Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Training a Little Mac amiibo sure was an unusual experience.

I had to refrain from air attacking, like what I did with the other amiibo I trained. I did more one on ones when training than usual, and I had to feed him equipment to increase his recovery skills. I also tried to get "Mac Baby!" to counter more often. I had him fight my Marth amiibo "Murf", several Countering CPUS and even used Shulk to land more counters, but he still isn't doing it as often as I'd want him to.

He still needs more work.

Idk if teaching a Mac (or Greninja and Lucario) to use Slip Counter is a good idea considering it (like Substitute and Double Team) have the chance to send you wildly off the screen. 

Idk if teaching a Mac (or Greninja and Lucario) to use Slip Counter is a good idea considering it (like Substitute and Double Team) have the chance to send you wildly off the screen. 

I see what you mean, I just want the guy to do it a little more, he only successfully used a counter twice throughout his entire journey from Level 1-50. Perhaps the reason why he refrains to counter could be for that reason.

I had a dream last night that the final DLC character was SpongeBob due to his extensive history on Nintendo consoles.

...Visions of the future ?

I had a dream last night that the final DLC character was SpongeBob due to his extensive history on Nintendo consoles.

I'd be completely against that, haha.

New tier list courtesy of ya boy ESAM from Panda Global. Still nothing official (aka from the Backroom) but this is one of the best I've seen tbqh.

CUeb4qfWoAEIuV0.png

Notes:

• Mario/Rosa are tied
  • Ness/Fox are tied
  • RIP Duck Hunt
  • Yes Robin is that good
  • Yes Bowser/Duck Hunt are that bad

So uh... @Felix taught me the fun side of customs. As in, the 'screw around like you dont give a fuck' part. As in the best part of just about anything really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGcLx_2KHc

lmao real talk, I don't think either of us had a clue what we were doing but it doesn't really matter in the long run because it was fun as fuck. In serious play I absolutely loathe customs but they're not too bad when it comes to just completely messing around.

(also, Hyper Shield saves your ass in sudden death. amazing.)

Edited by Spinny
  • Thumbs Up 2

New tier list courtesy of ya boy ESAM from Panda Global. Still nothing official (aka from the Backroom) but this is one of the best I've seen tbqh.

CUeb4qfWoAEIuV0.png

Lucario shouldn't be that high and even though I think Lucas is a quite underwhelming character he's definitely not worse than Shulk or G&W. Otherwise, I can get behind this list.

So uh... @Felix taught me the fun side of customs. As in, the 'screw around like you dont give a fuck' part. As in the best part of just about anything really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGcLx_2KHc

lmao real talk, I don't think either of us had a clue what we were doing but it doesn't really matter in the long run because it was fun as fuck. In serious play I absolutely loathe customs but they're not too bad when it comes to just completely messing around.

oh man this match was so amazing. When we did it and I was Sonic with all speed customs it was even just as beautiful. <3

CUeb4qfWoAEIuV0.png

I'm ok with this list for the most part.

I'm with Felix on Lucario being so high. I don't think he's good in Smash 4, even with Aura buffs. He still feels like he's slapping people with paper. And I'm not too fond of Villager either so him being so high makes me go "buah?" I think I get why he's there but eh I'm biased against him.

But yeah I'm ok with this list. Though I'm wondering why DK is right next to Diddy, sidekicks aside. Was he that buffed too? And *sigh* It feels like yesterday we were predicting top tier Bowser and now the dream is dead. :/ O WELL!

Not likely agreed with this tier list. coming up from the guy who got out by a Ryu this weekend tourney. Its just wrong putting below over an viable rank tier. Ryu has soo many good mobility and viability against top 5 characters from what i do see. Overall i never fell in love in Tier list in smash, a lot of top players do this, but different tier, different opinion or point view of some viable characters.

Also going to do some weekly tomorrow and i do have a regional tourney this weekend, thinking going with Ike since i do love using him so far.

Edited by Daisy-Fan

Not likely agreed with this tier list. coming up from the guy who got out by a Ryu this weekend tourney. Its just wrong putting below over an viable rank tier. Ryu has soo many good mobility and viability against top 5 characters from what i do see.

A notable Ryu main on Smashboards wrote a really length post about him quite possibly being the best character in the game and I'm kind of inclined to agree especially with the fact that he was pretty much created for competitive play and he has so much to give against literally any other fighter, but the command inputs of his specials are pretty much dead center required to use that potential. he has a really scarce amount of players compared to other high tiers probably due to the inputs being difficult to master but I'd love to see him get even more attention beyond just 'high up' and I've been interested in him myself lately.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh I don't tend to pay attention much to tier lists since I kind I believe any character has the potential to be a powerful main if used right with clever techniques.

