Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The Japanese trailer has a couple of more shots and confirmed the stage is paid for.

Noticeably, the stage select image is different.

That's because apparently the Japanese version doesn't have all stages unlocked. So the DLC stages appear on the first page instead of the second one.

Wonder how the omega version will work.

It'll probably just be a flat platform with angled sides in the bottom. We probably saw it in the trailer already, just with floating platforms above it. They'll probably use that layout. And on the stage itself, it will likely flip between each game theme and also show enemies randomly flying around in the backdrop like in the main stage.

Super Mario Maker

stage_5.jpg

Release date: 30/09/2015
One version - £2.29 / US$2.49 / CA$3.19 / AU$3.25 / NZ$4.25 / €2.49
Two versions - £3.19 / US$3.49 / CA$4.39 / AU$4.55 / NZ$5.95 / €3.49

Super Mario Maker

stage_5.jpg

Release date: 30/09/2015
One version - £2.29 / US$2.49 / CA$3.19 / AU$3.25 / NZ$4.25 / €2.49
Two versions - £3.19 / US$3.49 / CA$4.39 / AU$4.55 / NZ$5.95 / €3.49

Yeah, I read that. Basically confirms what we already know: there will be another stage released at the same time. However, what's interesting is that this looks like it'll be a standalone stage. I still think a character is most likely going to happen, but this basically confirms it won't be a new franchise, or at the very least, not a new third-party character.

I don't think it'll be Wolf, either, because I feel they are planning on saving him for around Star Fox Zero's release. So my bets are on the first ballot character being announced and it'll be a first-party Nintendo character from a franchise already in the game.

I'm positive there WILL be a character because there's no other big update to go with this, like what happened last time with Tournament Mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I read that. Basically confirms what we already know: there will be another stage released at the same time. However, what's interesting is that this looks like it'll be a standalone stage. I still think a character is most likely going to happen, but this basically confirms it won't be a new franchise, or at the very least, not a new third-party character.

I don't think it'll be Wolf, either, because I feel they are planning on saving him for around Star Fox Zero's release. So my bets are on the first ballot character being announced and it'll be a first-party Nintendo character from a franchise already in the game.

I'm positive there WILL be a character because there's no other big update to go with this, like what happened last time with Tournament Mode.

I'd say there's only 3 really obvious picks going by that criteria, being: Krystal, King K.Rool, and Magalor/Bandana Dee/Adeline(I think a Kirby one is possible, but Sakurai bias means it could lean towards a character he had personal development in over nessecarily the most popular, and his thoughts on lacky status)

Wait, I'm confused, what exactly here lets us assume there'll be more than just this released at the same time?  I mean yes the other DLC game in bundles due to multiple pieces of content being released at once but... anything other than that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, I'm confused, what exactly here lets us assume there'll be more than just this released at the same time?  I mean yes the other DLC game in bundles due to multiple pieces of content being released at once but... anything other than that?

It's mostly wishful thinking honestly. There's no real pattern to how they release content so there's no real way to predict what's coming. The other stage could be another past stage for all we know.

I'd say there's only 3 really obvious picks going by that criteria, being: Krystal, King K.Rool, and Magalor/Bandana Dee/Adeline(I think a Kirby one is possible, but Sakurai bias means it could lean towards a character he had personal development in over nessecarily the most popular, and his thoughts on lacky status)

"Sakurai bias" lol. Please don't tell me people still believe in that. 

Edited by Wraith

It's mostly wishful thinking honestly. There's no real pattern to how they release content so there's no real way to predict what's coming. The other stage could be another past stage for all we know.

"Sakurai bias" lol. Please don't tell me people still believe in that. 

Ok, you have the pick between 3 characters, and they all are within decent popularity of each other, but one you created, one is a personified mook, and the other came after your term on the series, it's not that clear cut

Ok, you have the pick between 3 characters, and they all are within decent popularity of each other, but one you created, one is a personified mook, and the other came after your term on the series, it's not that clear cut

that just a poor excuse for a di** move which a true professional wouldnt do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3l0exp/evidence_of_another_stage_coming_explanation_in/

Not sure it going to be a "new new" stage but there's evidence of one more coming.

