Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'm wondering, what buffs/nerfs to characters do you guys hope for when the Cloud patch rolls around this month? (last day of November, but we're practically in December at this point tbh)

In my opinon Luigi, Wario and Yoshi need a slight buff. And C. Falcon needs to be nerfed

In my opinon Luigi, Wario and Yoshi need a slight buff. And C. Falcon needs to be nerfed

Yoshi's already one of the best characters in the game, he doesn't need anymore buffs. Luigi and Wario are also fine was they are, but I guess Wario getting a damage and knockback increase to up air would be cool. That move was his jam in Brawl. Falcon's also as fine as he is. The only nerf I could see probably happening would be the range of his dash grab being toned down.

Edited by Felix

Yep, things have been quiet in this thread other than boring speculative talk, so I thought I'd get the fun going, here's the explanation

Better idea:  why not try to speculate what would be Cloud's other 6 costumes?

To be frank, two of the other costumes I can see Cloud weaing would be the "Steady Light" costume from Dissidia and from Yoshitaka Amano's artwork for the OST.  This costume is supposed to represent Cloud's time in SOLDIER, but really this is the outfit he wore while working as a Warrior of Chaos.

Then there's his "Kingdom Hearts Gear" complete with Vincent Valentine-inspired get-up and bandaged buster sword.

One outfit I would like to see him wear would be the ShinRa infantryman outfit that he wore during the Nibelheim incident as that was the first step to his character development in the Compilation chronology (and yes I saw how it unfolded when Cloud initially told it in the original PSX game followed by the actual events in Crisis Core)

Better idea:  why not try to speculate what would be Cloud's other 6 costumes?

To be frank, two of the other costumes I can see Cloud weaing would be the "Steady Light" costume from Dissidia and from Yoshitaka Amano's artwork for the OST.  This costume is supposed to represent Cloud's time in SOLDIER, but really this is the outfit he wore while working as a Warrior of Chaos.

Then there's his "Kingdom Hearts Gear" complete with Vincent Valentine-inspired get-up and bandaged buster sword.

One outfit I would like to see him wear would be the ShinRa infantryman outfit that he wore during the Nibelheim incident as that was the first step to his character development in the Compilation chronology (and yes I saw how it unfolded when Cloud initially told it in the original PSX game followed by the actual events in Crisis Core)

I just thought we'd get recolors of his normal and Adventure Children outfits tbh... With one of his normal one's having a Zack recolor. Would be interesting if we get full costumes other than the ones we have, but I doubt it.

• Thumbs Up 3

If they're going all out with Cloud, I can see multiple alts being a thing. Cloud probably has the best costume potential to work with.

Well, him and...

...K. Rool...
  • Thumbs Up 1

It may be mostly circumstantial, but all the data points to us getting a 3 character release like E3(at the least), with the files in the code, the development time that has passed(they have people who solely work on characters), and the time of year(it's always hype to release something awesome around Christmas. 

Meh. I'd say if anything,  it guarantees a minimum of three new dlc characters practically finished and ready to be added soon enough. 

I highly doubt that it signifies the limit of how many characters will actually get announced  or confirmed. 

I just thought we'd get recolors of his normal and Adventure Children outfits tbh... With one of his normal one's having a Zack recolor. Would be interesting if we get full costumes other than the ones we have, but I doubt it.

Well there's always the iconic dress as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If they're going all out with Cloud, I can see multiple alts being a thing. Cloud probably has the best costume potential to work with.

How so? Plenty of characters already in the game have plenty of different costumes that could be used.

• Thumbs Up 1

How so? Plenty of characters already in the game have plenty of different costumes that could be used.

a lot of Clouds costumes are actually iconic, whereas most of the Smash costumes come from niche or not as known titles. Plus Cloud in a dress fucking stomps the shit outta whatever Mario or Link would get.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh. I'd say if anything,  it guarantees a minimum of three new dlc characters practically finished and ready to be added soon enough. 

I highly doubt that it signifies the limit of how many characters will actually get announced  or confirmed. 

I meant as in those 3 are likely to be released next month, whereas the numbers beyond that are unpredictable

It kind of does

This is the last exclusive Smash dedicated Direct so there won't be any more big blowout character reveals. There really is no reason for them to delay the other characters that are coming out because this is the last big thing. 

They might add a character slot, but I doubt much more than that will happen

It kind of does

This is the last exclusive Smash dedicated Direct so there won't be any more big blowout character reveals. There really is no reason for them to delay the other characters that are coming out because this is the last big thing. 

They might add a character slot, but I doubt much more than that will happen

Its the last exclusive Smash dedicated Direct, but to be honest, did anyone really EXPECT another one? Even this itself was a surprise.

Q8zlO9Z.jpg

Thanks to Pinky Claws for making this!

