Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Speaking of namco (and I asked this awhile back too) was it ever really said just how much involvement they have in this game right now? I know that they are supposed to be co-developing this but what are they exactly doing on this project.

All we know is they're helping out with development. It was never stated how much.

My guess is that they're helping out with re-balancing and technical details like that. Ideas like hyper armour haven't really showed up often in the Smash series (if it all? Does Yoshi's double jump count?), so that stuff like it has not only shown up in full force, it's actually proven integral to the playstyles of certain characters, is something I can only really attribute to Namco because it doesn't really sound like something Sakurai would have thought of.

Mind you, this is just an educated guess, so don't quote me on that.

j6j39d.jpg

The middle crate's new. I like the design it reminds me of the Companion Cube

Three crates...crates...boxes...one of the boxes is a present...three presents....three major reveals tonight. Believe in Merry Directmas.

Pic of the day, and a very important announcement.

On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!

It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait.

You can watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

No witty comment. Pulling no punches. We hyped.

• Thumbs Up 1

He seems like good news is coming our way, I don't think they would hype us up and tell us the game is delayed until 2015.

My guess is that they're helping out with re-balancing and technical details like that. Ideas like hyper armour haven't really showed up often in the Smash series (if it all? Does Yoshi's double jump count?), so that stuff like it has not only shown up in full force, it's actually proven integral to the playstyles of certain characters, is something I can only really attribute to Namco because it doesn't really sound like something Sakurai would have thought of.

Mind you, this is just an educated guess, so don't quote me on that.

Do you mean Launch Resistance? A lot of the heavy characters in Brawl had it.

Namco is probably helping with the netcode. They have a good history with netcode in fighting games.

Today is the day! Yes, so much hype! =D

Though we won't get a release date in the Direct, but a release window. I'm cool with that.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/08/super-smash-bros-direct-wont-reveal-release-date-release-window/

Less than 11 hours to go! All aboard the hype train, people!

I'm honestly not surprised they won't be revealing a concrete release date - that's much more likely to come in the inevitable tidal wave of new info at E3, or in a later Nintendo Direct. I'm expecting an Autumn/Winter 2014 release date. Q4 2014, basically. Any sooner than that would be a bonus, any later than that would be a disappointment.

Let's just hope Sakurai doesn't troll us all and say "Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS is coming... SOON!"

I can't wait to get this game when I get my 3DS. I have Super Smash Bros and the Wii and love it. Oh and according to this Norwegian site Knuckles, has been confirmed for brawl. If true I'd be happy to have Knuckles as a playable character. I want Yoshi, Shadow, Tails, Chase McCain, Waluigi and Professor Layton to be in Brawl.

http://www.spill.no/default.aspx?section=artikkel&id=5569

I can't wait to get this game when I get my 3DS. I have Super Smash Bros and the Wii and love it. Oh and according to this Norwegian site Knuckles, has been confirmed for brawl. If true I'd be happy to have Knuckles as a playable character. I want Yoshi, Shadow, Tails, Chase McCain, Waluigi and Professor Layton to be in Brawl.

"Published: 01/04/2014"

Yeah, that's 100% fake. Happy belated April Fool's :P

Third-party franchises will more than likely only ever get one representative. Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, etc. will probably pop up in one way or another like they did in Brawl, but Sonic will be the only playable character from the Sonic series. Smash Bros is, after all, a Nintendo crossover - third-party characters are only there as an added bonus.

.... Brawl already been released.

Anyway, Waluigi is already disconfirmed as a character due to him being a Asset Trohpy and that I'm unable to read the article but I bet it mostly speculation then anything so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Some people think it might be a mistake and they actually mean Soul Calibur 6 rather than Smash Bros. 6, but time will tell I suppose.

The middle crate's new. I like the design it reminds me of the Companion Cube

Three crates...crates...boxes...one of the boxes is a present...three presents....three major reveals tonight. Believe in Merry Directmas.

No witty comment. Pulling no punches. We hyped.

The middle crate is NOT new, but it is a redesigned tech create. I could recognize it as the tech crate immediately upon seeing it. Here it is: http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Crate

Not surprising that Smash Bros. isn't getting a release date yet, we don't even have a launch window yet so getting a launch window is a huge improvement. Looking forward to that direct in about 9 hours now. :D

The middle crate is NOT new, but it is a redesigned tech create. I could recognize it as the tech crate immediately upon seeing it. Here it is: http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Crate

Not surprising that Smash Bros. isn't getting a release date yet, we don't even have a launch window yet so getting a launch window is a huge improvement. Looking forward to that direct in about 9 hours now. biggrin.png

Sadly I have to wait an extra hour and a half, I have a lab :(

Also I think I heard that its going to be a whopping 30 minutes long

and I never did make that bingo card :(, oh well WONDER RED is still on my list... actualy here is my wishlist of possible ones right now:

Hm, dont think I have done a full wishlist yet, but since I got them on the brain, might as well do the ones I think are possible:

Issac(Goldensun) played the one thats coming to the wii-u on my gameboy, sadly dont have it anymore, but think he would be an awesome rep

Sami(AW), good female rep, good handheld rep, and could have a unique moveset

K.Rool(DKC) The iconic DK villian, need I say more?

Ridley(Metroid) do I really need to say anything on this one that hasnt already been said?

Ray(Custom Robo) cool character with unique moveset from underappreciated series

Wonder Red(W101) From a new Nintendo IP, and an awesome, though underlooked game, would be an awesome moveset(would need an alternate Prince Vorkken skin though)

General Lambo(W101) this one is wishful thinking, but would be rediculous

Adeliene(K64) classic forgotten kirby character, female and could have a unique art based moveset, and Sakurai does love his kirby series

illust-modal.jpg

Oh yeees guys, Ken Sugimori Smash art, gotta love it!

Of course it's time for us to begin the post-direct hype chatter. Personally I'm crazy hyped now, and this earlier 3DS release date just...helps so much.

• Thumbs Up 3

Website updated with profiles for the characters announced at the direct.

Greninja. 

Charizard.

Yoshi.

Shiek.

Zero Suit Samus.

Also, instead of just one "WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" banner, there is five with each of the characters faces on them, come to think on it, this the first time since E3 that more than one character has been revealed at the same time.

I love that new artwork we get when a newcomer revealed and this one is no exception, nice work Ken.

Yoshi is looking absolutely adorable and I like Zero Suit Samus's new boots, didn't expect Charizard to go off on his own, guess he is the result of the no transformations rule, oh well, he was my favorite of the three Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon to play anyways.  

screen-3.jpg

This is not awkward at all.

screen-8.jpg

So the Bunny Hood from Majora's Mask is an item: that's really interesting.

screen-8.jpg

it was in Brawl

screen-8.jpg

it was in Brawl

...and in Melee. Seriously. Its been around forever.

Re-watching all the videos, GameExplain uploaded each section separately. I missed a ton of it due to laggy connections.

I don't know if we'll get all character announcements by the 3DS version. They might wait until after the game is released to officially announce the rest, and allow people who have the 3DS version to find out for themselves who else is in the game.