months till release, and Sakurai has said that the time to release trailers is running out, so I figure that we have proably 2-4 left, and at least one newcomer and one vet apiece, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got Falco and Wolf Reveled togeter

Also with Fire Emblem getting 2(technicly 4 models) reps, I want to say that I am extremely confident we are getting TWO DK newcomers, and I think its both Dixie and K.Rool, especialy since Dixie at her base can be a Diddy clone, and we still need new villians

Captian Falcon is back, that is all

• Thumbs Up 1

Super late but, Ganondorf was my main in Brawl for a while. I still play as him, though not as much. I'd be fine if they kept that moveset for him.

Ganondorf was the worst character in Brawl. He was halfways decent in Melee, but either way, he needs some serious overhauls, namely all of his specials (except his side special) and most of his standard attacks to make him truly fit his capabilities in the Zelda games. Frankly, if Ganondorf's old moveset is to stick around, it should be improved, updated slightly and given to Black Shadow.

If Lucina had been announced a few months ago I think I would've gotten really excited about the whole clone thing, since they could maybe have done Dark Samus the same way. It's still nice that she's an AT, and really that's a much better representation of her actual abilities, but... y'know. Mighta been neat. At least it would've been another villain.

I agree wit JaiydenReim, main reason why Ganondorf hasn't been changed is because of Sakurai's dedication to preserve all main movesets, now if he added a new F-zero rep that kept an improved version of Ganondorf's Melee/Brawl moveset, while completely overhauling Ganondorf himself that would be great! or he could add Ganon

Personaly I would love seeing a new rep for both F-zero and Metroid, and I'm already pretty sure we are getting 1 if not 2 DK ones, and K.Rool seems extremely likely to me

Ganondorf was the worst character in Brawl. He was halfways decent in Melee, but either way, he needs some serious overhauls, namely all of his specials (except his side special) and most of his standard attacks to make him truly fit his capabilities in the Zelda games. Frankly, if Ganondorf's old moveset is to stick around, it should be improved, updated slightly and given to Black Shadow.

I know he was the worst, but he was still my favorite besides Sonic. :D

Dixie Kong doesn't need to fight like diddy, her hair can do so much for her move set.

And if we get her, don't forget about good ol' cranky Kong!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes because we totally want 2 more kongs that can totally diversify the DK representation instead of his most iconic enemy with a totally unique moveset who is also a giant crocodile

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess FE characters don't interest me Lol its just people with swords, we finally get a girl with a sword but she plays like Marth! Lol

Uh, Robin?

Uh, Robin?

Lol wow, my brain is not functioning right today, I actually forgot.

Either way, still not interested.

Yes because we totally want 2 more kongs that can totally diversify the DK representation instead of his most iconic enemy with a totally unique moveset who is also a giant crocodile

I'll hope for cranky and you hope for king k rool. Whoever gets their wish, cool! Lol but I doubt we'll get any of them. Dixie seems most possible.

I'm cool with whoever we get but I'd rather have cranky.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dixie being a Diddy clone would really suck. Marth and Falcon have more generic movesets that involve sword slashes and punchs and kicks, but Diddy's is very Diddy-centric. Dixie using guns, flying around in a jet pack, doing somersaults etc would feel very off for the character, while Lucina fighting like Marth or Ganondorf punching and kicking don't as much.

Dixie being a Diddy clone would really suck. Marth and Falcon have more generic movesets that involve sword slashes and punchs and kicks, but Diddy's is very Diddy-centric. Dixie using guns, flying around in a jet pack, doing somersaults etc would feel very off for the character, while Lucina fighting like Marth or Ganondorf punching and kicking don't as much.

Dixie could be a semi-clone, having a few of her standards similar to Diddy's and has a gun as well (she gets one in Tropical Freeze), but most of her moveset would revolve around her hair. She definitely wouldn't fit using a jetpack; her recovery should be her hair twirl from Tropical Freeze, and her side special should be her classic hair twirl. Her throwing bananas? Eh, maybe, I'm not sure what else she could use for her down special.

For her gun, though, she gets a gumball popgun, which may be a not to the fact that she always chewed on gum in the classic DKC games, blew bubbles for her idle animations and blew bubbles when trading places with Diddy and Kiddy. In fact, she could use her bubblegum blowing as a side smash.

Back to the clone thing, though, if they designed Diddy in mind with working with Dixie Kong in a tagteam like they originally planned, just without Dixie as part of it, naturally Dixie could've been a clone. Although its also incredibly possible that the "tagteam" matchup was going to have the recovery move throwing the other one, in which case it wouldn't work, so Diddy had to get his own recovery, the jet barrels, a feature that's always been exclusive to him.

Dixie can work similar to Diddy in many areas, but she'd replacing attacking with her hands and feet with attacking with her hair for the most part, with a few attacks potentially doing something different. Namely, again, her side smash could be her blowing a bubble.

Cranky Kong? No way he'll get in over K. Rool, sorry. With the Kremlings back, we know Sakurai is willing to dig into the history of the DK universe, and K. Rool is extremely iconic (just like Dixie Kong). Cranky getting one appearance in a platforming game does nothing for the massive history of K. Rool, and K. Rool has far more going for him moveset-wise, anyway. Plus Smash could use villains.

OK, I didn't know about her gun in TF.

But going by the rest of your ideas, they'd have to go with completely different animations for her, which would negate the ease of making her a clone. If her attacks are merely similar or she only shares a few attacks with Diddy, I wouldn't consider her a clone.

fu5ieu.png

Relevant.

Anyway, I wouldn't want Dixie to be a Diddy clone (or semi-clone) either. I'm sure Sakurai could figure something out to make her completely unique.

I'd still prefer cranky.

Cranky interest me more than k rool

I think k rool will probably be a boss in smash run.

Again, I think both won't make it. I could be wrong though Lol I just don't see it lol

I'd imagine cranky having rants about a character he is facing against a fighter. Just like how snake observes his fighters in brawl. I'd bet cranky make some funny comments.

But that' never going to happen sadly Lol.

I'm still curious for sonic and megamans 3ds stage is gonna be. Really hope they chose a good level.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't get the "Dixie's hair is really unique and could totally set her apart from the rest of the cast" mindset. Yeah her hair attacks might be sort of visually distinctive but gameplay-wise I can't see it offering anything particularly noteworthy. Hell, I'd say the gum gun from Tropical Freeze has more to offer, since it would have an effect that is unique to Dixie and potentially interesting gameplay uses. I mean it's not like she wouldn't work, and there's plenty to go off of if they did want to include her, but she's not the sort of character who would be included for the limitless gameplay possibilities she would offer.

I have no idea how the fuck people think she would be a Diddy clone though, that's just asinine. She probably has more similarities to Donkey Kong than she would to Diddy.

I think k rool will probably be a boss in smash run.

No.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Smash Run has bosses?

In one of the game plain discussions, the one with kirbopher, he said that a nintendo representative told him there are gonna be bosses and kraid from metroid was gonna be one of them.

So let's hope we got Dr eggman on here!

From what I understand of Smash Run, bosses wouldn't make much sense. I think this might be a case of a rep not knowing what they're talking about.