Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Shovel Knight in Smash would be amazing. It's fun to fantasize, especially when we know that Shovel Knight is getting something 'megaton' on Nintendo platforms that 'isn't what people expect.'

Yacht Club Games themselves said that the listing was fake, though

I don't think any indie characters stand much of a chance, especially ones who don't have Japanese presence. I'd love to be proven wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Daisy doesn't have an Amiibo, what are you talking about? Toad does have one, though.

oh, sorry thought she got one for mario party

We don't even have Amiibo for the already released DLC characters, why would we suddenly get one for a character not even announced? More likely if its real, its a Splatoon thing; its just Shovel Knight himself for the Shovel Knight games and it was listed incorrectly as Smash.

Oh, right, I didn't even keep in mind that all the other DLC characters don't have amiibo yet and will likely not get some until next year (minus Mewtwo) - so yeah, the "Just a standalone Amiibo" seems a lot more likely now.

Shovel Knight in Smash would be amazing. It's fun to fantasize, especially when we know that Shovel Knight is getting something 'megaton' on Nintendo platforms that 'isn't what people expect.'

I don't think any indie characters stand much of a chance, especially ones who don't have Japanese presence. I'd love to be proven wrong. 

Yacht Club often says they don't have any idea about something or say a listing is incorrect when it actually isn't, though. After the European release date for the 3DS/Wii U Versions popped up in the eShop, they also played dumb and said they didnt know if it was true, when they actually recorded a message for the Nintendo Direct that day in which they announced the release of the game, and they also said the retail listing of Shovel Knight on various retailers was fake, when it later actually turned out to be real, so I'd take their deconfirmation with a grain of salt, they are a playful bunch sometimes xP

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanted to note that, but the possibility of them playing dumb does exist. I could see a standalone Shovel Knight Amiibo; Yacht Club could even be saying the listing is fake because it says "Smash," when they're only planning a standalone Amiibo instead to release alongside Plague of Shadows. So I'll give that a possibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure I buy this being an amiibo listing for a regular Shovel Knight amiibo either.

To reiterate, I don't think this is real. But the retailer is saying that the listing is based on official info, and that info includes it being part of the Super Smash Bros series. I don't think they'd be half-right or half-wrong. If they really knew that a Shovel Knight amiibo was coming, I think they'd know where it was from, too. 

Yacht Club often says they don't have any idea about something or say a listing is incorrect when it actually isn't, though. After the European release date for the 3DS/Wii U Versions popped up in the eShop, they also played dumb and said they didnt know if it was true, when they actually recorded a message for the Nintendo Direct that day in which they announced the release of the game, and they also said the retail listing of Shovel Knight on various retailers was fake, when it later actually turned out to be real, so I'd take their deconfirmation with a grain of salt.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

• Thumbs Up 4

This been posted yet?

Professor Layton might be coming.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1100339

Most likely false information. Remember the Mike Pollock interview? Voice actors commonly make mistakes and do so many jobs that they often have no idea what they actually worked on. This guy likely remembered he had some extra dialogue he read and didn't know where it came from, so he assumed it was Smash.

The phrasing just doesn't sound right: "I guess I AM that extra!"

He doesn't know what it was, he just knew he had extra dialogue in a session. That's all. The origin of the IMDB thing was fake because fake stuff is added all the time to IMDB.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most likely false information. Remember the Mike Pollock interview? Voice actors commonly make mistakes and do so many jobs that they often have no idea what they actually worked on. This guy likely remembered he had some extra dialogue he read and didn't know where it came from, so he assumed it was Smash.

The phrasing just doesn't sound right: "I guess I AM that extra!"

He doesn't know what it was, he just knew he had extra dialogue in a session. That's all. The origin of the IMDB thing was fake because fake stuff is added all the time to IMDB.

I get where you're coming from, but if that's all it was, why'd he delete the Tweet and make his account private to everyone but verified followers, instead of replying with something else?

I mean I'm pretty indifferent to him being in Smash and I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but y'know.

I get where you're coming from, but if that's all it was, why'd he delete the Tweet and make his account private to everyone but verified followers, instead of replying with something else?

I mean I'm pretty indifferent to him being in Smash and I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but y'know.

He deleted the tweet because he realized it was a mistake. As for making his account private I heard that it was always private, he didn't suddenly change it.

He deleted the tweet because he realized it was a mistake. As for making his account private I heard that it was always private, he didn't suddenly change it.

Wouldn't an "oh wait never mind, I was thinking of something else" be better than just deleting it and not saying anything else? That makes the rumor more believable TBH.