Pretty much everyone here is someone I don't think is possible besides Endou, Inkling, Wolf or Isaac. Reason being there wasn't anyone aside from Cloud that I could see getting in. His inclusion kinda just... I dunno. I don't know who else could possibly be in this game.

and yes I am very aware that naruto is not a game character I put him there for the hell of it and I'd appreciate it if you didn't give me the whole "HERE'S WHY HE WON'T WORK" shtick, I already know :V

Q8zlO9Z.jpg

Thanks to Pinky Claws for making this!

Pretty much everyone here is someone I don't think is possible besides Endou, Inkling, Wolf or Isaac. Reason being there wasn't anyone aside from Cloud that I could see getting in. His inclusion kinda just... I dunno. I don't know who else could possibly be in this game.

and yes I am very aware that naruto is not a game character I put him there for the hell of it and I'd appreciate it if you didn't give me the whole "HERE'S WHY HE WON'T WORK" shtick, I already know :V

I dont know about Infernape. We have the fire type covered with Charizard and the fighting type with Lucario. if anything Sceptile would be a good addition for a grass type since it is the remaining starter element that would be needed to be covered in smash.

I dont know about Infernape. We have the fire type covered with Charizard and the fighting type with Lucario. if anything Sceptile would be a good addition for a grass type since it is the remaining starter element that would be needed to be covered in smash.

I only put him in due to him being my favorite Pokémon. I like Sceptile too though.

AmqtJCu.png

And here is the final bingo card from me, the unlikely list, where everyone I really really doubt has a chance.

This is purely a want list and I'd be glad to be proved wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

I only put him in due to him being my favorite Pokémon. I like Sceptile too though.

It cool. no prob. My bad for interjecting on your wishlist.

• Thumbs Up 1

It kind of does

Err, friendly reminder that while it's the last Smash dedicated event, that's no where close to suggesting that future directs won't include any Smash news. At that point, unless they've got another huge Smash megaton, might as well (re)introduce new Smash characters within directs.

Err, friendly reminder that while it's the last Smash dedicated event, that's no where close to suggesting that future directs won't include any Smash news. At that point, unless they've got another huge Smash megaton, might as well (re)introduce new Smash characters within directs.

we are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here. We have seen that Mario Kart 8 support has all but died after a good year of support. same thing for smash. I really doubt that anything major will be announced after this dedicated direct. maybe some balance updates and more mii costumes but I think we are reaching the end of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is a possibility, but they reserve Smash directs for a lot of Smash content that people want the details about.

If they save something else for a later direct, it'll be small like a new stage or mii costumes that won't need much explanation, but new characters seem like a bit much.

we are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here. We have seen that Mario Kart 8 support has all but died after a good year of support.

Just in time for Disney XD to apparently pick it back up. Go ironic frickin' figure.

Anyway, as I stated, ignoring the fact that we're pulling off assumptions anyway on data mining which is months old, we have nothing concrete to really suggest that Smash 4 still won't be getting the goods after this Smash direct.

Anyway, as I stated, ignoring the fact that we're pulling off assumptions anyway on data mining which is months old, we have nothing concrete to really suggest that Smash 4 still won't be getting the goods after this Smash direct.

The fact that this is the last Smash dedicated direct is pretty concrete evidence that DLC is slowing down to a halt

It's honestly a bit hard not to see it that way

Just in time for Disney XD to apparently pick it back up. Go ironic frickin' figure.

What's with the sassy comeback here? We are talking about DLC here not on why a channel that a good majority of the people don't have access to will show random people playing a game. The conversation was never about Nintendo dropping support as in advertisement for one of there evergreen titles. It's been almost a good year since we have seen some Mario Kart 8 DLC. 

So just go to the corner and cool down a bit why don't you.

Thanks sooo much to @Pinky Claws for this.

rR5zNM0.png

one of them is my answer to people wanting Goku in Smash.

. but new characters seem like a bit much.

Pshaw, a new character here and there every now and then isn't even always that big a load of trouble to go through. I'd rather not delve into talk of clones of course,

The fact that this is the last Smash dedicated direct is pretty concrete evidence that DLC is slowing down to a halt

Urrm, sorry that's still too assumptive for my taste. I'd agree that it signifies the inevitable slower pace of Smash updates, but as Sakurai has shown us from time to time, trying to predict his movements on anything less than an absolute confirmation from an official first hand source is almost always a fruitless endeavor.

So I'll agree to disagree with that notion for now.

What's with the sassy comeback here? We are talking about DLC here not on why a channel that a good majority of the people don't have access to will show random people playing a game. The conversation was never about Nintendo dropping support as in advertisement for one of there evergreen titles. It's been almost a good year since we have seen some Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Yeeshka, settle down there man, You specifically referred to MK8 support in your post, not that it's necessarily relevant to how Smash 4 handles stuff anyway as they're two different games and teams, so I just pointed out the recent news of Disney support. Also, fear not, there's no hidden "sassy" tone to be found; I'm not teasing ya.;)

DLC will be definitely slowing down for Smash Wii U/3DS what with the NX most likely coming next year. I do think they could give some updates on DLC in normal directs in the future, though.

Also, I've seen people suggest there could be a port of Smash 4 to NX. Then we could get Smash NX Directs ;D