Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

So, I'ma start updating the topic with the most recent tier lists from Reddit's /r/smashbros and the Smashboards Community in lieu of the official Smash Back Room one as of now. So uh, discuss!

SmashBoards

sP1jQpT.png

/r/smashbros

cEhmRk2.jpg

For SmashBoards I upvoted Pally and Rosa and downvoted Mii Brawler.

Edited by Athena Cykes

Wow. So they made a tier list eh? I thought it would be a bit longer, with all the updates and all.

My comments; it's hilarious the gap between zero suit and armored Samus. :/

As for Shulk, it's about where I expected him. I really wish he was higher though.

I'm rather pleased with Sonic's position. "You're too sl-...I mean, Sonic Speed!"

Edit: The gap between Zelda and Shiek is even more amusing.

Edited by DarkDefeater

Wow. So they made a tier list eh? I thought it would be a bit longer, with all the updates and all.

They make tier lists periodically, keep in mind these aren't "official" but community-voted as opposed to the Smash Back Room ones.

...Jova. Buddy, pal, amigo. Please tell me that you're aware that that's fake.

Not to worry old chum, I'm well aware; probably should've remembered to include the "XD" as an indicator though.

Not really related to anything happening but I thought it was funny that the Smash Ballot's deadline ends on Smash 3DS' one year anniversary.

Speaking of I committed a crime and voted Isaac despite already voting Shadow a while back

I'll be out of prison in six months

Edited by Jinchuriki Hero Naruto
  • Thumbs Up 2

Kinda miss the days were sonic was top tier. The salt was more delicious then.

No more nerfs please. And don't even think about touching sonic's back air.

Thank you :D

Edited by jords

Kinda miss the days were sonic was top tier. The salt was more delicious then.

Its still hilarious he's so high right now when he was considered quite low in Brawl.

I can't believe that Sonic is still one of the best playable characters in SSB WiiU/3DS right now. But, I'm really sad because Dr. Mario is one of the worst one. I'm surprised.

Doctor Mario might be a little less versatile compared to other characters, but what he does? He does it good. I can't think of much about him that they should change aside from maybe the angle of his down throw, and making his fthrow or up throw more unique to Mario's and useful for something.

Its still hilarious he's so high right now when he was considered quite low in Brawl.

He was mid-low, actually.

What crippled Sonic so badly in Brawl anyway despite his lack of KO power? I don't play him in Brawl much anymore.

You hit the nail on the head Felix.

Sonic was severely lacking in power compared to other fighters at the time. His best kill moves is his his FSmash which was rather short ranged and his Back Air which is only kind of predictable you were doing it wrong. What made him good was just his confusing moveset of well, spinning everywhere combined with his good combo ability.

Now he gots a stupidly good Up Smash. >:/

You hit the nail on the head Felix.

Sonic was severely lacking in power compared to other fighters at the time. His best kill moves is his his FSmash which was rather short ranged and his Back Air which is only kind of predictable you were doing it wrong. What made him good was just his confusing moveset of well, spinning everywhere combined with his good combo ability.

Now he gots a stupidly good Up Smash. >:/

What? They nerfed his up smash very recently, and it's barely killing characters at 100% now. On top of it having 50 year startup, it's not really that good of a move now.

What? They nerfed his up smash very recently, and it's barely killing characters at 100% now. On top of it having 50 year startup, it's not really that good of a move now.

I'm still living in the 1.05 patch mate.

Had to run out of space on my 3DS. :/ I just remembered it was notoriously strong.

Oh, huh. I actually don't remember when they nerfed it, but I think it was after that version.

On a side note, they should buff Falco, just like, one good buff to his neutral game. He went from maybe mid-tier-ish to solid mid or high-mid even.

Sonic's up smash was not too good either way before the nerf. The punish was just more rewarding by like 14% I believe. If you miss your getting aa hard punish if the opponent is good enough. The nerf just made me not use it even more now which is sad but its whatever.

Also sad how all his smash attacks got nerfed. Oh wait I'm not sure about down smash but I'm pretty sure it got nerfed. 

What I like to see is his aerials to get some buffs specifically landing lag. Sonic can't land for shit when it comes for most characters.Zero suit samus, Rosalina, yoshi, fox, pikachu, sheik, Mario, Luigi, scary top tiers that can just juggle sonic and catch him with a hard up SMASH. We got ways to get down to avoid getting punish but they are all not as safe as most characters. 

It's still nice to see that he's still recently high  because he's still a tough character I'd say. You can see it from seagull Joe and 6wx and some other notable ones like espy, Kai, camalange and true blue and more possibly. They put in work with sonic and still make it pretty high in tourneys until they loose from a top player.

Lucas, Roy and ryu are sure scaropponents for sonic. Seeing how most people think ryu may be top tier even zero thinks he is (God I hope he doesn't pick him up l) and me playing against an insane good Lucas player who I had trouble beating with sonic.that's of course just my opinion on that, I could be just bad at the match ups but so far it's difficult. Roy is probably the least threatening but he still is scary to go up against.

Also everyone calls him resident sleeper because everyone gets bored watching him because spin2win.

Aggressive sonic is fun to watch which comes from the top sonic players that I posted above. Watch them. They are a joy to watch.

Playing against an aggressive sonic may still piss you off if your already pissed off by his campy game lol. But that's just salt. I hope you guys at least enjoy my sonic ;_;

I hope later in the months sonic will keep his high tier status and players won't start dominating him anytime soon or at all hopefully ;_;

If that happens I still got pacman and mega man and possibly ryu! Hes pretty much my secondary now.

I still mess around with peach, Mario Kirby and ike.

Edit: and pls fix bsbs sakurai. Take that shit out. It's the reason why most people SD when people start playing sonic.

Edited by jords

SmashBoards Community Tier List v2.17

xVVnHHT.png

v2.16

sP1jQpT.png

Differences

• Rosalina moved from Tier 2 to Tier 1
  • Luigi moved from Tier 1 to Tier 3
  • Ness moved from Tier 3 to Tier 2
  • Ryu moved from Tier 4 to Tier 3
  • Roy & Ike moved from Tier 5 to Tier 4
  • DK moved from Tier 6 to Tier 4
  • Shulk moved from Tier 5 to Tier 6
  • Jigglypuff moved from Tier 5 to Tier 6
  • Link moved from Tier 5 to Tier 6
  • Dr. Mario moved from Tier 7 to Tier 6
  • Bowser Jr. moved from Tier 7 to Tier 6
  • Charizard moved from Tier 7 to Tier 6
  • Little Mac moved from Tier 7 to Tier 6
  • Palutena moved from Tier 8 to Tier 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

My babies Sonic and Ness ;v;

Hm, any tips on getting better at the game? In terms of dodging/shielding, I guess. I feel that's my weakest aspect.

Pretty awesome that Doc and Ness moved up a spot.

*silently cries at Dedede still being near-bottom tier*

Edited by Felix

My babies Sonic and Ness ;v;

Hm, any tips on getting better at the game? In terms of dodging/shielding, I guess. I feel that's my weakest aspect.

The best way to be able to help you with that is if you play with someone for a good while first.

• Thumbs Up 1