Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/November/Nintendo-Direct-returns-with-Wii-U-and-Nintendo-3DS-line-up-details-for-Christmas-and-beyond-1068261.html

Evidently the December broadcast will be the last special video for Smash. Not saying this means the end of Smash content, but I wonder why they're mentioning it...

• Thumbs Up 1

We have Pac-Man, Mario, Link, Mega Man, Sonic, Ryu and now Cloud in a game together. This..this is beautiful. I'm shocked who else can they add at this point?

• Thumbs Up 4

Well  least we aren't getting the annoying "whiny emo kid" misconceptions......yet, as far as I know. 

Whiny emo kid? Isn't that for Squall?

Let's just say a lot of stupid folk like to confuse Cloud with his Kingdom Hearts persona. 

Anyway,  I'd say the chances of FFVII Remake finding its way to Nintendo consoles (most likely the NX) have taken a bit of a rise lately. 

Eh,  to be fair the Compete Edition kinda fixed that issue. 

KH Cloud on the other hand though,  oy vey, if he could actually just get stuff done while acting somewhat upbeat for once in his life.......

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon

So as far as the trailer goes, looks like Sakurai (not Masahiro) will be returning to voice Cloud.  And since Kirb recently did a video on Smash Bros voices, it looks like he may need to update it to include Cloud.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I think it's kinda cool, although I've never played a FF game, it's obvious the last pre-ballot and falls well into the Fan Service category. Also I think this may be the last Third party, since well have you guys noticed something? With each new Third Party Sakurai has covered another genre that has had some form of major Nintendo support, and covering Nintendo's legacy Japanese partners. Megaman(Capcom, NES, Platformer), Pacman(Namco-Bandai, Arcade), Ryu(Capcom, SNES, Fighting), Cloud(Square-Enix[Who have been supporting Nintendo since the beginning], NES/SNES(Final Fantasy in general, and while not on Nintendo at the time, he is considered one of the most iconic characters of the era], JRPG), Sonic(SEGA, Gamecube+, speed based platform). Only company with a long term relationship left is Konami(and Hudsonsoft, who they assimilated, who if they were still around would deserve a rep because of Mario Party, not to mention their own efforts), who's on interesting terms, and at this point could get a ballot character(Bomberman is highly wanted), but is unlikely otherwise. Oh and I guess this increases Banjo Kazooies possibility, but that's skating on thin ice.

Next month's video being the last means we're likely to get at least one character with Cloud( an early ballot pick likely), and the announcement of additional characters coming next year is how I see it

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh and we still lack A Nintendo Newcomer, A Villain, and A Female Newcomer, and all must be filled before this ends, so K.Rool still has a chance especially since there's no third party, or really first party competition in that category, although Captain Syrup does fit all three :P

We have Pac-Man, Mario, Link, Mega Man, Sonic, Ryu and now Cloud in a game together. This..this is beautiful. I'm shocked who else can they add at this point?

Rayman and Bomberman? (Or Snake.)

I mean, I'd personally like the next character to be Nintendo-owned, but at the same time... imagine an 8-player Smash between Mario and iconic third-party characters.

Cool. I do hope the next character is another Nintendo character, but hell, Smash is all about fanservice and I am blown away by just how far Sakurai has taken it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Surprised at the lack of salt here TBH. Over on BitF people aren't too happy about Cloud's inclusion.

Surprised at the lack of salt here TBH. Over on BitF people aren't too happy about Cloud's inclusion.

I feel the salt would have been ready for harvest if a crocodile was confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't know, could be cool.

image.png

Someone just had to make the obligatory nod to Cloud appearing in Kingdom Hearts.  Speaking of, I think that could work as one of his costumes (Kingdom Hearts gear as it is called in 012), as well as his outfit from the OST/012 Chaos (Steady Light) to go along with his EX-SOLDIER garb and Cloudy Wolf costumes.  Square's already provided us with four outfits for the mascot of Final Fantasy!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've only heard of this character because of my cousin telling me about him.......I have no interest in him. Lame.

But if he's fun then he's fun.

But its still nuts how much different characters we have now. First starting with mega man, the return of sonic, pacman, flippin ryu and now this guy. How many more 3rd parties can this guy bring in? 

Edited by jords

I've only heard of this character because of my cousin telling me about him.......I have no interest in him. Lame.

But if he's fun then he's fun.

But its still nuts how much different characters we have now. First starting with mega man, the return of sonic, pacman, flippin ryu and now this guy. How many more 3rd parties can this guy bring in? 

How has a seasonal gamer in 2015 not heard /known about literally an iconic character like Cloud lol? He's up there with Mario probably. Like if you've heard of Final Fantast you likely must have heard about 7, and by extension Cloud. The things people can surprise you by saying lol.

unless you knew about him before the reveal, and that's what you meant lol. In that case, my bad haha

Edited by Michael Munroe
  • Thumbs Up 1

How has a seasonal gamer in 2015 not heard /known about literally an iconic character like Cloud lol? He's up there with Mario probably. Like if you've heard of Final Fantast you likely must have heard about 7, and by extension Cloud. The things people can surprise you by saying lol.

To be fair I recognize the name (vaguely) and...that's it. Not really familiar with Final Fantasy at all other than it existing and a bit of Fandom Opinion Osmosis, i.e. some character named Lightning = hated. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope they get Steve Burton to voice his English voice, and not keep him solely Japanese like Roy and Marth. I say this because in the trailer he spoke Japanese, instead of english like in Ryu's Trailer. That could be just because they aren't finished working on him though.

• Thumbs Up 2

And from what I'm seeing on Tumblr, it's probably mixed reviews. I'm getting more hate posts though.

I've never played a FF game in my entire life, but heck, I'm just happy for all those people who wanted to see Cloud in Smash Bros. Cloud was just WAY too unexpecting, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

And from what I'm seeing on Tumblr, it's probably mixed reviews. I'm getting more hate posts though.

I've never played a FF game in my entire life, but heck, I'm just happy for all those people who wanted to see Cloud in Smash Bros. Cloud was just WAY too unexpecting, though.

I'm seeing it too on Facebook, and they even made a petition to get Cloud out of the game and to replace him with an "iconic character like a Black Mage.

Not like a character in the series who speicalizes in Black Magic, just one of those blue-robed, straw-hatted characters with no personality whatsoever (Vivi rhankfully doesn't count).

Black_Mage_Shibuya.png

Now that I think about it, I only main Vets this time around (Sonic, Ness, Mario, Ganondorf, Yoshi) because they're actually good compared to Brawl. I wonder if Cloud'll be a main or not...

It's not that I dislike any of the newcomers, but I can't get that good a grasp on 'em. Bowser Jr. and Shulk are great, but I'm not great. XP

Starting to get a handle on Mega Man against non-Reflect move owning characters now.