Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Roy are my boys

I might have been drinking so if I posted the same video twice, my bad

EDIT: Word is that Japan got the patch data early and these were datamined from that

" Inkling Girl had a trophy added, there's some rhythm heaven music added, new kirby stage and Ryu's stage."

supposedly

EDIT 2: Confirmed w0cXQt7.pngnew word coming in is that Ryu/Roy are finished and possibly a surprise "IT'S AVAILABLE NOW!" deal

Keep in mind I don't poo poo other publisher's for DLC. But Nintendo just knows how to do it right

I just realized it would be smart to put this under a spoiler. So uh, here's what we're probably hearing about Tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 2

SHEEEEEEEEEET

Added music and stages?

:o Could this mean hope for Sonic? Naaah. But it does give me hope for more zelda music!

Ryu looks pretty cool. Never got into Street Fighter, but yeah, he seems like a pretty cool Addition for the Smash Roster.

Couldn't care less about Roy >__>

New stages is the Thing I'm most excited about, though, that aspect of the game is still pretty lacking, imo, so more additions are always nice. :D

Those are too well done to be fake. I don't know what to think of this now since its 3 in the morning and my brain is fried.

Falco is now roasted chicken.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never actually touched a Street Fighter title, but to me Smash is a glorified video game museum, particularly as of Smash 4 with the existing Capcom/SEGA/Namco love, so Ryu being in is a huge boon. To an outsider like me, he is the face of fighting games and I'm so happy that character is in

Re: Leaked videos/JP update data mine

It was practically confirmed as of the original datamine, I believed that as soon as it was confirmed from multiple sources, but this is cool.  Roy is whatever, as if we need a character with a 2nd clone, but I can respect his conclusion as a legacy thing, no harm done.  Ryu is definitely well-known enough to deserve a spot.  Doesn't appeal/interest me, but he fits in here for sure, maybe not with the other guests particularly but definitely into Smash as a whole.

Honestly though, I've always been about stages rather than fighters, so news of new stages is great!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm probably going to be one of the few (if not the only one) to say this.... I'm really disappointed by the character choices. Even though he's the icon for street fighter, Ryu's never been all that interesting to me, nor do I really find him interesting as a fighter. Roy I never really cared about even during Melee.

Well, no use in bellyaching about some random character I'd rather see in the game or how I'm once again the only person to have an opinion in the minority. Back to waiting on the ballots.

This is what you get when Sakurai plays Fire Emblem : Awakening when Smash is in development

And another Capcom character? Weird

What is exciting me the most is the fact that these two characters are probably ready to go as we speak. According to a JP sub, a JP Patch went up quickly and people datamined it. Other things set to be included include Dreamland 64, Ryu's SF2 Stage (as seen at the end of his video), a Inkling Girl Trophy (to go along with the mii costume, presumably) and Rhythm Heaven's Blue Birds and Monkey Watch as tracks for the game.

All of that would be enough to fill up a 20 minute presentation, alongside some confirmations of some more stuff coming in the future. It's all been datamined from the game, and due to how the DLC is structured, the characters are added through patches and then you unlock them by purchasing the DLC. They would all be ready in the game if we found out about them so soon!

One last thing, take a look at Sakurai's Miiverse Post announcing the Presentation: The update that includes Lucas will be available beginning 08:00 AM on June 14 (PT), 17:00 (CEST) on June 14th, and 01:00 AM on June 15 (AEST). We made a special video broadcast to talk about the update. In it, I'll be on camera to give you all the details!

"We made a special video broadcast to talk about the update."

"All the details!"

"All the details about the update"
"All the details about Ryu and Roy."

HAPPENING.

EDIT: I suppose I can post this freely as we already officially know about him. Here's Lucas' victory video.

EDIT 2: Original got taken down. Here's a mirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a58APfZu8qk

Dat ending shot with Peach as Hinawa, Duck Hunt Dog as Boney, his Cowboy summon as Flint and Lucas and Claus...

This makes me so happy. <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't always like to post stuff from NeoGAF, but anyway

There's a few more trophies added besides the obligatory character-related ones -- Ken and the Inkling Girl.
New Mii outfits, haven't checked 'em fully but there's headgear for Akira and Jacky (Virtua Fighter), Heihachi, Isabelle, Mega Man.EXE and Zero.

AKIRA, JACKY, MY BABIIIIES

ZERO?! as in, Mega Man X Zero? If so, instant purchase for me.

Hope we get to see pics of these soon

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually feel rather embarrassed for Sakurai and his team that they let all this stuff go so early, and they really don't have anyone to blame but themselves.  I hope they still have some surprises up their sleeve for tomorrow's presentation.

FUCK THE HATERS ROY'S OUR BOY ROY'S OUR BOY No but I really like Roy and I'm glad he's back. Thank you based Sakurai.

Ryu looks sick too. I might try him out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering Ryu is apparently a thing, makes me wonder if Capcom has some Street Fighter plans for Nintendo. Maybe a WiiU porting of Ultra SF IV?

-then again, there has been one for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and that wasn't successful-

How would everyone feel about splitting discussion of the leaks/etc into a seperate thread? Seems somewhat ridiculous to have to click through a page of spoiler tags to see the latest news.

How would everyone feel about splitting discussion of the leaks/etc into a seperate thread? Seems somewhat ridiculous to have to click through a page of spoiler tags to see the latest news.

Yes pls. And thank you