I think you're pretty off base in general by thinking it would be a Kirby character to begin with, but that's just me. 

If it came down to those three, though, I don't think the two one-offs would be picked over Waddle Dee

• Thumbs Up 1

No, its not wishful thinking at all. There's currently 4 stages that are available as standalone DLC. The Super Mario Maker's stage file name is stage_5.jpg. Dream Land, Hyrule Castle, and Peach's Castle are stage_1, stage_2, and stage_3, respectively. Its not wishful thinking, its basically confirmed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3l0exp/evidence_of_another_stage_coming_explanation_in/

Not sure it going to be a "new new" stage but there's evidence of one more coming.

This is why I said that. It basically confirms there will be another DLC stage released. Now, it could just be another returning stage, but personally, if it is, I think it'll be a Melee stage, and honestly, I believe the #1 candidate for that is Kongo Jungle Melee. Venom is a close second, though.

Regardless, whatever it is, odds are we won't get a third-party character, and probably not a new franchise character, either. In the case of a new franchise character, it makes sense that they bundle the new character with a stage, because that character does not have existing representation in the game. However, for a character from an established franchise, say, we got King K. Rool.

Even if its Gangplank Galleon, directly associated with K. Rool, DK and Diddy are still in the game and are associated with that stage as well, so it doesn't make as much sense to bundle it. Maybe the bundle can be optional, but odds are, the stage would be separate to the character so that people who don't want to buy both don't have to.

Similar case could be argued in the case of Venom and Wolf. Wolf isn't directly associated with Venom, but he could be released alongside it. Or perhaps a brand new Star Fox Zero stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty happy to see we're finally getting a new stage that isn't just a recycled past stage or a Battlefield clone. Although that hand looks distracting, the wrist kinda blocks the action

• Thumbs Up 2

Pretty happy to see we're finally getting a new stage that isn't just a recycled past stage or a Battlefield clone. Although that hand looks distracting, the wrist kinda blocks the action

Suzaku Castle?

I forgot about Ryu's stage since it was bundled with a character. Though there wasn't anything really special about it other than its usage of music. The Mario Maker stage on the other hand I'm genuinely excited for

I'm guessing this stage will have the original but dynamic music like Dream Land on 3DS as the recommended/main song.  Hope we get some nice remixes though.  It's hard to think what iconic Mario songs haven't been covered yet.  A New Super Mario Bros. U remix would be the most fitting for the stage.  If the standard music is dynamically changing original music, at least it means we won't be lazily getting ground themes from SMB and SMW as original tracks and might get some interesting ones.

I think the hand is why they make you start on the top of the stage .

You know what, I'm calling it now Nintend  Direct on September 29, holiday direct, Mario Tennis blowout, some sort of major VC release setup to increase hype, and Smash Ballot news/initial winners. Least that's my thought, also my reasoning is the Super Mario Maker level comes out on the 30th, Tuesday is a prime direct day, the ballot ends on that Saturday, but any initial characters are already chosen, even if the others come later

With the delaying of a prime holiday season game for the core fans, they really need a show of good faith to reassure fans and best way to do that is Smash, New Info on what's coming and a great discussion of it via a Direct. Not saying it's a sure thing, but I believe its extremely likely

The ballot is over next month, so I doubt we'll get any information on it until a while after that.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that at least one character has been picked from the ballot already, and that they aren't waiting until the formal deadline to actually start working on characters. 

• Thumbs Up 4

That does seem like a fair bet.  The character developers won't have just downed tools, so they have to have something coming, and it will have become fairly obvious pretty quickly which characters were at the top of people's minds.  A new Nintendo Direct will also serve another purpose: That of showing people that it's still business as usual at Nintendo after the events of the past few months.  So, fingers crossed.

• Thumbs Up 1

He sure would be - Wolf doesn't seem like the kinda guy that can dance well.

I'm so sorry....

Next smash brothers game will be a battle of dance. Street style. Wolf will show all those low tier dancers up. They're gonna get served. #SettleitinDance 

Edit: actually I don't know. I think there's one opponent who might be a challenge for him.tumblr_n2hcajXEvb1qhz95yo1_500.gif

Edited by Michael Munroe
  • Thumbs Up 7