You actually linked to one of the guy who 2 stocked Nairo ZSS. he very known to be the best currently with Ryu, You should take a look of someone called HoH_Venom. he has a crazy Ryu. probably high chance to be the best Ryu of Canada either.

Ok, with us about to enter the 2 week High likelihood period where we are most likely to get the smash direct, I think it's time to throw some new life into this thread for that time period, so it's time for:

Mando's character bingo!

So needless say we all know how bingo works, but here's the rules for this one:

• 3X3 or 4X4 grid your pick, if you can't choose enough to fill out the lower grid, you can put in a wildcard
  • Third Party characters cannot exceed a half of the board(was tempted to say 4, but I'll give you guys a little slack room)
  • Video game characters only(duh, that's the primary confirmed rule)
  • Character's series must have been on a Nintendo platform, if not character themselves(so no Master Chief guys, nor Steve from Minecraft; This is more to prevent joke rosters than anything, this is for fun, but not to be outright silly)
  • You can take one slot to predict the number of characters to be released/announced and this can include Cloud

So needless to say no real winners or prizes, other than seeing characters you want happen, but there is a nominal booby prize:

If you choose so, you can bet that you will predict a character(or characters, your pick) right, and do a little avatar bet if you lose that you will change your avatar for a week to one of the actually announced characters

So yep this is all in good fun, if you choose to opt in to the booby prize, just state so. Have fun! I'll put in mine soon enough

• Thumbs Up 3

I spent too much time making this fancy. I'm treading Cloud as my free space. Once the characters are announced, I'll update this with the Smash logo over things I got right. I forgot to add free space with the logo onto Cloud, but I'll do that when I update this.

edYdW7e.png

Note: You can treat this as a personal wishlist of mine, especially Bomberman. I know he pretty much has no chance with Konami being the way they are now- because of them, Hudson is effectively dead. But I do think at least one of my guesses will be right.

2nd Note: I claim no ownership of any of these images. Some are Smashified, some are Nintendo, etc, I pretty much just google image searched them all and grabbed the ones I thought looked best.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

My (hastily MS-painted from a random template and various art sources) bingo card:

2vkc5s0.jpg

It's partly composed of what I think is most likely to happen and partly my own wishlist. Squares of note are my "sort-of free" space being a prediction that the broadcast will feature more details on Cloud in addition to two new character announcements (Similar to the PrE3 one), Shantae and Shovel Knight being relegated to a singular "indies" space, and, probably my oddest prediction, a Geno Mii Costume. I just figure with Square on for Cloud, it'd be a perfect chance to kill two birds with one stone. (That and I think a Gunner Costume would be a perfect way to include him in Smash considering how obscure he is.)   

So I lose quite a bit when I play as Little Mac, but when I win it's generally pretty cool.

This is one of those times. And it's FREAKIN' AWESOME

Here's my Bingo chart, cuz why not

ba75337ac048efde1f06047e46568cab.png

These aren't necessarily who I'd want, but they seem the most likely (except Rayman he's just there because I ran out of legitimate picks lolololol)

I also used Cloud as my 'Free Space' placeholder

Most of my personal picks still haven't changed. I still want the Inlkings to have a proper moveset, I still feel like Joanna Dark would make a nice substitute for most of Snake's more iconic moves, and Alex Roivas from Eternal Darkness still remains my "crazy unlikely but I can dream goddamnit" pick. Beyond that I can't imagine myself being too picky as long as they look fun to play and as long as they're not fucking Goku. I would say Krystal's kind of overdue for some Smash rep but honestly, the newcomer rep as far as DLC is concerned is setting the bar pretty fucking high.

To be honest I'm surprised new reps haven't shown up in Pokeballs and Assist Trophies yet. What's stopping them? I'd honestly prefer ATs for lesser characters over more bloody Mii Fighter costumes that I'm never going to buy.

Looking great guys, I'll put together mine tomorrow, although, the other question is, who's in for the avatar bet booby prize

Looking great guys, I'll put together mine tomorrow, although, the other question is, who's in for the avatar bet booby prize

Ah, well I predict Cloud will happen because duh Isaac for my Avatar booby bet.

Chances may be a bit low, but I have my hopes up!

Not sure what my name and avatar change will be, but if someone who wasn't on my list makes it, then I'll use that as my Avatar and have "I was wrong" as my Username I guess because I honestly have no idea what I should do for it.

f1ryw2M.png

Decided to split this into four groups with four characters each.

I remember Sakurai saying he fulfilled a "difficult request", hence the Ice Climbers.

This is not as much as a want list (Okay most of it is a want list) but a expect list.

I remember Sakurai saying he fulfilled a "difficult request", hence the Ice Climbers.

He was talking about Cloud when he said that