Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

He pretty much does, though. Poor guy goes through so much stress and countless hours of work and there are still people who try to say that they want more from him, it's ridiculous. He already does so much to try and make everyone happy, I seriously don't blame him for being sensitive to it considering what he does for the people who like his games.

In regards to the 3DS version of the game, it did hold back some of the potential that the WiiU version could have had, but I'm actually okay with that. Lots more people seem to have a 3DS than a WiiU and it's awesome to be able to play the game anywhere you go as well as knowing that you're more likely going to be able to play with people who have that version of the game. I think it's a worthwhile trade, more people got to play the game and I think the WiiU still got a very solid amount of content at the end of the day too. Ice Climbers are missing, but we got tons of great stuff in place of it and then some.
  • Thumbs Up 8

Visual representation of the buffs characters received in the latest patch. Uploader said a follow-up video with the rest of the roster will be coming soon.

Man, Kirby's forward throw looks like it can lead into some mean combos now. <3

Edited by Felix

Believe it or not, I don't have any of the DLC for this game yet. I plan on getting the 3DS version one day, and when I do, I'll get the bundle that gets me the DLC for both systems.

So yeah, I did this thing on For Glory a couple days ago. I don't know how I didn't die, but still.

Edited by Felix

You know, I just realized something: Even though the Star Fox 64 version of Corneria has appeared as a stage in almost every Smash Bros since Melee, they've yet to actually remix the BGM from that version of the level. They actually remixed Star Fox 1's version of the Venom Surface stage for the Smash Bros's Corneria stage, weirdly enough. Even in Brawl, with its remix of Star Fox 1's Corneria, they used it only in the Space Armada stage.

Do anyone else find this at least a little weird?

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, I just realized something: Even though the Star Fox 64 version of Corneria has appeared as a stage in almost every Smash Bros since Melee, they've yet to actually remix the BGM from that version of the level. They actually remixed Star Fox 1's version of the Venom Surface stage for the Smash Bros's Corneria stage, weirdly enough. Even in Brawl, with its remix of Star Fox 1's Corneria, they used it only in the Space Armada stage.

Do anyone else find this at least a little weird?

This is a pretty common thing in Smash actually I noticed.

It took them 3 freaking games to finally put in Onett's theme, Port Town Aero Dive still doesn't have it's track theme, and the Kalos Pokemon league for odd reasons doesn't have the Kalos Elite 4 theme, no Skyloft theme for ......Skyloft either (point for Hyrule Warriors on this).

I swear, whoever is in charge of the music selection for the game, annoys me sometimes, ESPECIALLY for both the DK stages, seriously, theirs more to DK than the Jungle Hijinx theme, no fear Factory, no Mine Kart Madness, no Aquatic Ambiance, nothing from DKC2, only one song from Tropical Freeze, plus they shorten the DK Rap.....it sickens me.

And yeah Felix, Dededee is like immortal, if your gonna hit him, hit him hard. I think he's like the heaviest character or something cause I've seen him survive longer than Bowser, DK, Charizard, and Ganondorf

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 2

My biggest problem with Smash Wii U's soundtrack is how there's so many fucking medleys. I think it holds back on how one particular remix can be otherwise amazing if it weren't for the arranger focusing more on throwing in two or three other songs in the process. IMO a lot of them are not good matches at all. The Great Sea and the file select theme? Saria's theme and the mid-boss battle from OOT? Onett and Winters? Good Egg and the Underground theme? That Paper Mario medley? Who came up with these combinations? I recall feeling extremely disappointed at the Great Sea remix because it's truncated and doesn't even sound as grand as the source material, and then it gets interrupted anyway and feels very underwhelming.

• Thumbs Up 4

My biggest problem with Smash Wii U's soundtrack is how there's so many fucking medleys. I think it holds back on how one particular remix can be otherwise amazing if it weren't for the arranger focusing more on throwing in two or three other songs in the process. IMO a lot of them are not good matches at all. The Great Sea and the file select theme? Saria's theme and the mid-boss battle from OOT? Onett and Winters? Good Egg and the Underground theme? That Paper Mario medley? Who came up with these combinations? I recall feeling extremely disappointed at the Great Sea remix because it's truncated and doesn't even sound as grand as the source material, and then it gets interrupted anyway and feels very underwhelming.

Let's not forget the absolute laziest ones:  The Song of Storms.

You'd think that Tsukasa Masuko would do a medley similar to "Ending (Metroid)" in quality...

Instead he just makes a quick MIDI file.

What he could have done was render it in the OoT soundfont

I noticed there were a lot less new songs and only a few characters got new voice clips... I'm not blaming the 3DS version, but you think they didn't have as big a budget in the sound department because they had to work on two versions of the game? Just a thought, I don't think that's the case. But still, Melee and Brawl got new voice clips for basically everyone, whereas Sm4sh only got new voice clips for Kirby, Ness and Roy and possibly Dedede (Lucario and Pit got new VAs. Sonic did too but it's all from other games, he still has Jason Griffith's surfacing-from-water clip :V). And Brawl had tons of new music compared to Smash 4. I like the music choices but I feel like there aren't very many.

