Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Just updated my 3DS version and they've also added the Duck Hunt stage to it! (Don't know if it's free, but it instantly unlocked after I updated!)

• Thumbs Up 1

They did?! Omg that makes me happy! 3DS finally getting some extra love.:D

oh they added that to compensate for 3DS not having Pirate Ship, darn it.(makes sense though, since 3DS HAS a toon stage already. Ah well, at least it's in one of the versions lol. Plus, 3DS owners got 1 out of the 2 stages free.

kinda sucks that WFT is now the only character with no stage of her own.:/  on 3DS anyway.

Edited by Michael Munroe

They did?! Omg that makes me happy! 3DS finally getting some extra love.:D

Hidden Content

kinda sucks that WFT is now the only character with no stage of her own.:/  on 3DS anyway.

I have a feeling that if they add another stage to Wii U the 3DS can't handle, Wii Fit Studio will be the next one added to 3DS. Really weird how they couldn't get it to work, though. Huh.

I don't think its because 3DS already had a Toon stage, though. I think they really just couldn't get Pirate Ship to work well and still maintain full specs.

I have a feeling that if they add another stage to Wii U the 3DS can't handle, Wii Fit Studio will be the next one added to 3DS. Really weird how they couldn't get it to work, though. Huh.

I don't think its because 3DS already had a Toon stage, though. I think they really just couldn't get Pirate Ship to work well and still maintain full specs.

I don't know, I personally think it'd be weird having two toon stages for TL, when 3DS is a bit more "equal" with its treatment bar Mario for stages. I assume Nintendo have for the longest time been wanting a  Toon Stage for Wii U.

i thought the reason Wii Fit Studio wasn't on 3DS was the mirrors. Maybe they finally found a way around that?

Well, the Duck Hunt stage was one of the few I actually wanted from the Wii U version, so I'm all kinds of happy.

Well, now that stages are moving between versions, Nintendo needs to get Corneria on the Wii U. Oh, and Brinstar.

Edited by Marcello
  • Thumbs Up 1

They're called Duck Hunt Duo.

title on the win screen says Duck Hunt. Least the American version on 3DS

3DS stage ideas for Wii U: probably not any of the 3rd party ones, but I can see Dream Land and Magicant. Maybe Paper Mario or Balloon Fighter?

Edited by Michael Munroe

Just realized 

"THE WINNER IS...DUCK HUNT!"

how the hell does a stage win a battle Nintendo? >:[

They're called Duck Hunt Duo.

The American version of the game calls them Duck Hunt and PAL version calls them Duck Hunt Duo.

Edited by Athena Cykes

I don't know, I personally think it'd be weird having two toon stages for TL, when 3DS is a bit more "equal" with its treatment bar Mario for stages. I assume Nintendo have for the longest time been wanting a  Toon Stage for Wii U.

i thought the reason Wii Fit Studio wasn't on 3DS was the mirrors. Maybe they finally found a way around that?

Eh, perhaps, that might make sense. Still, does it need the mirrors? On 3DS they could just skip that part, since it'd be hard to incorporate properly.

3DS stage ideas for Wii U: probably not any of the 3rd party ones, but I can see Dream Land and Magicant. Maybe Paper Mario or Balloon Fighter?

I can see Dream Land, Magicant, and Mute City, but only if they add additional 3DS exclusive stages, or 3 stages from the Wii U to fill in the gaps. Since they have no reason to make new stages exclusive to 3DS, it'd have to be Wii U stages ported over instead. Kongo Jungle 64 is likely prime candidates since there's already several 64 stages on both versions now (and there's only one DK stage on 3DS).

I think all additional NEW DLC stages will be designed with both versions in mind, so Wii U exclusive stages in the future would only be porting Brawl stages. New Pork City might be a likely candidate now for a Wii U exclusive stage.

Should have known there would be more than just the Mario Maker stage, but pretty excited for the new DLC. Dat Rathalos costume looks pretty sick :D. These next few weeks are going to be pretty exciting.

And of course my replays don't work, considering the 3DS version doesn't have the upload replay function to youtube like the wii U version does. So they must have changed the characters and the gameplay mechanics yet again

Mario Maker 3DS doesn't have all the variants of the levels. Well that sucks.:/ was figuring since we got a NSMB2/3D Land stage, it wouldn't be that hard to have MM have a 3D segment.

ediy: nope I lied. NSMBU shows up. Though I've only got it to appear in Omega mode...

Edited by Michael Munroe

I guess I was right. We should wait for new DLC characters after the ballot comes to an end. Do you guys think that we could see those on November 2015 or early 2016?

Star Fox and Captain Falcon Mii costumes... so, Fox and Cap. Falcon deconfirmed?

*Raises fist* SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!!!!##!

*Raises fist* SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!!!!##!

They're not being removed, it's just making a Fox Mii Costume for anyone who wants a Fox-Alike. Same applies to Captain Falcon. If anything, maybe we'll get a Chun-Li Mii Brawler outfit for the females.

They're not being removed, it's just making a Fox Mii Costume for anyone who wants a Fox-Alike. Same applies to Captain Falcon. If anything, maybe we'll get a Chun-Li Mii Brawler outfit for the females.

The joke

--------------> 

your head

• Thumbs Up 1

*ahem*

He was making a joke.

I'm using this phrasing a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had the feeling we were getting more DLC aside from the Mario Maker stage, good thing I trusted my gut in that one.

It's great to see Pirate Ship return!

I love the mario maker stage. Question on the wiiu version does it transition through all four levels variants. It only happened to me in the omega form. Other than that it just transitions with two. 

Also I really like the duck hunt stage as well. Glad it was a free download

Japanese version has them as Duck Hunt as well. The European versions call them Duck Hunt Duo and have a different Palutena's Guidance conversation to match. NoE has been changing more stuff when they localize lately. I happen to like both names.

The Mario Maker stage is great. If I'm ever indecisive I'll just go there, since it's different every time. Also, the Pirate Ship has one of my favorite omega versions in the entire game. 

Japanese version has them as Duck Hunt as well. The European versions call them Duck Hunt Duo and have a different Palutena's Guidance conversation to match. NoE has been changing more stuff when they localize lately. I happen to like both names.

Huh.  Did they rerecord the dialogue and everything?  Strange decision.  I'm reminded of their much worse handling of Codename S.T.E.A.M.  ...A thought: Did the NES Zapper ever come out in Europe?