Got me on the second point though, I never checked his profile beforehand. :V

If they went all-out with Layton, as I'm sure they would, then I think he has the potential to have a really wild moveset.  He's not one of my personal picks, but I'd be really interested to see how they would handle him.

I'm good on Layton. I'd much rather have him than Shovel Knight or Shantae. I just don't believe the rumor, that's all.

EDIT: Even if it was King K. Rool who was leaked I still wouldn't believe it without solid evidence. All I see is a voice actor that messed up after a fake IMDB listing.

Edited by JaidynReiman

I'm good on Layton. I'd much rather have him than Shovel Knight or Shantae. I just don't believe the rumor, that's all.

EDIT: Even if it was King K. Rool who was leaked I still wouldn't believe it without solid evidence. All I see is a voice actor that messed up after a fake IMDB listing.

when was he leaked? 

He wasn't; it was a hypothetical situation.  The suggestion is that K. Rool being apparently "leaked" in a similar fashion would on the face of it be more believable than Layton, but still not actually credible enough to truly be believed.

He wasn't; it was a hypothetical situation.  The suggestion is that K. Rool being apparently "leaked" in a similar fashion would on the face of it be more believable than Layton, but still not actually credible enough to truly be believed.

I didn't say K. Rool being leaked would be more believable. I was simply stated that even if K. Rool had been leaked I wouldn't believe it, and my implication is that I'm not dissing on Layton of Shovel Knight being leaked just because I don't care about them in Smash. K. Rool is my most wanted, but even if he hypothetically gets leaked, I won't buy it (unless there's solid evidence to back it up).

when was he leaked? 

FFWF was correct, though. I was only speaking on a hypothetical, since K. Rool is my most wanted character. Even if he got leaked I wouldn't believe it without solid evidence, and I'd still be skeptical. I'm skeptical about all leaks. Especially after Artsy Omni.

(Although, during the past few months before the K. Rool costume was revealed, there were quite a number of "leaks" involving K. Rool. All of which were fake of course.)

That's what I want to know. I never recalled the king being leaked anywhere.

Well, first of all, I never said he was leaked. All I said is that even if he WAS leaked I still wouldn't believe it (implying I don't deny fake leaks just because they don't feature characters I want, I just don't believe fake leaks period).

Second of all, there were several fake leaks over the past couple months that featured K. Rool on them. The reason he was on them was because of how much he was being talked about online for the ballot, especially after the TM symbol was found next to his name in Jungle Climber's VC release.

Well, first of all, I never said he was leaked. All I said is that even if he WAS leaked I still wouldn't believe it (implying I don't deny fake leaks just because they don't feature characters I want, I just don't believe fake leaks period).

Second of all, there were several fake leaks over the past couple months that featured K. Rool on them. The reason he was on them was because of how much he was being talked about online for the ballot, especially after the TM symbol was found next to his name in Jungle Climber's VC release.

I see. Well, I did play along, but I one thinking you said he was leaked. I just followed along in an unwise way. I would believe the leak if there actually was one (and you actually knew of it) anyway, given the fake leaks we have been getting lately.

EDIT: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll395154xD2B5C2B5-15

Just wanted to share this poll, if you all don't mind.

Edited by Flamerstreak

I see. Well, I did play along, but I one thinking you said he was leaked. I just followed along in an unwise way. I would believe the leak if there actually was one (and you actually knew of it) anyway, given the fake leaks we have been getting lately.

EDIT: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll395154xD2B5C2B5-15

Just wanted to share this poll, if you all don't mind.

I thought I made it pretty clear by saying "even if it was"... I try not to imply things, but honestly, I don't see how that can be read as "Even though King K. Rool was..."

I wonder why a lot of people here still care about fake leaks that might be coming to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U. It's just a fan artwork. Just wait for any new content after Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot comes to an end.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't say K. Rool being leaked would be more believable. I was simply stated that even if K. Rool had been leaked I wouldn't believe it, and my implication is that I'm not dissing on Layton of Shovel Knight being leaked just because I don't care about them in Smash. K. Rool is my most wanted, but even if he hypothetically gets leaked, I won't buy it (unless there's solid evidence to back it up).

I apologise for misrepresenting you; I genuinely thought I'd understood your intention to be that K. Rool was a more plausible entrant rather than one you would be happier to believe in if you could.

I apologise for misrepresenting you; I genuinely thought I'd understood your intention to be that K. Rool was a more plausible entrant rather than one you would be happier to believe in if you could.

(To JaidynReiman) And I am sorry for following along with something that was not accurate. Forgive me, I should have read your post before I followed along.