I understand the Paper Mario medley since it matches what's going on in the stage, but the rest, yeah.  I think medleys can be done well but there are some BIZARRE combinations in Smash sometimes.  Saria's Song + Mid-Boss is definitely the worst, it's literally just two completely opposite sounding songs barely remixed into anything unique sounding and then slapped together.  No flow or anything whatsoever.  The new Zelda medley that came with Hyrule Castle was also a little disappointing, consists of the main theme (which is already what three of the other four song choices are for this stage...), dungeon theme from the first game, and zelda's lullaby, all songs that we've heard a bazillion times before.  How do these musiciains get given the honour of working on a Smash title and not want to be more creative than this!?

I wish I was a musical person because the other day I was humming to myself with my imagination filling in the instruments and came up with a bangin' medley remix of Hyrule Field, Market and the Castle Garden stealth segment that managed to never drop the pace of a non-medley song and I felt would've fit Hyrule Castle (64) perfectly but, alas it will stay in my head forever. Q_Q

Edited by JezMM

I actually like the Saria and Mid-Boss theme, but the transition is awful. I like the remix of Saria's Song and of Mid-Boss theme, but they definitely don't work together and really should've been separate songs. (I just love Saria's song in general. :P)

I love the new Zelda medley actually. I don't care if I've heard the main theme before, I never liked it much until now. :V

That's why I don't mind when they remix the same song multiple times. I don't always like the music, so remixing it gives it a second chance for me. I mean... I mentioned Brawl having tons of new songs but I honestly disliked (and replaced) 95% of them, hehe. Smash 4 has less new songs but I prefer most of them unlike Brawl.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there's one thing that really underwhelms me, it's Smash 4's theme. Compared to Melee and Brawl's themes, it just feels dull and doesn't feel very exciting at all. In fact, I have Melee's menu music set to play by default on Smash 4's menu. And most of the new Battlefield and Final Destination themes I have replaced by Brawl or Melee's renditions. Nothing beats Brawl's Final Destination theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not the biggest fan of the Smash 4 soundtrack, despite a few good tracks, but my appreciation for it grew when they added the SMB2 Ground theme <3. Playing Peach's Castle 64 with it is probably the closest we'll get to Mushroom Kingdom 2 ;-;

I will say, while I understand why people are disappointed by 4's soundtrack, I do think the disappointment is a bit overblown.  Like yeah I generally tend to only really love one or two new tracks per stage, but that was true of Brawl too?  Like overall there's still a LOT of tracks I love, though at the same time the amount of tracks I don't care about is doubled since they brought back almost all of Brawl's soundtrack too.  Overall it makes the new additions feel smaller in amount etc.

My only major criticism, other than the lack of creativity/quantity with new remixes for a few franchises, is that I wish the new tracks were spread out a little more.  I really hate how many Brawl stages have the exact same music selection as they did in Brawl.  SOME don't, and it makes those stages feel so much fresher despite being straight ports.  I wish that was the case with all of them.

As for 4's theme, I really love it, Brawl's felt too dramatic and trying too hard to be "epic", whereas 4's, in comparison, feels just as cool but a bit more... Nintendo.  It actually perfectly reflects how they brightened up the aesthetics for this game IMO.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, while we're still talking about the music in this series, I'm not gonna lie: At this point, I can't really stand listening to Brawl's Final Destination theme all that much anymore. I've heard it far too much over the past 7 years and my opinion of it has soured over time because of it. I'm happy for those who still like it, but it just isn't my cup of tea now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can understand getting sick of a song after hearing it for so long, but I still adore Brawl's FD theme. It's perfect for a serious one-on-one match, and it never fails to give me chills every time I hear it, probably because I'm massively nostalgic towards Brawl myself. If it's any compensation, I sometimes play the other themes, like the Melee FD theme and the second version of Melee's menu.

• Thumbs Up 3

I didn't mind the Good Egg remix, and I love the Smash 4 theme much more than 64 and Brawls actually. The soundtrack overall though was pretty underwhelming though I agree. (That butter building remix was so much worse than brawls which makes me sad.:< and the f-zero stuff was also eh.)

Shout outs to Pikmin 2's stage select theme remix and Green Greens ver. 2 for being some of the best remixes in the game for me.(also Spirit train,smiles and tears, hula hoop, and Mii channel remix were amazing as well.)

t7bGBL5.png

bruh

BLUE ARMS AAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH

Speaking of, Smiles & Tears is probably the best remix in Smash. Er, to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, according to ZeRo, the current best Smash 4 player right now, Meta Knight may be top tier. Helps that he's gradually regained the range he initially lacked when the game first came out. As a Meta Knight main, I'm pretty glad to hear this, hopefully this means others will finally give him another chance despite him having decent rep on the tournament scene.

Edited by Felix

The coolest thing happened in Smash a couple of days ago.

So my Dad came over to my grandma's house (where I'm staying due to house renovations) and he decided to check on me. I was playing Smash and we eventually started making a Mii of my dad. Then we wanted to play.

I tried to teach him how to play. He got some things down, he has some really good shield reflexes and he actually had fun. I recommended Kirby since he isn't that good at recovering yet and he mains the super tough pink puff now. He just needs to work on his recovery skills and Smash Attacks and I'll say he knows the basics.

How's your experience teaching family members how to settle it in Smash?

Edited by Failinhearts
  • Thumbs Up 1